KIMBO!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: KIMBO!!!

Post by Tartanblue »

Run & Gun wrote:The man eats babies.... period!! He is an animal.. Nobody will beat the dude

Kimbo pretty much got his.....beat tonight. The guy he faced tonight made him look stupid for the most part and gave EVERYONE a blue print on how to beat him, if he didn't get lucky and bust that guys ear in which I thought was called too early he would have lost if it came to the card. But you could tell they wanted him to win in the first round when they stood them for "not doing work" when Kimbo was on the ground being punched on. Can't let your "superstar" lose early on in his MMA career

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

If their "main guy" lost the company would have been in a free fall after the way they hyped him. However the best two fights were the girls fight and the Lawler fight...they need to build on those two fights not Kimbo. I thought the girls fight was going to steal the show and then Lawler had his fight which would have stole the show and should be the Main Event if it wasn't called for the eye poke by the doctor...in which they said they give them 5 minutes to recover and when he asked for it they never gave it to him...IMO they called it to build a PPV rematch.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I thought the last two fight were set up for a rematch. Look at the money they willl make from it. Scott Smith was going to win the belt if the ref never stoped that fight , then the same thingin the next fight. The owners and promotors of that have to be licking there chops today.

Jester
Waterboy

Post by Jester »

Lawler- Smith will definitely be a rematch.

But Slice on the other hand, Slice puts EliteXC in a bad position. They brought in Thompson for Slice to knock out. Thompson has a glass jaw, and they thought Slice would be able to knock him out easily. Instead, Kimbo was completely exposed. They are betting the house on Slice when they actually have a lot of good fighters on their roster. Now, they have to be careful who the bring in to fight Slice. They can't bring in someone with decent ground game, but those are the people who will be lining up to fight him. Slice- Lesnar was the fight everyone was screaming for, but forget that now. Lesnar would ground and pound and probably win in the first. EliteXC shouldn't have billed Slice as their main fighter, because he isn't. They have lots of good fighters, he isn't one of them.

If anyone is interested in seeing a fighter, tune into VS. tonight at 9 and watch Uriah Faber defend his title again.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I watched that Elite XC on CBS just to see Kimbo. Yeah he landed some bombs, but his ground game sucked and he was pretty winded. He would get destroyed by someone in the UFC. Usually when you lay on the mat and get hit for a minute and a half without moving they stop the fight. Lesnar would crush him.

As for the other fights the girls fight was awesome and the Smith Lawler fight was getting really good before they stopped it. This Elite XC is like TNA to the UFC's WWE.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

http://videos.proelite.com/stuff/video/ ... _and_Kimbo

Check this out the post fight press conference. Rodgers calls out Kimbo asking if he tapped at one point.

http://www.mmatko.com/kimbo-tapping-vid ... #more-1542

I think this is what he is talking about. When I was watching it live I thought he was tapping.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This was a fixed fight. Everyone can see he tapped out but this organization wanted and needed him to wim.

Welcome to the new WWE. :shock:

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Kimbo can punch and take a punch but he will not go far until he can take it to the ground and survive.

Logangrad88
Waterboy

Post by Logangrad88 »

i think he would look good in prison blues

Fox40
Riding the Bench

Post by Fox40 »

Cage fighting coming to Portsmouth High School "Old Gym" Saturday July 2nd. Tickets on sale at all Speedee Marts, JJ's 140 Carryout, Portsmouth High School Athletic Office, Damon's and Crazy Coo Fireworks...and other locations. Or on the Website: www.ultimatevictorychallenge.org

This is the largest Cage fighting event ever in this area! Check the website for all the info!

Return to “Pro Sports”