MLB schedule is a disgrace

mvlnewlex
All Conference

MLB schedule is a disgrace

Post by mvlnewlex »

Bringing Arizona into Cincinnati on March 31 ? It could still be snowing in Cincinnati this time of year. Wouldnt the logical choice be to send Cincy to Arizona ?

Cleveland only plays New York twice. Once in April and once in May. WHAT ? The way the American league has been so tight in the standings as of late. and with the wild card playoff set up. Shouldnt these teams be able to play eachother more ?

I support some inner league play. For rivalry games like Cleveland vs Cincinnati or Washington vs Baltimore. Los Angeles Angels vs Los Angeles Dodgers. say 1 weekend a year.

Why does Cleveland play Cincy just as many times as they play New York ? Think about it. Cleveland and New York could be neck and neck in the wild card race in September. they deserve to play eachother 3 or 4 times.

What is the point in bringing San Diego into Cleveland for a weekend in June ? that is a waste of a weekend that could be used for American League play.

Let the American League teams play eachother !

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MLB schedule is a disgrace

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Every year this kind of stuff happens every year.
Baseball scheduler's just don't get it.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Check out the Indians schedule in early June.

look how many games they play in a row without an off day.

:shock:

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

newlexpanthers wrote:Bringing Arizona into Cincinnati on March 31 ? It could still be snowing in Cincinnati this time of year. Wouldnt the logical choice be to send Cincy to Arizona ?

Cleveland only plays New York twice. Once in April and once in May. WHAT ? The way the American league has been so tight in the standings as of late. and with the wild card playoff set up. Shouldnt these teams be able to play eachother more ?

I support some inner league play. For rivalry games like Cleveland vs Cincinnati or Washington vs Baltimore. Los Angeles Angels vs Los Angeles Dodgers. say 1 weekend a year.

Why does Cleveland play Cincy just as many times as they play New York ? Think about it. Cleveland and New York could be neck and neck in the wild card race in September. they deserve to play eachother 3 or 4 times.

What is the point in bringing San Diego into Cleveland for a weekend in June ? that is a waste of a weekend that could be used for American League play.

I see your point on most......but on the Arizona/Cincy thing........IT'S OPENING DAY!!!! Opening Day HAS to be IN Cincy!! It's a freakin holiday there!! :-D :-D

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

RVRaiderFan wrote:
newlexpanthers wrote:Bringing Arizona into Cincinnati on March 31 ? It could still be snowing in Cincinnati this time of year. Wouldnt the logical choice be to send Cincy to Arizona ?

I see your point on most......but on the Arizona/Cincy thing........IT'S OPENING DAY!!!! Opening Day HAS to be IN Cincy!! It's a freakin holiday there!! :-D :-D

From what i have heard, back in the day the only team that would play on opening day were the Reds, and the rest would play the following days.

It's a shame it isn't like that anymore.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

let me clerify,

off course opening day should be in Cincinnati.

but playing Arizona at GABP on March 31 and then going out there later in the summer...it makes little sense.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The schedule has been like this for a long time. The only thing that is unfair is the fact that the small market teams get most of there home games early in the year when its still cold.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Baseball in Japan!!!!!
They could have picked a better date than the first game of the year.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Opening Day in Cincy?...Why?...Because they were the first team?

I dont care...I say either teams with new ballparks (i.e. Washington Nationals) or teams coming off of a World Series win (i.e. Red Sox in Japan) should have Opening Day...

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Oh yeah, and they wouldnt do it in Cincy because they usually suck nowadays

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Baseball is about tradition.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I don't think the scheduling is that bad. Thats just me.

Return to “Pro Sports”