Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: BROWNS CUTTING MANZIEL IN MARCH.

Post by Raider6309 »

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Fans thought Manziel would be the savior of the Browns.... He reminds me of Ryan Leaf... Total Flop... Total Meltdown... I wish johnny the best of Luck and hopefully he can turn things around.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sadly in the little time he got this year he showed glimpses he could succeed in this league unlike Leaf.On a better team with a little help who knows what he could do, but he has shown he has the mentality of a grade schooler so he might not get another chance.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm having a hard time getting my head around the Browns allowing all their free agents to leave, then keep Joe Thomas and wanting to sign RGIII. And they are still talking about drafting a QB with the second pick. As Lombardi once bellowed, "What the h€ll is going on out there?" I thought we were in complete rebuild, analytical mode.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I didn't care too much for the Browns taking Manziel. His size was a problem right off the bat.

Not many QB his size make it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Letting Mack go was no surprise, he would have liked to been gone two years ago, but the Browns matched the offer forcing him to stay temporarily.The Browns knew it by drafting Irving last year to hopefully replace him,but that's not looking good.Letting Schwartz go was a surprise because reportedly he wanted to stay.Also letting Benjamin go mildly surprised me,he was the only deep threat they had and was very valuable on special teams.Thomas will be gone before the season is over next year if they start off bad.RG111 is a waste of time IMO,he won't be any better than McCown and more injury prone.This new regime has not got off to a good start,like the old saying goes the more things change the more they stay the same. :roll:

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

RG 3 Good move but its the Browns.?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree noreply, his size was bound to be exposed. the only way it translated to college football was his ability to move the pocket.i don't think it was a good move at all in my humble opinion, they already had Terrell pryor there under contract, and with the second pick in the draft they need to draft carson wentz of north Dakota state. he's the real deal. rg3 will never be more than a backup again in my opinion. whether the browns take wentz or goff.i think either will be effective and will likely start right away. rg3 is a diva , plain n simple. he is too much of a me guy. and showed that if he does not like things then he'll make big waves to get them changed, as he did in redskin country. he forced his way out and did not want to be there.i think if he loses the manbun, has an attitude checkup from the neckup, he'll be effective, but can the browns afford to keep rg3, and then draft a qb. personally I think that's exactly what hue will do.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree bait, I just do not see the Griffin move working out,he might be good at first and get everybody's hopes up, but will not stand the test of time.He was fairly cheap for NFL QB standards so I guess they won't have much to lose,but they ought to hang onto McCown IMO,he is such a good team player and coach willing to help other players out,it would really benefit the QB they take in the draft for McCown to show him the ropes.Griffin won't do that.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Griffin had the big 1st year then the BIGGER EGO. Got married made a big deal about being seen in pics and tv. Multiple commercials. Instead of working not only to rehab but improve. He wanted special access for his dad and wife to team practice and games. That other players didn't have. Then wanted to tell the coach what he was going to run and not. All while being a buddy to the owner. Making it more about him than team. He was no help to the backup who took his place. Where on other teams the QB's help out each other during the game.

Did he learn to be a team player and work on his passing and reading defenses??? He was overpaid. Should have been less money with more incentives to play. He got paid well as a practice player without taking the abuse of playing games. What will he do on the field instead of people thinking about his past and what he might be. He may also be a way to keep Josh Gordon around and out of trouble. Or become a member of the Browns headache players.

Return to “Pro Sports”