All Conference

Japan upsets USA to win gold in softball

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Japan wins 3-1 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Re: Japan upsets USA to win gold in softball

Post by queenofhearts »

It goes to show any team can be beat, no matter how good they are. Maybe with loss it will be reinstated in 2012.

"Goodbye softball.. there keeping ping pong"

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

hammerdown wrote:I'm still trying to understand why the IOC, in their infinite wisdom, is doing away with baseball and softball as olympic sports given all the stupid other sports they still recognize.

i am wondering the same thing. :shock:

one of the main reasons is because Major League Baseball will not suspend their season and send the best players in the world to the Olympics for baseball. That is a big reason why Cuba dominates. They have great talent, but dont have any players in MLB. That could be because of politics, I dont know, but thats a big reason why.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
hammerdown wrote:I'm still trying to understand why the IOC, in their infinite wisdom, is doing away with baseball and softball as olympic sports given all the stupid other sports they still recognize.

i am wondering the same thing. :shock:

one of the main reasons is because Major League Baseball will not suspend their season and send the best players in the world to the Olympics for baseball. That is a big reason why Cuba dominates. They have great talent, but dont have any players in MLB. That could be because of politics, I dont know, but thats a big reason why.

I would love the see MLB cut their games to about 140 or so, and then suspend the season for the Olympics. Those would be some amazing baseball games.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

They have the World Baseball Classic...albeit its during spring training and the guys arent really ready to go...I still had fun watching it a few years ago...

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

vote was 51-51 to suspend softball from the olympics , the president of Easton Corp (womens fastpitch is a huge backer of Easton) was a no-show at the vote . His vote , had he voted to keep it , would have saved FP for the 2012 games. MD

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

queenofhearts wrote:It goes to show any team can be beat, no matter how good they are. Maybe with loss it will be reinstated in 2012.

"Goodbye softball.. there keeping ping pong"

Having equal coaching helps

Return to “Pro Sports”