2017 Pittsburgh Steelers

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I haven't said anything about the game to this point, so I will now. Big Ben threw 55 passes, that's way too many, he did complete 33 of them for 312 yards, but that literally means nothing if it doesn't lead to scoring drives. Out of those 22 incompletions, 5, I repeat, 5 of those were interceptions, and he had no touchdowns. They only rushed the ball 20 total times, 15 by Bell, an end around, 3 rushes by Conner and Ben with a scramble. Now, I understand that Bell only had 47 yards on 15 carries, but if you aren't running the ball, you aren't controlling the clock, if you aren't controlling the clock, you can't get into a rhythm. The defense is still improving, and they are still fairly young on defense. The special teams are pretty good, no mistakes, no missed kicks or anything.

The big issue for the Steelers right now, that many people have already mentioned, it's all about ME. They have too many superstars. Bell and all those superstar receivers need to learn how to play as a team. It would also be nice if they got something out of the offensive line.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Last thing you would expect them to struggle on is offense! Did Roethlisberger hint around in the offseason this would be his last year?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

He had considered retirement before this season.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Drama ! Jmo step down Ben if there are any questions ? Head games and Drama ! Can win it all this season.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Not the way Ben would want to leave sure something to think about if the Me First attitude continues or if he gets hurt. Ben has another rough game I can see him saying it is over Good bye. That way he is gone and does not have to answer questions. Things can sure go in all kinds of ways for the Steelers this year.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Steelers beat the Chiefs. Chiefs lost a WR in the first quarter after losing a few last week. KC made a comeback and the Brown catch at the end saved the Steelers. I think it is time to take Brown of kick returns. Making the mistake on the free kick and fumbling a punt. He it to valuable as a WR. James Harrison may not be what he use to be. As a situation player he still has the motor. Still has it off the field. Would be a very good coach if he wants to.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Being reported that WR Bryant has let it be known he is not happy and requested a trade.
Some teams are thin at WR and he might have good value offset by his off the field troubles. Some teams like Bears, Giants and even the Chiefs are thin at WR. If they want to deal as the Steelers still have some good young WR.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

farmer wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:24 pm Being reported that WR Bryant has let it be known he is not happy and requested a trade.
Some teams are thin at WR and he might have good value offset by his off the field troubles. Some teams like Bears, Giants and even the Chiefs are thin at WR. If they want to deal as the Steelers still have some good young WR.
Well, they can trade him to the clowns and bring back Coates and maybe a draft pick? If he's unhappy with a great franchise like Pittsburgh maybe he needs to see how other side lives.I can gurantee he'll be back on the weed within one week there..lol

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Now Bryant is so called happy with the Steelers after the win and story came out. Sure goes with a lot of people knowing something is going on to provide the me first attitude.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Bryant might get his wish ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good win today. Anybody see that two legged kick Nix took from Burfict?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The kick is sure being talked about. Burfect maybe close to more time off.

Bryant again complaining. Could see him being told goodbye but then will teams put up with him.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Interesting the line judge was right there and saw it but didn't think it was bad enough to penalize. This is another instance where Burfict's past conduct could come back to haunt him. He is a talented player the Bengals desperately need but just can't stop from making bone headed decisions.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Many are talking like all is good with the Steelers now. I am not sure about that. The defense is playing well. Bell is getting the ball a lot but will it get him banged up. Then the Bryant crap as the me first attitude. The Steelers have gone on runs the last few years. Just need to see the next few weeks.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Steelers vs Eagles ! Super Bowl ! But the Drama has got to go ! Now !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Mike Tomlin was straight to the point on Bryant. That should also let everyone else on the team know that that crap will not get you anywhere.

As for the Eagles getting to the Super Bowl losing Peters will be tough to fill in. Even if they move Johnson then replacing him at tackle.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Bryant on practice squad ! But who stole the rookies bicycle ? True !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Tomlin clips Bryant wings !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Starting to like the D big time !

Geronimo
SEOP