No Browns on WOWK 13

Layne99L
Freshman Team

No Browns on WOWK 13

Post by Layne99L »

Anybody know what's up with WOWK 13 not showing the Browns but 2 times (all against Pittsburgh) this season? I'm not saying they should show the Browns every week, but the Browns are a good team and should be shown when they play good teams. For example, they should have shown the Browns and Texans today as opposed to the Bengals and Titans. They didn't even show the Browns and Bengals game earlier in the year, they showed the Steelers and Ravens.

We all know that WOWK 13 shows the Steelers every week and if the Steelers have a primetime game or a FOX game, they will show the Bengals. Doesn't matter who the Steelers play, they will always show them. I wouldn't mind them only showing the Browns 3-4 times a year if they wouldn't show Pittsburgh every week.

But I have a right to choose which game I want to watch, and that's why I've only watched a CBS games two times this season and those were both Browns and Steelers games. I'll watch the FOX game.

I know the best thing to do is get the Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket Deal. But I don't think that Browns fans in southern Ohio (who don't get the channel 10 CBS, like they do in Ironton) should be forced to pay all that extra money to see our team more than 3-4 times a year.

Rocky Top Raceway, Coal Grove, Ohio-www.rockytopracewayinc.com
Jesus Saves!!!
Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

We have Time Warner and it was on Channel 18 today. Same channel it was on last week. I agree they should show both teams but not one all the time. If the Bengals where in the hunt for the playoffs they should be shown but heck the Browns are doing quite well, should be 9-2 instead of 7-4 if some breaks would have went our way, but still we are in the hunt for the playoffs and fans down in southern Ohio should be able to watch them.

Browns won and that is all that matters. But it would be nice to see more of them on the TV

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

WOWK is in a very tough position. CBS assigns them the game to carry. Channel 13 can give them a suggestion, but CBS makes the final call.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

This is from WBNS 10 TV.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=stationinforma ... 60088.html

I assume it is the same with all CBS affiliates.

Q: HOW DOES WBNS-10TV CHOOSE WHICH GAMES WILL AIR?
A: Ultimately the decision is up to CBS Sports and the NFL. However, WBNS-10TV can request a game change once an assignment is made. The main factor we use to choose the games is what the potential number of viewers are for a given game. We track this through overnight ratings throughout the season.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Get Directv Sunday Ticket. If you enjoy football and your favorite team isn't on cable very often, you'll get your money's worth.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

I got sunday ticket but i agree it is BS that they show the Steelers every single week......not EVERY1 in this area are Steelers fans....these ppl need to wake up.....id rather see em show the Bengals every week......who cares.....GO BROWNS!!!!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EXCUSE THE NETWORKS WOULD SAY IF THERE WASNT A SALE OUT THEY DO NOT BROADCAST . Opps caps are on.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Either way. it is a mess.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

gahs4ever wrote:They broadcast ALL games sell out or not. The only thing sell outs apply to is local broadcasting of local games; local being defined as something like 75-100 miles I think.

If it was based on sell outs, the Bengals would seldom be on TV

R u sure? I was thinking that the Bengals have had several sellouts in a row? Not sure, but I thought they did? :?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I guess we have to beg to not get the Bengals. I have had about all of the self proclaiming that I can take. Is it time to pull the plug on Chad and Marvin. Heck on the openning kick off one of the cover guys makes a play and then heads towards the stands in the endzone to be noticed. I am just sick and tired of watching this. Would rather watch a jr. high game as the Bengals anymore! Guess I will be watching 11 the rest of the way on Sunday that is unless the Bengals are on there!

Please give us the Browns and Steelers! 8)

Layne99L
Freshman Team

Post by Layne99L »

This is just a guess, but I'm gonna say one player, and that is kicker Phil Dawson.

Rocky Top Raceway, Coal Grove, Ohio-www.rockytopracewayinc.com
Jesus Saves!!!
ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

well the bengals play sunday night with pitt , so they wont be on at 1:00.
they will have to show cleveland.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bengals has sold out every game the past three seasons. You have to get on a waiting list now for tickets.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I thought they were sold out too.

Return to “Pro Sports”