Can I be a Bengals and Browns fan at the same time ?

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

[quote="crazee-oakaholic"]No thats like liking Ohio State and Michigan![/quote]

LOL..VERY TRUE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Man, you must reallly love losing. Bengals and Browns fan ????...Wow...thats lame.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

How are your Falcons doing this year bud ?

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

FalconFan wrote:Man, you must reallly love losing. Bengals and Browns fan ????...Wow...thats lame.

been to any dog fights latley ?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

thats funny you should mention that boys, My son go's to bowling green in ohio and I live here in Atlanta. So, that would explain my name because Bowling Green is nicknamed the falcons. I hail from Portsmouth and was raised a Steelers fan. I have been with them through the good times and the bad. So, I am not a Atlanta Falcons fan, but a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Although, this city is really down right now because of how bad the falcons are. They really love their football down here.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Cleveland who?

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

mattash wrote:Cleveland who?

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS! The team from Ohio that is winning and has a chance of going to the playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

I am a fan of both teams solely because they are both from OHIO!.

Although,,,when it comes to a Browns/Bengals matchup....this is the only time its worth rooting for any team from UP NORTH!

86grad
Riding the Bench

Post by 86grad »

Good question newlex. When I grew up as a child, I rooted for both teams; however, when they played each other, I rooted for the Bengals, and my sister cheered for the Browns. We are both them same today, nearly thirty years removed from childhood.

When I went off to college and met up with kids from Cleveland, they said,"There is no way you cheer for both teams." Well, believe it or not newlex, I hope like heck the Browns do well, and find a way to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. Now there is a team I truly detest.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NO WAY. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by All-AmericanBalla »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:No thats like liking Ohio State and Michigan!

FO REAL

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

not a big fan for either but wen they play ima go with who dey !!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

gahs4ever wrote:To longtime Browns fans, the Bengals have never been our chief rivals and never will be. It will always be Pittsburgh, and the youngsters on here are too young to remember when the Browns owned the Steelers so badly, that it has taken the last 35 years of Steeler excellence to finally forge a 2 game lead in the all time series.

That said, since there were no Bengals when I was a kid, I naturally gravitated to the only Ohio team, the Browns. When the Bengals started up, I tried to follow both teams with the bottom line being the Browns #1. My idea of a perfect season was the Browns 16-0, the Bengals 14-2 and the Browns beating the Bengals in the AFC championship game.

Then I started working in a factory, and the hatred Bengals fans had for Browns simply wouldnt allow anyone to root for both teams. Given the ultimatum, it was a no brainer, and I hate the Bengals almost as much as the Steelers now.

Thank the idiot Bengal fans at Merillat in Jackson for pushing me over the edge.
5 Super Bowl rings during that span too...

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Headed to the game this weekend and can't wait!

I really don't see how you could be a fan of both, but to each his own I guess.

I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland and have many friends there. If you went to Cleveland and asked the rivalry question, the answer would almost always be the Steelers. Personally, I've always seen the Steelers as a bigger rival than the Bengals.

For those that do see the Bengals as a bigger rival, I doubt its because Cleveland fans are jealous of their two superbowl appearances. If we were going to be jealous of a team for superbowl appearances I think the Steelers have that one wrapped up.

Here we go Brownies, here we go!
Last edited by jumpman on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

jumpman wrote:Headed to the game this weekend and can't wait!

I really don't see how you could be a fan of both, but to each his own I guess.

I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland and have many friends there. If you went to Cleveland and asked the rivalry question, the answer would almost always be the Steelers. Personally, I've always seen the Steelers as a bigger rival than the Bengals.

For those that do see the Bengals as a bigger rival, I doubt its because Cleveland fans are jealous of their two superbowl appearances. Please, if we were going to be jealous of a team for superbowl appearances I think the Steelers have that on wrapped up.

Here we go Brownies, here we go!

iT MIGHT GET COLD . Every year i always go to that game . but not this year. have fun. Its the best game to go to i think. WHO-DEY
Wacth for some changes in bengals running game . It could prove very good . dd and watson.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

I'm pretty excited. I haven't been to a Browns/Bengals game in about 4 or 5 years.

The weather says there's a 50% chance of snow/rain, depending on the temp. I'm hoping for snow, I'd rather it be 30 degrees with snow than 40 degrees and rain.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

who are you rooting for. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Pro Sports”