Pro Wrestlings Ric Flair Bids Farewell

Runner
SEO

Pro Wrestlings Ric Flair Bids Farewell

Post by Runner »

The best part of Raw I have seen in ages happened tonight at the close of the show.

It was great to see HHH introduce all of the former wrestlers (Four Horsemen plus JJ Dillon) in the ring once again. First time since 1988 they have been together in the ring.

Others were Harley Race and Ricky Steamboat...Two of the guys Ric battled to many time limits matches. Also in attendence was Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, who I am sure was representing his father Johnny Valentine who was in the plane crash in the mid 70's with Flair.

The moment was topped off by HBK and Flair embracing for the longest period of time. They seemed to joke around a bit with each other but it was hard to tell what was being said. Several times they laughed together.

The entire rosters of Raw, ECW and Smackdown including the referees came out the last couple of minutes and all of them chanted "Thank You Ric" for about a minute before the crowd got involved in the chant.

I liked what Dusty Rhodes said earlier in the show about how people toss the words "Legend" and "Icon" around to loosely in their sport. Then he looked and smiled into the camera and called "The Nature Boy" a "National Treasure".

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pro Wrestlings Ric Flair Bids Farewell

Post by Tigercannon71 »

That was awesome last night. I havent teared up like that since the Buckeyes won the title. A couple of people were missing last night though. Taker wasnt there and the one that should have been there even though he is under contract to TNA was Sting. In its heydey Sting and Flair was WCW. I remember the last Nitro and Sting and Flair wrestled.

That was a great send off for the greatest of all time.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I just read on another site that Taker and Vince came out after the cameras stopped rolling and celebrated with Ric.

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

this was the single greatest raw moment. it was beatifully done. i would have loved for sting to be there to, but my favorite part had to be when the raw/smackdown/ecw guys came out. this just proves that even though there are "bad guys" in wrestling, they know ric flair is the very best.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

My wife walked in the living room and I thought I had gotten maced.
Whats next for Ric acting..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

grizzly
Freshman Team

Post by grizzly »

ItownHosscat wrote:My wife walked in the living room and I thought I had gotten maced.
Whats next for Ric acting..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

reports say that he will stay with WWE as an agent of some type.

LegendKiller1989
Freshman Team

Post by LegendKiller1989 »

It was a very great moment and I shed a tear but I think if he is gonna come back he should be GM of Smackdown.

Return to “Pro Sports”