Best UFC Fighter...

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Best UFC Fighter...

Post by bigtimehitter »

Ok, was watchin some old UFC clips and has me wondering, all weight classes included, who his the best?? I know alot will probably say Cotoure,.....but who is?

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I remember watching Tank Abbot cheese grating a dudes face on the chain link in the ultamate ultimate ppv. Loved the great joy in his eyes as his opponent lost little pieces of face. :razz:

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
~Patrick Henry
bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Tank Abbot was a BEAST, just a huge crazy street fighter. What was this on?? ^^^^^ the grinding face on fence thing??

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

It was the ultimate ultimate, a ppv tournament. The guys had to fight more than one time. It was brutal to say the least. I think Dan Sevren won it. The tank ran out of gas on the 3rd fight and got whooped.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
~Patrick Henry
bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Tank Abbot running out of gas, wow, didn't see that coming. :shock:

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

In my opinion the person who will be the best some day is Kimbo Slice. The man is just frightening!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

EEEhh I dunno, Yes he hits hard, but he's got no ground game. I've seen a few of his fights on youtube and his "posse" always negotiate no ground fighting.

~Patrick Henry
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Kimbo Slice wouldn't last in the UFC. He's trained for straight street fights against un-trained fighters. Pound for pound fighter would be in my opinion GSP

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Kimbo and Tank would'nt last a round with todays fighters. No ground game. I hate to break the news to ya but the UFC is'nt about brawling. Anderson Sylvia is the best right now . Beat my man Rich badly twice. GSP is a great fighter but my gosh Matt Serra ? I was hoping sooo insanely bad for Matt Hughes to tap out Matt Serra.

BTW the fight night last night was weak ---no many good fights at all. The Feb 2nd card on PPV looks sweet however. Hopefully Brock Lesnar will get demolished , he may not great wrestling background. But the last thing this sport needs is the goons from the WWE hanging around. I know I know it all about the $$$$$$. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

I dunno, I've watched alot of fights where there wasn't much ground game involved. But, that's the good thing about UFC alot of the fighters vary in their styles.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

mattash wrote:Kimbo Slice wouldn't last in the UFC. He's trained for straight street fights against un-trained fighters. Pound for pound fighter would be in my opinion GSP

I was thinking and getting ready to say the exact same thing. St. Pierre is crazy tough. extremely quick with nice striking, just a very good athlete. Roger Huarte is also a tough one. Can take some serious blows.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Its hard to say who is the best fighter in the UFC because of all the different fighting techinques. One fighter though has to get some credit and that is Royce Gracie he basically implemented cross training and helped bring the UFC from a bunch of brawlers to highly trained and athletes.
If we wanna go into the whole MMA right now the best fighter is Fedor. This man is a freaking beast.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

^^^^^ I second Gracie, I would love to see him in his prime against todays UFC Fighters. I think he could beat most of them.
Matt Huges is pretty Tough , Well at least he was :lol:

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I vote for Gracie also.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Royce Gracie best ever but he wasn't even the best Gracie.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Fedor is the best ever.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Until Fedor whips ol man Coulture I'll hold judgement. He needs to prove it somewhere other than Pride, and this new org is a step in the positive direction. BUT pride studs have not done so well in the UFC (Cro cop --Wandy , a few others.) Tough dude for sure , but it would'nt hurt him to have some legit fights. Who has he beat the last 2 years ? MD

Chieftain_Wrestler2010
Waterboy

Post by Chieftain_Wrestler2010 »

Hands down Ken Schamrock has had the best carrer in the UFC overall... and the best mordern fighter is defently Quinton (rampage) Jackson!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Coulture retired.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Coulture retired.
quit the UFC , but is waiting to fight in the newly formed Xelite or some alphabet soup org . The same signed Fedor so eventually they will set a date for that fight. Once UFC's lawsuit and contract issues have been played out in/out of court. randy left with 1 or 2 fights left on his contract. The Fedor fight is the only one left that Couture desires. Hope he KO's the big Russian and retires ! MD

Return to “Pro Sports”