5 New Sports added for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

5 New Sports added for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo

Post by Chieftain2009 »

5 new sports were announced to be added today in the next Olympic Games, 2020 in Tokyo.

Baseball, Softball, Karate, Skateboarding, Sport Climbing and Surfing

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ol ... /88034494/

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 5 New Sports added for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo

Post by danicalifornia »

Good. It's supposed to be a celebration and competition of the best in the world, so the more sports, the better, IMO.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Agreed with that statement Dani.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This won't help the USA in baseball. Don't think it will help any country that has players in the Major Leagues. Now if Cuba can keep their players from defecting it might help them. Even now aren't they allowing players come to the USA? Many South American team may benefit....don't they play their season in different month?

Always wonder why they took baseball/Softball out in the first place. There are many countries that play the two.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Agree that will not mesh with the major leagues that time of year.I wish they would just go back to all amateurs for the olympics anyway.The pros ruin it me,I might got back to watching if they did.I don't relish watching USA beat Nicaragua or whoever 80 -10 in basketball.I miss the old Soviet and East German days when medals were harder to come by.Some might have been juiced up but it made it more interesting.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Russians were pro but some how they said they were not. You just are not taken out of your living area and given room and board, a training center, spending money, Places to go to get free clothing. A lot of these guy trained together for months.

It look as if thing have been catching up with them in real life now.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Baseball was taken out in the first place, because honestly, it got boring. It's the Olympics, you want the best of the best in every sport! MLB and the IOC are still talking about some type of agreement because the Olympics want the MLB players in it. I don't see it happening in 2020 but maybe after that.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

the world baseball classic is right around the corner. thats where the best competition will be for every country, not the olympics. but it would be nice to see all the best players in the olympics for every country in the future.

you will never catch a red light in webster!!
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Just to add something about the Olympics...

Due to the high cost of hosting the Olympics and the crooked politics involved, it is time to stop having "host" countries every 4 years and have 1 set site each for the summer and winter games.

I personally hope that the Olympics are never in the USA again. Too many tax dollars that could be used elsewhere are being spent on these games.

The IOC has enough money to build 2 sites and host the games themselves.

As a baseball owner, I would not be in favor of releasing any of my players on my 40 man roster to play in the Olympics or suspending the season for the Olympics.

JMHO

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

just added marbles ...but only for left handed people

Return to “Pro Sports”