NASCAR Hall of Famer, Spartanburg native David Pearson dies at 83

Omega
SEOPS H

NASCAR Hall of Famer, Spartanburg native David Pearson dies at 83

Post by Omega »

Not much if any Nascar interest on SEOP, but David Pearson's passing is worth mention as he occupied a special niche in auto racing history. That and another vanishing part of American society as time marches on.

From WSPA:

SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) - NASCAR Hall of Fame driver and Spartanburg native David Pearson has died at the age of 83.

Pearson died Monday, according to a source who knew the famed driver.

Pearson was part of NASCAR's inaugural Hall of Fame class in 2010.

He was the 1960 NASCAR Rookie of the Year.

Among his 105 career wins - second all-time in NASCAR's highest division - was a Daytona 500 victory.

Pearson also won 3 Grand National Series championships.

https://www.wspa.com/sports/nascar-hall ... 1592173371

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Re: NASCAR Hall of Famer, Spartanburg native David Pearson dies at 83

Post by farmer »

The old time Nascar drivers and history sure left. My dad had a first cousin who was involved more in Virginia local stock car racing. He did some work with Nascar and was highly respected with many people in Nascar. Even having his car on display outside the Nascar Hall of Fame for years. He didn't hang with to long because he went back to Virginia when he had kids. Sure had some stories about what pit crews would do during a race.

David Pearson did things his way and if needed took things into his own hands to win a race.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: NASCAR Hall of Famer, Spartanburg native David Pearson dies at 83

Post by dazed&confused »

I always liked Pearson. He was the antidote to Petty domination. I'm a big Matt Kenseth fan. He was often compared in driving styles to Pearson. He didn't always dominate but was usually around at the end.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse

Return to “Pro Sports”