2017 Pittsburgh Steelers

Black Panther
SEO

Re: 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers

Post by Black Panther »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:44 pm Shazier May be done for the year ? Hope not.
To be honest,I don't care if he plays another down of football this year.I just hope and pray he makes a full recovery for the game of life.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Shazier may never play another down again. Being able to go through life is more important. Just like former Bengal David Pollock. Pollock retired after 2 years not wanting to further injury himself. He has gone on to work hard and have his job at ESPN.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I hope he makes full recovery too, but frankly I am surprised he didn't get seriously hurt before this the way he always would lower his head and go spearing into the ball carrier's body to make a tackle.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I can understand just got caught up in the race to the playoffs ! No foul , I might understand more than most with back problems !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Big win ! Next The Game !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The hole at Middle LB really stood out vs a poor Baltimore offense. Not the speed to get there on outside runs as well as out of place on inside runs. This will really hurt if the players can not step up. One possibility is moving Watt inside. Like what the Packers did before with Clay Mathews.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Game day / Hope that middle on D does well today !

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Pittsburgh will win! Their defense looks a little vulnerable, but with an offense like that you don't need it. As long as BR or LB don't get injured they will be fine and rolling to the SB.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WOW ! Crazy ! Hope Brown will be back ! Hope Home field ?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Not double teaming Gronk hurt in the second half. The injury to Brown needs to rest as much as possible. Even then he can reinjure it at anytime. The WR's need to do more even if Brown comes back.The loss the way they lost hopefully the attitudes do not come back. Even though after the game Ben mentioned Coach meaning Haley wanted to run the pass play and Ben wanted to spike the ball. Having Connor get hurt effects the team if Bell gets hurt or has to rest some.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Ooops I jinxed the steelers :lol: What a game this was! The call at the end was correct the way they got the rules set up. I personally hate that rule. If you got control of the ball and it crosses the plane it should be a touchdown, like if you got two feet in with control it should also be a touchdown. Tough loss for Pitts! I thought for sure Pats blew the game giving up that long pass play.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo the ball broke the plane ? Right ? Why do they say the ground can't cause a fumble ? May be wrong ?
Last edited by Geronimo on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well that was a debacle at the end. I thought it was a td, he crossed the plain with the ball in his hands. granted he bobbled it some. but that was after he hit the ground. but he still maintained possession and the ground can't cause a fumble. which never actually happened.i haven't read any other comments yet, so I'm curious as to what others thought. dumb pass by ben to lose it. but you cain't hit home runs if you ain't swingin for em. should have thrown it away, kicked the field goal, and went to ot. but it truly is the agony and defeat aspect of sports. it happens in a blink of the eye in every sport.did you all think it was a td. he crossed the goal line with the ball never hitting the ground. but the ball moved some. but never hit the ground. that is totally confusing to me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm a Bengal 1st. and an afc north fan second. and I think the steelers got hosed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:03 pm Ooops I jinxed the steelers :lol: What a game this was! The call at the end was correct the way they got the rules set up. I personally hate that rule. If you got control of the ball and it crosses the plane it should be a touchdown, like if you got two feet in with control it should also be a touchdown. Tough loss for Pitts! I thought for sure Pats blew the game giving up that long pass play.
now I'm reading a few comments, and I totally agree with what you're saying. confusing as heck.
me n mrs. bait was miffed at that call.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Geronimo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:08 am Jmo the ball broke the plane ? Right ? Why do say the ground can't a fumble ? May be wrong ?
Geronimo. I'm still scratchin my head over that one myself.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

My words was all wrong ! There right now I hope ?.that call just torn me up ? TD all the way ! WOW lol.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One thing is James had one hand secure on the ball at all times. Where Bryant in the playoffs before changed hands and kept control while flipping over. This case James had one hand come off when he hit the ground. James is a big guy who probably can palm the football with 1 hand easily. I thought he controlled the ball with his right hand.

This catch rule needs to be changed anyway.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Eli Rogers comes out saying that Pittsburg will win the next time they play the Pats. Which coming from a player who doesn't make many plays on the field himself. Just play the game instead of insert excuse here.
One of the Best things about the Pats they do not run their mouths to the press.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

His left hand definitely lost control when he hit the ground causing it to move a little which would make it the right call with the rules they got, but like I said I hate that catch follow through all the way to the ground rule they conjured up a few years ago.

Return to “Pro Sports”