Can I be a Bengals and Browns fan at the same time ?

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

I know in most cases this seems twisted. But I think for a certain generation alive right now, we have a pass to do so.

I was a passionate Browns fan as a kid. I was born in 86. I never got to see the heart break of the 1980s. I sure loved the Browns. I would watch them every Sunday with my grandfather. I was totally heartbroken in 1995 with the move to Baltimore. It cut so deep.

In the years that followed. I starting following the Cincinnati Bengals. I attended my first NFL game in person at Cinergy Field in 1998. I have been to 4. 2 at the new stadium. I became a passionate Cincinnati Bengals fan.

When the Browns came back. It just didnt feel the same. It was weird. At a very impressionable time in my life, all I had was Cincinnati.

This year. I have watched a few Browns games. And what can I say. I am pulling for the Browns. I get a good feeling when they win. I think in my heart, im still a Browns fan. although I still love the Bengals

I ask you. Am I genuine fan ? LOL

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

No thats like liking Ohio State and Michigan!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

What i have seem is that more bengal fans can like both. But browns fans hate cinci more than anything . I think its because they are both in ohio and it pisses the browns fans that bengals have had a team only since 1968 and have been to 2 super bowls. The browns have had a team years longer and have never been there . It dont bother me that much . But i really dont like the loud mouth fans who just keep running there mouth and saying nothing. Action has always ment more to me than words . I guess it is easy to do when you hide behind a p.c.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

It has not been like Ohio State vs Michigan in my lifetime.

The average Cleveland-Cincy game in my lifetime has been a lousy contest that is only viewed regionally by 5% of the country. Now, I hate Pittsburgh with a passion.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

newlexpanthers wrote:It has not been like Ohio State vs Michigan in my lifetime.

The average Cleveland-Cincy game in my lifetime has been a lousy contest that is only viewed regionally by 5% of the country. Now, I hate Pittsburgh with a passion.

Why do you hate the Steelers with a passion? Is it because the Steelers own the Browns? ;-)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

NO YOU CAN'T BE A BENGALS AND BROWNS FAN at the same time wow thats like wanting to be a fan of ohio state and michigan wv and marshal ironton and rockhill wellston and jackson just some thangs you dont see much in life my freind..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

I guess I am having an ID crisis. serious confusion about my fanhood. LOL

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.......I HATE THE BROWNS FOR WHAT THEY DID TO PAUL BROWN........PLAIN AND SIMPLE......END OF STORY

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Do you know what cuts me deep. Art Modell was not some Mark Cuban style primmadonna who bought out the Browns one year and decided to move them to Baltimore the next.

The man was in Cleveland for years. Since the 50s and 60s. He knew what the Browns meant to Ohio. He knew they were just as important as the Buckeyes to many Ohioans.

Creep

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Certain people maybe, But not this Browns fan!!!!!!

There is NO-WAY i could be a Bungal fan.

Go Brownies

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Pittsburgh is a bigger rival to us, but this is a bengals browns topic and the bengals fall right in there behind pittsburgh..GO BROWNS..ace63 thanks for the smile!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I say be a fan of which ever teams you want and the blank with what others say. 8)

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:Pittsburgh is a bigger rival to us, but this is a bengals browns topic and the bengals fall right in there behind pittsburgh..GO BROWNS..ace63 thanks for the smile!

:-D
I dont know where your from , but the browns fans around here would rather beat the bengals anyday than the steelers . :-D

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Pittsburgh is our biggest rival..you guys are 2nd..must be a browns fan to know that! But we do hate the bengals a lot too

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

A liitle info from years past , per espn. When the browns lost there team .
No 1 was browns fans upset and no 2 the had more letters from bengal fans than any one else complaining that the browns lost there team .
There are thousands of browns ,bengal parties . Thats because it was the most watch games every year . Yes bengal fans like beating browns as much as they like beating us . Something was lost ,when they lost there team. Im older and father of 2 and i haver never heard a browns fan say he would rather beat pitt than cinci. Pitt maybe a rival . But not the team you want to beat the most. I have seem many browns fans call off sick from work because there get so upset when the bengals beat them . Pitt never bothered them that bad.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

You must not get out much if you havent heard that. Look 2 people have already said it on this thread. Thats twice you have heard it now. And there is MANY others who think that!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I can take up town to 1 bar and 100 will say your wrong . and that is just one bar . You must leave your front yard to find out what people think.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Of course i am talking athens ,nelsonville ,jackson, mareitta, lancaster,wellston area.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

ace63 wrote:What i have seem is that more bengal fans can like both. But browns fans hate cinci more than anything . I think its because they are both in ohio and it pisses the browns fans that bengals have had a team only since 1968 and have been to 2 super bowls. The browns have had a team years longer and have never been there . It dont bother me that much . But i really dont like the loud mouth fans who just keep running there mouth and saying nothing. Action has always ment more to me than words . I guess it is easy to do when you hide behind a p.c.

WOW :shock: Ace, Browns fans are supporting their team, just like Bengal fans support them. Yes we have not been to a Super Bowl but we have been to games that were equivalent to the Super Bowl. Yes that is way back before you and I were probably ever thought of, but it is part of our team's history just as the Bengals 2 trips to the Super Bowl, even though they didn't win, are part of theirs. I don't hate the Bengals but I don't love them either. I do root for them on occassion. I hate it that they are not doing as well this season because as a Browns fan I know that feeling all to well. We are just proud of our team as I am sure you are proud of your Bengals.

I will say that I think Pittsburg is our rival. Good luck to the Bengals the rest of the season until you meet up with Browns :lol:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Rhiannon wrote:
ace63 wrote:What i have seem is that more bengal fans can like both. But browns fans hate cinci more than anything . I think its because they are both in ohio and it pisses the browns fans that bengals have had a team only since 1968 and have been to 2 super bowls. The browns have had a team years longer and have never been there . It dont bother me that much . But i really dont like the loud mouth fans who just keep running there mouth and saying nothing. Action has always ment more to me than words . I guess it is easy to do when you hide behind a p.c.

WOW :shock: Ace, Browns fans are supporting their team, just like Bengal fans support them. Yes we have not been to a Super Bowl but we have been to games that were equivalent to the Super Bowl. Yes that is way back before you and I were probably ever thought of, but it is part of our team's history just as the Bengals 2 trips to the Super Bowl, even though they didn't win, are part of theirs. I don't hate the Bengals but I don't love them either. I do root for them on occassion. I hate it that they are not doing as well this season because as a Browns fan I know that feeling all to well. We are just proud of our team as I am sure you are proud of your Bengals.

I will say that I think Pittsburg is our rival. Good luck to the Bengals the rest of the season until you meet up with Browns :lol:

Just talking about a few fans NOT ALL. cant compare past browns to bengals because they didnt have a team than. As i said i dont hate the browns just some remarks addressed toward them and there fans .
My brother and god rest his soul my father were die hard browns fans . Like i said i dont care . I hope clevland gets in the playoffs (past due)
Just letting what i have heard from browns fans that told me why they hate the bengals . hard to be honest

Return to “Pro Sports”