Cleveland Browns QB Situation

Who should be the Browns' Franchise QB?

Total votes: 0

gh123
JV Team

Cleveland Browns QB Situation

Post by gh123 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3188401

I know theres already another thread about this, but...I just read on ESPN.com that they are now planning on extending Derek Anderson. I think they just need to make up their mind because last week he was trade bait. The article also said they plan on keeping both Anderson, and Quinn for next year. Should they keep the one year sensation--or test an unproven 'rookie'. By trading one, they could get the 1st draft pick they lost or some defense, yet they want both. Your thoughts?

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

That would be the smart move.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

The Browns definately knew what they were doing when they drafted Joe Thomas. I'm glad he made the pro-bowl because he CLEARLY deserved it.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Brady Quinn has to because if he dosent well he is the new Aaron Rodgers.

Too much money into him and let him go to waste then say the next season they try to make him the franchise qb in his third season and then hes isnt ready and he becomes a bust and is a backup the rest of his career.

thats just the worst possibly case

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Would have liked to have seen Quinn play more this past year

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

I'm just afraid that Anderson might have been a one hit wonder.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Which ever qb leads this team they go into the season knowing the playoffs are not going to happen again.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Which ever qb leads this team they go into the season knowing the playoffs are not going to happen again.

Geesh why do you keep worrying about the Browns? You should be worrying about your 12 pro boweler team that just got beat....

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Rhiannon wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Which ever qb leads this team they go into the season knowing the playoffs are not going to happen again.

Geesh why do you keep worrying about the Browns? You should be worrying about your 12 pro boweler team that just got beat....
Nothing for me to worry about they played like the Browns today and got what they deserved but, they will be back unlike the Clowns. :lol:
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

You are something else. I will take the Browns anyday over the drama girls. You had the team and you couldn't get it done.... The Browns are never picked to do anything unlike your girls...

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Browns have 2 QB's which is needed in the NFL if they do decide to deal DA then they will need to find another backup QB. They should have been evaluating this situation all season to judge what both can do. Even though Quinn does not have the NFL game experience he is a smart coachable QB.
No matter which one is the coach keeping a good line is going to only help the team. It would be great if they could pick up a good RB to compliment Lewis. This is a team that will have a tougher schedule because of the record and now they will have to show they deserve to stay there.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I understood offering DA a high tender in Rest. Free Agency to recoup the first rounder you traded away to get BQ. What puzzles me is now you are going to have two highly paid QB's on a team that obviously needs a ton of help in the front seven on D. As posted earlier DA had a knack for throwing INT's in college and from what I have seen not much has changed since his so called emergence in the NFL. Play the guy that you drafted to be the starter and recoup your draft picks while you can is the smart move here, play DA against tougher competition next year and the Browns run the risk of destroying the trade leverage they have now. Then you are stuck with a high priced backup that has a long term deal. Somebody please deliver that smack to the back of Savage's head that my mom used to give me when I did something stupid.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

91Buckeye wrote:I understood offering DA a high tender in Rest. Free Agency to recoup the first rounder you traded away to get BQ. What puzzles me is now you are going to have two highly paid QB's on a team that obviously needs a ton of help in the front seven on D. As posted earlier DA had a knack for throwing INT's in college and from what I have seen not much has changed since his so called emergence in the NFL. Play the guy that you drafted to be the starter and recoup your draft picks while you can is the smart move here, play DA against tougher competition next year and the Browns run the risk of destroying the trade leverage they have now. Then you are stuck with a high priced backup that has a long term deal. Somebody please deliver that smack to the back of Savage's head that my mom used to give me when I did something stupid.

you do make alot of sense. and that will probley happen .

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Brady, Brady, Brady

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

i agree--trade DA while he still has value. but who knows--the browns do have a pretty good history with getting the crap end of the stick.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Trade Brady, trade Brady.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

NO

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Just saw in dispatch that the browns and DA are far apart on wanting to sigh him . Browns want 3 year deal and DA , wants 5 year deal . There looking at what dallas qb got 67 mill and DA wants near that . They have till feb 29th to make a deal . Of course browns can match any offer given to him .

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

if he signs somewhere else, the browns get a 1st and a 3rd right? thats at least what i heard somewhere

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Only if they can make a deal with another team . they donot want that .
If he leaves free agent , browns can match offer. If not he leaves and they get nothing.

Return to “Pro Sports”