SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Cincinnati Reds 2024

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Reds beat to death today! Sad! :?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:28 pm Possible bad news trenchfoot. Cavs won today and advance to play the bean boyz Tuesday night at 7pm on TNT. Reds are also scheduled to play Arizona on Bally at 7PM. I can't imagine TNT letting them show it but we see what happens. Red legs losing 3-0 already today. :cry:
Them 9:30 games is what I noticed the most with the Reds getting cut off. It's a Tuesday so it's bad news for me anyway. :lol: Angus's owns the remote early week. :lol: One good thing is that Angus likes Skinwalker Ranch on Tuesday's. :)

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Only thing Coaching 🤬

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Can't go no lower than last 👎 terrible

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Reds lose again. 4-3. Ole Bell better be doing something. :?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

7 👎🤔

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, SAD! I bet Bell isn't a happy camper right now. ;)

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I know David Bell has his issues with game management, etc. However, there isn't too much he can do at the moment. We are in a full team slump - I've never seen so many people struggle at once.. no telling what the right answer is to it either.

Last week, we were missing 3 main starters in Stephenson, CES and Fraley however, no IL stints and didn't call anyone up. We essentially played a full week down 3 men, that simply can't happen. To top it off, they're now saying after another look that CES has a fracture in his wrist, dating back to when he was HBP last week, and will miss 4-6 weeks. Not a good look on our medical staff IMO

Like I said, who knows what the answer is, but hopefully it's answered quick - this is a really rough month of games for us to fall off this bad. Do we go out and pursue a quick trade who can provide immediate help? Do we have some sort of sacrifice in the dugout? lol. Just need to figure it out quick and get back on the right track!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:31 am I know David Bell has his issues with game management, etc. However, there isn't too much he can do at the moment. We are in a full team slump - I've never seen so many people struggle at once.. no telling what the right answer is to it either.

Last week, we were missing 3 main starters in Stephenson, CES and Fraley however, no IL stints and didn't call anyone up. We essentially played a full week down 3 men, that simply can't happen. To top it off, they're now saying after another look that CES has a fracture in his wrist, dating back to when he was HBP last week, and will miss 4-6 weeks. Not a good look on our medical staff IMO

Like I said, who knows what the answer is, but hopefully it's answered quick - this is a really rough month of games for us to fall off this bad. Do we go out and pursue a quick trade who can provide immediate help? Do we have some sort of sacrifice in the dugout? lol. Just need to figure it out quick and get back on the right track!!

Here's a thought! Get a lineup and stick with it. Bell coaches like a Little League coach and keeps moving guys around because they had 3 hits the night before. Elly was hitting the ball good from the 6 hole. What does Bell do? Moves him to the 2 hole where he is not as comfortable hitting in that slot and of course now he is struggling.

Friedl hit .364 last year against lefties. Last year Bell, moved him from the leadoff spot to 8th in the righty/lefty matchups. When finally left him in the leadoff spot the rest of the season the Reds started winning games. What does he do last night? Moves Friedl to the 8 hole. He went 2-4 with one of the hits off the lefthander last night

He is a horrible manager!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Agree with ya both. I like Bell. He knows the game well, but some of his decisions, and changing things up too much, I don't agree with. GO REDS!

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:47 am
BigGuy10 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:31 am I know David Bell has his issues with game management, etc. However, there isn't too much he can do at the moment. We are in a full team slump - I've never seen so many people struggle at once.. no telling what the right answer is to it either.

Here's a thought! Get a lineup and stick with it. Bell coaches like a Little League coach and keeps moving guys around because they had 3 hits the night before. Elly was hitting the ball good from the 6 hole. What does Bell do? Moves him to the 2 hole where he is not as comfortable hitting in that slot and of course now he is struggling.

Friedl hit .364 last year against lefties. Last year Bell, moved him from the leadoff spot to 8th in the righty/lefty matchups. When finally left him in the leadoff spot the rest of the season the Reds started winning games. What does he do last night? Moves Friedl to the 8 hole. He went 2-4 with one of the hits off the lefthander last night

I will agree that Friedl needs to be leadoff every game regardless of pitching matchup and I do think eventually that's how it will be. However, if not Elly, who would you want in the 2 hole? Being in that spot means Elly will get more AB and that's a good thing. Ideally it would be Mclain but we can't help injuries

The fact is, we have 5 starters who are currently batting less than .210, 4 of them batting under .200. Bell can only play the guys that is given to him and we continuously send out "bench" players in Maile, Espinal, Fairchild to play everyday and we see why they're bench guys. We need Mclain and Marte back in a bad way. Now with CES out, those guys will continue to be put in the lineup until we go try and make a move

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Do any of you have any prominent names you'd like to go seek out to be our new Skipper? I'm not defending every David Bell move because I have also been frustrated with him at times, but like I said, he can only play the team that is assembled for him.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I to agree 👍 don't understand all the changing up 🤔

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

👎8

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

@ SF Giants next?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Finally a win !!! After dropping 8 straight.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

7:10 today

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:37 pm Do any of you have any prominent names you'd like to go seek out to be our new Skipper? I'm not defending every David Bell move because I have also been frustrated with him at times, but like I said, he can only play the team that is assembled for him.

Barry Larkin!! I think he would be a great fit and would light a fire under these guys. Bell just stands on the rail and is not even hardly arguing anything this year. He's just content with standing there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:35 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:47 am

I will agree that Friedl needs to be leadoff every game regardless of pitching matchup and I do think eventually that's how it will be. However, if not Elly, who would you want in the 2 hole? Being in that spot means Elly will get more AB and that's a good thing. Ideally it would be Mclain but we can't help injuries

The fact is, we have 5 starters who are currently batting less than .210, 4 of them batting under .200. Bell can only play the guys that is given to him and we continuously send out "bench" players in Maile, Espinal, Fairchild to play everyday and we see why they're bench guys. We need Mclain and Marte back in a bad way. Now with CES out, those guys will continue to be put in the lineup until we go try and make a move

You are correct on Elly getting more AB's from the 2 hole and he is starting to get on base, so that is helping. Need a good fastball hitter behind him because when he gets on they can't be throwing off speed junk because he will then walk to first.

I liked the lineup last night. I have no problem batting India 9th. Doesn't matter where you bat you still just need to get on base somehow.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

4:05 start today, It's on Bell, agree 🤔

Return to “Pro Sports”