Region 23

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Region 23

Post by EasternDspy »

Wow all the local teams are in same region.

Welcome

Waterford , Caldwell , Eastern and Monroe to the party.
Attachments
IMG_7507.jpeg

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Region 23

Post by formerfcfan »

This region got considerably weaker among the southeastern composite, and way harder in the north/northwest.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Caldwell and Monroe jumping up to D6 surprises me somewhat, but Waterford and Eastern in D6 blows my mind. Those are some significant CB numbers for those two schools.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

pioneer19 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm Caldwell and Monroe jumping up to D6 surprises me somewhat, but Waterford and Eastern in D6 blows my mind. Those are some significant CB numbers for those two schools.
Waterford CB is 17

Waterford has 114
Caldwell has 115

Cutoff is 113

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm This region got considerably weaker among the southeastern composite, and way harder in the north/northwest.
Mechanicsburg
Fort Frye
West Jefferson
Colonal Crawford

Favorites to me.

Trimble drops to D7

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:58 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm This region got considerably weaker among the southeastern composite, and way harder in the north/northwest.
Mechanicsburg
Fort Frye
West Jefferson
Colonal Crawford

Favorites to me.

Trimble drops to D7
Good list + Ridgewood. Whoever the best KMAC school is will be a tough out, too.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:56 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:52 pm Caldwell and Monroe jumping up to D6 surprises me somewhat, but Waterford and Eastern in D6 blows my mind. Those are some significant CB numbers for those two schools.
Waterford CB is 17
...and Eastern CB is 27.

Waterford 86 last season to 114
Eastern 87 last season to 124

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Bishop Rosecrans is D6!!!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Play60Football wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 am Bishop Rosecrans is D6!!!!
School had one foot in the grave a couple years ago.

Behold, the power of voting Republican!

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

Rosecrans has a lot of young skill players back with speed. Can't see Bishops not hosting first round game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell knew this was coming but it was due to Transfers. This probably only a 2 year thing

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Have to agree with EastenrDspy picks for the top contenders in this region. I was surprised when I saw that Coal Grove jumped to D-5 this year. The past few years it seems like there wasn’t as many kids in the district.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 pm Caldwell knew this was coming but it was due to Transfers. This probably only a 2 year thing
They base these on the total numbers of boys in current freshman, sophomore and junior classes from what I understand. I was told that Caldwell has two classes with large numbers of boys, junior and sophomore, then go back down a bunch from there so they will probably be back in D7 in the near future. I would imagine that with as weak as D7 region 27 was last year that it will be worse this year as the top 3 teams both moved up to this region. As far as transfers are concerned, I heard that the Vincent kid transferred over to play baseball and possibly hoops, he was probably the best athlete at Shenandoah and the Mazgay kid came over to play football and is a jv baseball player but I was not aware that anyone else transferred so I assume they aren't athletes. This region will be tough for the three teams moving up but they are still probably all top half teams in this region as well.

TomcatFootball11
Freshman Team

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

redskinwitness wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 pm Caldwell knew this was coming but it was due to Transfers. This probably only a 2 year thing
They base these on the total numbers of boys in current freshman, sophomore and junior classes from what I understand. I was told that Caldwell has two classes with large numbers of boys, junior and sophomore, then go back down a bunch from there so they will probably be back in D7 in the near future. I would imagine that with as weak as D7 region 27 was last year that it will be worse this year as the top 3 teams both moved up to this region. As far as transfers are concerned, I heard that the Vincent kid transferred over to play baseball and possibly hoops, he was probably the best athlete at Shenandoah and the Mazgay kid came over to play football and is a jv baseball player but I was not aware that anyone else transferred so I assume they aren't athletes. This region will be tough for the three teams moving up but they are still probably all top half teams in this region as well.
Region 27 got stronger with Danville, Newark Catholic, and Trimble returning

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 pm
I didn't realize Danville dropped too. They're supposed to be very good. Traditionally and probably long term it would be considered stronger with those three but this year Eastern, Waterford and Caldwell were all better than Trimble and NC had the worst year in ages which probably goes in hand with the coach leaving before last season, I'm sure it won't take them long to right the ship. I assume the Tomcats will continue to be very solid at football moving forward, tons of tradition there with those three schools.

Kmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Kmit »

I can't figure out how to post the file itself but a good explanation of the competitive balance calculation can be found by googling 'OHSAA competitive balance 101'.

BIGOHC
Waterboy

Post by BIGOHC »

In a way to early prediction I will take West Jeff to win this region.

thelegend
Waterboy

Post by thelegend »

Caldwell has darkhorse capability! They return a lot of their producers from last year's' Final 4 Team

thelegend
Waterboy

Post by thelegend »

Region 27 lost all the contenders to D6. Danville will walk to a Final 4 with what is left

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

thelegend wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:59 pm

Region 27 lost all the contenders to D6. Danville will walk to a Final 4 with what is left
Newark Catholic is D7

Return to “Football”