T.O TO Bengals

farmer
SEOP

Re: T.O TO Bengals

Post by farmer »

Looks like the TO move will not happen will not happen as the Bengals are trying to get Antonio Bryant. If Bryant can play like he did before getting hurt then he will be a better pickup than TO and younger.

Another reason to stay away from TO is that his agent is the same as OC. Super agent Screw Drew Rosenhaus would represent your two best receivers would be another headache.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

No Please no T.O.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

It's official, the Bengals signed Antonio Bryant to a four year deal, doesn't look like T.O. will be in Cincy.

I like this pick and I am with you farmer, if Bryant can get back to playing like he did in '08 then this is a really good pickup for the passing game.

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

Bryant is getting looked at heavily by the Dolphins and Owens already has the approval of the Qb , management, and Chad Johnson so unless he does something stupid he will likely be signed because he doesnt have many options as where to bryant does

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

tigerfan4life, Bryant has already signed with the Bengals. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982988

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The only way now that TO signs with the Bengals will be as a 3 WR and at a discount price. The Bengals still need to draft a WR now they can wait until the 3rd round if needed.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Signing bryant was a big step, They also signed Matt Jones . Passing game looking better. Bengals re signed te coats, But i think they need a good Te in the draft. I think that a better def player will be up before a off player in the draft. Watch the bengals draft def first, again.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Antonio didn't turn out to be the pro we all thought he would be.He needed to stay one more year at Pitt.His Pitt career was awesome! Almost unstopable at times....

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

2trap_4ever wrote:tigerfan4life, Bryant has already signed with the Bengals. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982988

Thank you i was not yet aware of that.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Really thought Coffman would be the TE they needed. I still don't understand the thought process that Brown uses with his personnel choices but it explains alot as to why they can't seem to put it all together. Talent is out there but Brown seems unwilling to pay for it.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

bengals have sighed matt jones,bryant, and cris davis.All of them WR. Brown is spending money,but its on his own team.
Had alot of contracts up . Had to make a deal with tank johnson. Just about to sigh roy williams.
Made a deal with coats TE. Still have to sigh williams ,graham,kelly, and others. Hes trying to keep the afc north champs together. Taking care of his own first. That is smart. he just kept the 4th ranked defense together , and is working on offense. Also paying coach zimmer was a big plus. I here he might be the highest payed asst. coach.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

He should've spent the money to keep TJ and they wouldn't be in this mess at WR. He brings in lesser talent at a lower price and you end up with a team still looking for a superbowl ring. As the rest of the division reloads, that 4th ranked defense will be put to the test....

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

old news false . they were going to pay T.J , but he wanted out. When he left he said i hope bengals dont win another game . He felt he was not getting the ball enough. He blamed coaches.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

ironmen1987 wrote: As the rest of the division reloads, that 4th ranked defense will be put to the test....

And while the rest of the division is doing basically nothing, the Bengals have signed the wide reciever and tight end
positions that they were expected to have to seek out in the draft, and can now bolister the defense in the draft
and add offensive depth when needed.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
ironmen1987 wrote: As the rest of the division reloads, that 4th ranked defense will be put to the test....

And while the rest of the division is doing basically nothing, the Bengals have signed the wide reciever and tight end
positions that they were expected to have to seek out in the draft, and can now bolister the defense in the draft
and add offensive depth when needed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: they signed a wr that nobody wants to keep and that excites you ???

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

They signed Antonio Bryant, who in 2008 was a 1,200+ yard reciever, and had knee issues in 2009.

They were better than the rest of the division in 2008, and have made additions to this point that have maintained that status.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I'm not a Bengals fan so i don't share your feelings that they were the best team in the division (more like the luckiest) and i seriously doubt they win it this season unless Palmer can return to being the player he was before the injuries.

therayn3man
Waterboy

Post by therayn3man »

don't call it luck! thats not fair... i know the atmosphere is to doubt cinci no matter what because you can't go wrong...

but, from one cat fan to annother...I would rather know when cinci is goin to be flat out horrible than ride the roller coaster that is the carolina panthers.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Several victories in the closing minute and they weren't lucky? They were not the same team the last part of the season as the lack of a serious passing game allowed teams to crowd the line and they wore out Benson instead of using their backups. The Bengals lack of a winning mentality starts in the front office and is like a disease spreading to the rest of the league. They don't know how to handle success.

therayn3man
Waterboy

Post by therayn3man »

benson was out two games preceeding the playoffs, so we didnt burden benson late...he wasnt injured. they were resting him....the bengals boasted 3 100 yard rushers and we dont know how to use backups? the franchise is in the cellar because of bad drafting decisions. (17 of the players drafted by the bengals in the last 5 years are no longer even in the league)... we still have a solid and very young defense that was ranked 4th last year, and are moving around in the FA to settle in on a solid recieving core and drafting a TE at 21 in april. and brenard scott is the next darren sproles...probably even better...

Return to “Pro Sports”