All is Dunn in Cincy...

Manwithplan
All State

All is Dunn in Cincy...

Post by Manwithplan »

He was traded to the D-Backs for a minor league pitcher and 2 players to be named later. The free fall continues.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: All is Dunn in Cincy...

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Two players to be named later, and a "high single-A" minor leaguer who is coming off of Tommy John Surgery.

Here is the report on the pitcher:
Buck was selected in the third round of the 2006 First-Year Player Draft and underwent Tommy John surgery last year. He returned to action a couple of months ago and went 1-4 with a 3.94 ERA in nine games (eight starts) for Class A South Bend. The right-hander was promoted to Arizona's high-A ball team in Visalia earlier this month and in his lone start allowed three unearned runs in five innings.

The Reds sent the league leader in HR to a contending team for a guy who will never play for them and two guys to be named later. Just wait till GAHS4EVER gets ahold of this one.

They better do something big in the off-season with their free-agent dollars, or this move will really stink.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I was thinking the same thing about GAHS4EVER when I first read it. I wonder if he has any Indians attire?

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

F U Reds.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Reds games should be rather exciting now that no one can hit the ball past second base. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

i'm all for trading him at the end of his contract if you can't resign but he is worth a whole lot more than what they got for him

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

mohawkbaseball#1 wrote:i'm all for trading him at the end of his contract if you can't resign but he is worth a whole lot more than what they got for him

i couldnt agree more

does anyone else think that Dusty helped push this one through so he could play Patterson everyday?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

DUSTY sucks worse than Dunn ---and thats saying alot . Glad I gave up on the reds when they hired that horses backside. MD

GoReds
Waterboy

Post by GoReds »

Well i am kinda glad to see Dunn leave because he very rarely came through in key situations and it's pretty sad that the HR leader in MLB gets traded basically for nothing. Why is it that the Reds are never on the good end of a trade like this, why can't we get a big name player and only give up a couple blown out propects. It seems to me that we don't have a very good person negotiation these trades or something. I'm not saying that we should have gotten a star player for Dunn or even Griffey but i think we should have been able to get someone thats an MLB player. I don't know how many people will agree with me but it would be nice to have something a little exciting for the rest of the season so i'm in favor in going out on a limb and signing a player who said he would play for any team for the league minimum and thats Barry Bonds, why not? I think it would be somewhat exciting to see him play for the Reds,i'm not a big Barry Bonds fan and i didn't even want to see him break the HR record but for the price of league minimum it would bring people to the ballpark and be a good financial move for the Reds.

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Well, if youre not gonna resign him, why not deal him? We dont know who the 2 "bologna sandwiches" are that we are getting. Why not bolster your minor leagues? The Reds were getting zippo at the end of the year and they are already out of contention. I thought many of you guys were high anyway, when before the season there was talk of winning 88-90 games. Not with Griffey and Dunn as your go to guys.
The Reds need to regroup starting today and decide who the shortstop and second baseman is going to be in 2009. Next year's infield looks like this, Votto, Phillips and Encarnacion and TBD. Decide who is playing for sure in 2009 and go out and fill the spots with a couple of good Free agents. I still think the Reds can be good in 2010 and that is the timetable I had for them anyway.
Lastly, in today's day, you need to root for the wildcard. The red's will never consistently contend for the division title.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Officially the Reds now = AAA.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

What a bunch of eggheads. :evil:

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

All I can say is, it's almost football season and I hope the Bungals have the same kind of luck. :lol: ;-)

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I jumped off board the day they hired Dusty. I have zero respect for the guy. 1st time in years and years I have not been to a reds game. Went 3-4 times last year. Until Dusty is gone I won't go back. MD

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

what is your email address? i would like the card collection.

I am hearing Micah Owings may be on eof the players to be named. How about this? Reds do everyone a head fake and sign Dunn after the season? Or has he signed with Arizona?

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

just when you thought the reds couldnt get any worse....PSYCH!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

im not a reds fan but this is pathetic...if you could look to next year before this trade they could be a contending team in their division they have a potential great 1-2 punch in volquez and cueto with harang in the rotation too and then you have other players in votto bruce and phillips then you trade adam dunn who is the league leader in home runs for minor leaguers who might not even see the big leagues ..i say they should fire dusty baker

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

What a bunch of crap. I can see trading him,but get something back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

3morethan2 wrote:im not a reds fan but this is pathetic...if you could look to next year before this trade they could be a contending team in their division they have a potential great 1-2 punch in volquez and cueto with harang in the rotation too and then you have other players in votto bruce and phillips then you trade adam dunn who is the league leader in home runs for minor leaguers who might not even see the big leagues ..i say they should fire dusty baker

Yeah, they should fire Dusty, and his boy Patterson, too. It's not Dusty that makes the trades though, it's the brain dead front office(which should be fired also) that makes those blunders.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Dont worry he wont be there long.He will soon be going to a franchise that has money to spend to win.The Reds dont have it and the Cardinals did.Class organization aside but that is the truth.Money can make alot people look like a genius one place and the lack of it an idiot somewhere else.

Return to “Pro Sports”