All Conference

Re: Browns trade 2nd round pick to Packers

Post by The Riepo Man »

The dumbest thing that has ever happened was the move to Baltimore

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:Ummmmmmmmmm....I think Savage brought both Anderson and Quinn on board. You forget that Savage came to us from the Ravens organization and was intimately acquainted with Anderson, who was also a Raven at the time.

Then he orchestrated that genius trade that got us Quinn with the 22nd pick in the first round last year when he had been projected as no worse than a 10 pick. There is no QB in this year's draft that I would take over Quinn, and I believe Savage saw that and jumped at the opportunity to get Quinn. You must also remember that going into last season we didnt have an established #1 QB between Frye, Anderson, and the holdout draft pick from Notre Dame.

I say genius and Im glad he's in Cleveland. I will feel even better when Ozzie Newsome is "home" with the Browns as well.

Frye , couch , holcomb. GENIUS
Last edited by ace63 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

gahs4ever wrote:The only thing that moved to Baltimore was Modell and 53 players.

The Browns name, colors, and history stayed in Cleveland where it belongs, and as far as history is recorded in the HOF, Cleveland has been in the NFL from 1950-95, 99-present. The Ravens franchise began in 1996.

Cleveland is the only sports city I know of to fight for and keep everything pertaining to a team when that team left town.

It was still stupid! :evil: That was a waste of 4 years for Cleveland

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

fOOTBALL DIDNT MEAN AS MUCH WITHOUT THE BROWNS . Biggest football parties were browns vs bengals . That was lost . Football didnt seem to mean as much. 4 years wasted.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

ace63 wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Ummmmmmmmmm....I think Savage brought both Anderson and Quinn on board. You forget that Savage came to us from the Ravens organization and was intimately acquainted with Anderson, who was also a Raven at the time.

Then he orchestrated that genius trade that got us Quinn with the 22nd pick in the first round last year when he had been projected as no worse than a 10 pick. There is no QB in this year's draft that I would take over Quinn, and I believe Savage saw that and jumped at the opportunity to get Quinn. You must also remember that going into last season we didnt have an established #1 QB between Frye, Anderson, and the holdout draft pick from Notre Dame.

I say genius and Im glad he's in Cleveland. I will feel even better when Ozzie Newsome is "home" with the Browns as well.

Frye , couch , holcomb. GENIUS

Can the Browns expect Shaun to shine or shame?
by Bud Shaw
Thursday March 06, 2008, 8:07 AM
Only seeing is believing.

"Whatever happens in the past stays in the past," said new Browns defensive lineman Shaun Rogers.

What is this, a commercial for Las Vegas?

Come to think of it, that might be appropriate since this is the one move that looks more and more like a roll of the dice.

The Detroit Lions saw enough of Rogers that they didn't want to give him the raise coming to him. And now the Browns, who haven't been Rogers' employer for even a week, are adding to his wealth with a contract that will guarantee him $20 million.

Continue reading "Can the Browns expect Shaun to shine or shame?" »

Genius

Return to “Pro Sports”