Quinn or Anderson?

ace63
SE

Re: Quinn or Anderson?

Post by ace63 »

I did see vinny on the free agent list. could have saved a lot more with him. ;-)

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

THATS GOOD ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I DON'T SEE QUINN AS A STARTER IN THE NFL. I REALLY DON'T . :122246

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Based on what Tiger Bait ?. Please do not say he didn't win a big game ay ND, because I then am going to ask you how many big games Eli Manning won at Ole Miss. How many big games did Brett Favre play in at So. Miss. let alone win. Let's give Quinn a shot before we announce him a failure and look foolish doing so. Take care of your Pappy, YTB

Joe Strummer
Freshman Team

Post by Joe Strummer »

Agree Quinn can be very good in the NFL, but not all of Favre's college games were dogs. So. Miss defeated Alabama and Auburn and lost to Georgia by 1 during his senior season.

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

IMO Brady Quinn will not be very good in the NFL yes he had good college stats but he never won the BIG game he went 0-4 in bowl games 1-4 against Michigan and never beat U$C either and some will argue that he didnt have talent around him which is bull ND had talent he had a pretty good receiver his senior year in Jeff Samardzija a good OL and a pretty good TB who made a poor decesion in leaving early in Darius Walker and the Defense was pretty good as well.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

HEY , Vinny is still open !!! Time to grab him . Save lots of money !!!!! He could be the browns qb again .

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

ace63 wrote:HEY , Vinny is still open !!! Time to grab him . Save lots of money !!!!! He could be the browns qb again .

Hey Ace, I think David Klingler and Akili Smith are still available... maybe you guys can get one of them to take over for Palmer!! I also heard that all the U-Haul's in Ohio are unavailable because as many Bengals players are getting out of town fast. Or we could talk about how all police officers that the Bengals alone keep busy on the weekends... etc.

So drop the Vinny stuff cuz it's getting old and boring. We have Anderson and Quinn so I'm not too worried. Good luck to Bengals next year!

Also I hear Don King is looking for new agents... maybe Chad Johnson or Coach Lewis can sign up or get an organized fight together between them... oh wait that already happened so maybe we can get a rematch together...

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Sorry i was just having fun. sorry you didnt see it that way . I guess i could talk about kevin mack selling drugs to kids or dugans beating his girilfriend or that other brown who just came back from that little drug problem, but i chose not too.
Also that little problem the fans have of throwing beer bottles at other players , which got rid of bottled beer at games . or the fact that they have never been to a superbowl. Or have 2 afc championship thropys. What have they done in the last 40 years ? Than you cant campare the bengals to them in the 40s and 50s because they didnt have a team then . So if you want to talk police records the closet is full on every team .
And if you joke about klinger thats fine , he dseveres it.

Maybe you can get don king to get your qb and winslow to fight . No wait they have already done that.

The browns are looking better and will have a good team . There fan justs need to lighten up.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Ace - I'm down with you having fun and I'm not saying that the Browns haven't had their issues as well, but it didn't seem to me that you were just having "fun". Maybe it was the Bengals helmet or whatever it was, it seemed like you were making fun of our team. Cleveland has loyal fans who continue to root no matter how long it has been. Cincy and Cleveland have taken their fair share of pun and being made fun of. Whether it's the Clowns or the Bungles, I'm still gonna root for the Browns and if the Bengals do well at least it stays in Ohio. I was simply standing up for my team that's all, I'm not angry... yet anyway! 8)

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

you spend your money on a young player and dont give him time.? you have to get him experience he'll be better in the long run, I'd go Quinn

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Ace - I'm down with you having fun and I'm not saying that the Browns haven't had their issues as well, but it didn't seem to me that you were just having "fun". Maybe it was the Bengals helmet or whatever it was, it seemed like you were making fun of our team. Cleveland has loyal fans who continue to root no matter how long it has been. Cincy and Cleveland have taken their fair share of pun and being made fun of. Whether it's the Clowns or the Bungles, I'm still gonna root for the Browns and if the Bengals do well at least it stays in Ohio. I was simply standing up for my team that's all, I'm not angry... yet anyway! 8)

Its good to stand up for your team. Now you made me say some things i didnt want to say and made gahs put a whole paragraph up there again :122245 He was the one i like joking too and he is a browns fan .
I have a bengals helmet because thats my team . But that doesnt mean we cant have fun on here. Yea some push it pretty hard . But you have to now which ones they are . And im not angry yet ethier.
:lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...I think Browns fans will "lighten up" when supposed knowledgeable NFL fans will admit that there is no difference whatsoever between the Super Bowl championship and the four NFL championships the Browns won; regardless of how long ago it was.

