Cavaliers F Drew Gooden
Cavaliers G Larry Hughes
Cavaliers F Cedric Simmons
Cavaliers G Shannon Brown
Sonics get:
Cavaliers F Ira Newble
Cavaliers F Donyell Marshall
Bulls F Adrian Griffin

it appears Danny Ferry finally listened to his franchise player but how the trade affects the teams will be decided in the following weeks.

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Re: Big Trade

Post by CHS Sports »

its about time! :twisted: 8)

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Wow. Well, now LeBron can concentrate on playing and not complain about getting some support.

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

well, what help LJ had is now gone. Wallace provides little Off, and Smith is getting old. Gooden, Marshall, Hughes, and Brown will be missed. MARK MY WORDS

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

grizzly wrote:well, what help LJ had is now gone. Wallace provides little Off, and Smith is getting old. Gooden, Marshall, Hughes, and Brown will be missed. MARK MY WORDS

i don't know about that. Smith and Gooden's stats are as close as you can get, you get a legit outside shooter in Wally shooting 42% from behind the arc, 48% from the field, 13 ppg, and 84% fT... for a injury prone Larry Hughes although a good def. player but offensively only 12 ppg, 34% 3P% ,38 FG% ,81 % FT with some questionable shot selection (heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com)..... i'll give ya Wallace, but he can be a huge defensive presence in the paint and who knows what effect being in a playoff race will have on him.... could be enough to re-energize a person
Last edited by mohawkbaseball#1 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I say this is huge for Cleveland and puts them number two in the East right behind Boston.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Can't wait to watch the next game

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

YEEEAAAAH! Now let's get healthy!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

i think it was a good trade for the Bulls and Cavs both. Seattle isnt exactly getting better with who they got but they are in a rebuilding mode anyways

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

I have mixed feelings about this trade. I love the fact that the Cavs pick up Big Ben, but only for defensive purposes, and rebounding. He's not much of a scorer, but he makes his prescence felt inside. I also like the addition of Wally. He's a very sound player, and should fit in perfect with the Cavs' offense. However, I'd say that the Bulls got the best out of the whole deal- I just wonder if they're going to stick Gooden at Center? Larry's more than likely gonna get stuck at the 3 guard, and I'm anxious to see how he'll adjust to that. Can't wait to see the next few games from all of these teams...

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Post by Atownfan2005 »

I'm pretty excited about this trade for the fact that im going up to the Cavs/Bulls game here in a week or so..get to see the players on their new teams!!

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

the cavs are still the 3rd best team in the east, behind, Detroit and Boston

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

They play tonight against the Wizards at 7 PM on ESPN.

At least they didn't get rid of Gibson, but then again he is out for 4-6 weeks.

CHIEFSOCCER08
Riding the Bench

Post by CHIEFSOCCER08 »

I don't think anybody is going to miss Larry Hughes. Drew Gooden will be missed. This is a completely different Cavs team now with Ben Wallace, I just hope Wallace can get back to the level he was playing at a couple of years ago.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

this actually isnt a bad trade. hughes wasnt doing much for the cavs and i especially like the acquisition of Wallace and Szcerbiak (sp?). i would like to have seen them get rid of Z instead of Gooden but beggers cant be choosers i guess. i like it.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well this is good for the king i mean its no bibby or kidd but it should work for him

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

lets just see how this whole thing shakes out before we make any kinda judgments on it. don't get me wrong i love that we got rid of Laura i mean Larry Hughes, but i'm not completely sold on this yet. we'll see what happens though.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

waydowntown wrote:I have mixed feelings about this trade. I love the fact that the Cavs pick up Big Ben, but only for defensive purposes, and rebounding. He's not much of a scorer, but he makes his prescence felt inside. I also like the addition of Wally. He's a very sound player, and should fit in perfect with the Cavs' offense. However, I'd say that the Bulls got the best out of the whole deal- I just wonder if they're going to stick Gooden at Center? Larry's more than likely gonna get stuck at the 3 guard, and I'm anxious to see how he'll adjust to that. Can't wait to see the next few games from all of these teams...

What the Bulls do with Gooden should be interesting. I am curious about you saying why Larry would be 3 guard. I see him coming off the bench no matter what position he goes in as but I don't see why he wouldn't come off the bench to replace Ben Gordon instead of Luol Deng.

CHIEFSOCCER08
Riding the Bench

Post by CHIEFSOCCER08 »

Brutus8907 wrote:this actually isnt a bad trade. hughes wasnt doing much for the cavs and i especially like the acquisition of Wallace and Szcerbiak (sp?). i would like to have seen them get rid of Z instead of Gooden but beggers cant be choosers i guess. i like it.

I agree, I would have rather traded Z than Gooden.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

As a Bulls fan, I like the deal...Cleveland decided to take on Big Ben's huge contract, which is ultimately their problem...Chicago frees up cap room for the future, and I believe they help their team also...Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas are better on the front line than Joe Smith and Ben Wallace as it is...

What still bugs me is the fact that Chicago had a deal in place with Memphis for Gasol which was better than the deal the Lakers offered...The Lakers got Gasol for nothing...Dear goodness...Kwame Brown?...Bulls also could have pulled the trigger on Garnett had they chose to last summer...

For all other Chicago fans out there, there is atleast some good news...Dwyane Wade can opt out in two years and come home :-D

Return to “Pro Sports”