The only "true" Super Bowls were the first three that were played between champions of the rival pro leagues in existence at the time; the NFL and the AFL. When the AFL was absorbed into the NFL and formed the AFC of the NFL, there were no more rival leagues and the Super Bowl was nothing more or less than the NFL championship game again.

Now had the NFL failed and been forced to merge the other way around, I could see the difference, and the Super Bowl championship would now be a continuation of the old AFL championship game, but it didnt work that way.

There is only the NFL now, and the New York Giants are NFL champions; the same championship that the Browns last won in 1964. That the league is bigger now is not relevant because back in those days all pro sports leagues were smaller as well. Eight teams in the American and National baseball leagues for example as well as eight in the NHL. Their championships havent changed, even though their playoff formats have gotten larger, and the NFL championship hasnt changed either.

BYW...it is very arrogant to call our champions "World Champions;" especially since there was at one time the USFL and there still is the CFL. Arrogant in thinking that no one dare call themselve equal to the NFL. The NFL said the same thing when the Browns joined the league in 1950 after winning the AAFC four straight years. All the Browns did was beat the defending NFL champions in their first ever NFL game and then go on to win the league championship the same year.

Sorry i was pushed ;-)

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

But once the season starts , its back to lunch again :lol: :lol: :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...I think Browns fans will "lighten up" when supposed knowledgeable NFL fans will admit that there is no difference whatsoever between the Super Bowl championship and the four NFL championships the Browns won; regardless of how long ago it was.

The only "true" Super Bowls were the first three that were played between champions of the rival pro leagues in existence at the time; the NFL and the AFL. When the AFL was absorbed into the NFL and formed the AFC of the NFL, there were no more rival leagues and the Super Bowl was nothing more or less than the NFL championship game again.

Now had the NFL failed and been forced to merge the other way around, I could see the difference, and the Super Bowl championship would now be a continuation of the old AFL championship game, but it didnt work that way.

There is only the NFL now, and the New York Giants are NFL champions; the same championship that the Browns last won in 1964. That the league is bigger now is not relevant because back in those days all pro sports leagues were smaller as well. Eight teams in the American and National baseball leagues for example as well as eight in the NHL. Their championships havent changed, even though their playoff formats have gotten larger, and the NFL championship hasnt changed either.

BYW...it is very arrogant to call our champions "World Champions;" especially since there was at one time the USFL and there still is the CFL. Arrogant in thinking that no one dare call themselve equal to the NFL. The NFL said the same thing when the Browns joined the league in 1950 after winning the AAFC four straight years. All the Browns did was beat the defending NFL champions in their first ever NFL game and then go on to win the league championship the same year.

BTY That was browns fan not fans . ;-)

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

If someone throws 32 knifes at you or 8 . Which is easier to dodge . They are two really differt things .
Its like camparing a hill to a mountain . The mountain is harder to climb. But when you get to the mountain , you can say i was one of 2 to be the best this year. PRICLESS.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Got ya to write another paragraph :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My poem is . If you want to see 2 afc championship throphys the road is south not north . What have we done in the last 40 years and what have you done ? I expect another paragraph . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I guess since you never been a runner up in the super bowl ,you dont know what it feels like. :shock:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

We need a new topic . You can start it .

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

ace63 wrote:I guess since you never been a runner up in the super bowl ,you dont know what it feels like. :shock:

yeah but atleast Cinci made it there...frickin John Elway and "The Drive" screwed us over

Return to “Pro Sports”