NHL 15-16

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Re: NHL 15-16

Post by d-5 »

Man the season has tanked without Price . we can't even beat CBJ :shock: No playoffs this year :cry:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

d-5 wrote:Man the season has tanked without Price . we can't even beat CBJ :shock: No playoffs this year :cry:
It's a LONG season...Hang in there...God knows we've had no luck v mtl.in the playoffs.And before MTL.moved into the Bell Centre,the Penguins couldn't buy a regular season win in the old Forum in MTL.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pens 2 devils 0."How About Them Apples?!"

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Two straight to CBJ :oops: :roll:

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Black Panther wrote:Are you out there Mister B?
Yes, I am here. For some reason I have been locked out of here for some time. Problems with the move I guess. Old user name and password didn't work. Had them send me new password, that didn't work so I had to re-enlist with a new name - Mister Bee.

Pens are FINALLY getting it together at the right time. It was a very long winter of discontent from a hockey standpoint.

Last week of the season and positioning for the playoffs is at hand.

HOP IN THE CORDOVA BABY, WE'RE GOING BOWLING!

LETS GO PENS!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Go HABS next year :cry:

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 4 Caps 3 F/OT

Crosby with the game winner in OT for the Pens 8th straight win.

"Caps goalie Braden Holtby just lost his liquor license!"

Close out the regular season in Filtydelphia on Saturday.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens look to even the series at 1-1 vs the Caps tonight after dropping the opener 4-3 in OT.

Pens goalie Murray has been very good so far standing in for starter Feury.

Puck drops at 8 pm tonight in a national tv game.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

We need a win for sure...

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Black Panther wrote:We need a win for sure...
Pens 2 Caps 1

Pens goalie Murray was outstanding. Kris Letang may just be the best defenseman in the NHL.

Series switches to the Burgh for games 3 and 4.

Caps are without former Pen Orpik, defenseman, for his late hit on Matta.

Pens are without Matta due to the hit.

Its a Pucks and Bucs night for Burgh fans as the Cubs are in town for a huge series.

Bucs on national tv tonight and so are the Pens. Time for the split screen on the big screen.

"GET IN THE FAST LANE GRANDMA, THE BINGO GAME IS READY TO ROLL!!!

LETS GO PENS AND BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Caps 2

Pens vs Caps has a long playoff history as the winner of game 3 has gone on to win the series 7 out of 8 times.

The Caps outplayed the Pens in every part of this game except one, Pens backup goalie Matt Murray was nearly perfect as he stopped 47 of 49 shots on goal. Pens are shorthanded on defense but they still continue to deliver by blocking shots and giving Murray great sight lines.

Watching this game on NBCSN, while I enjoy their coverage very much, I do get the feeling that they are trying very hard to influence the NHL office to suspend Pens Kris LeTang for his hit last night to counteract the Caps 3 game suspension of Brooks Orpik. Orpik's hit was very late while LeTang's hit last night was borderline late. It did draw a penalty but I have a strong feeling that the league office will hand down a 1 game suspension for game 4. This will hurt the Pens having LeTang out of the lineup.

Caps absolutely controlled the puck in this game. Ovechkin had a fantastic 3rd period. Pens stole a game due to Murray. Period. Pens could be up 3-0 if not for the overtime loss in game 1 which the Pens won everywhere but the scoreboard.

Game 4 on Thursday night and again on national tv. Pens will need another stellar performance from Murray to get the win.

"HOP IN THE CORDOBA BABY, WE'RE GOING BOWLING!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 4 Caps 3 F/OT

Pens survive losing a 3 goal, early 2nd period lead, to the Caps to win in OT.

Unreal events for the Pens in the 3rd as they have 3 straight delay of game penalties in 2:02.

Pens goalie Matt Murray, the backup goalie, again comes up huge vs the Caps and Pittsburgh's 3rd line delivers all the goals, Kessel 2, Hagelin 1 and Bunino the game winner in OT.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ELVIS HAS JUST LEFT THE BUILDING!!!"

Eastern conference finals, Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay. Should be a good one.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Bolts 2 F/OT

"STOP THE CAR MABEL, THE PENS WIN IN OVERTIME!!!"

Crosby gets the game winner 40 seconds into OT as the Pens bounce back and even the Eastern Conference Finals at 1 game each.

Pens backup goalie Murray continues his outstanding play in spite of the folks at NBCSN who keep calling for the Pens to put Fleury back in the net. I love Fleury and I understand that an injury shouldn't keep you from getting your job back when you are healthy but as Jerry Reed would say, "...when your hot, your hot..." and you have beaten the President Trophy winning Caps and have an 8-3 record in just 11 playoff starts, ride the wave baby.

Series switches to Tampa and the Pens need a split of the 2 games, at the worst AND they need to stop taking dumb penalties which they improved on in game 2.

Glad to see the Pens switch some lines up as this seemed to cause confusion for the Bolts on the defensive side and made them play on their heels.

"GET IN THE FAST LANE GRANDMA, THE BINGO GAME IS READY TO ROLL!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 4 Bolts 2 F

Pens take a 2-1 series lead.

"BOLTS GOALIE VASILEVSKIY JUST LOST HIS LIQUOR LICENSE!!!"

Pens come out firing and shoot 48 shots at the Bolts goalie. This game could have been much worse but give him credit, he did stop a lot of shots as his defense left him out to dry many times.

Tampa having trouble with Pittsburgh's team speed.

Crosby gets his 2nd goal in as many nights and the Pens 3rd line, the HBK line, continues to deliver in spades with 2 more goals.

Will Tampa make a goalie change in game 4 as starter Ben Bishop, injured in game, looks to practice today with the team.

Game 4 in Tampa. Pens look to continue their hot streak.

"CALL ARNOLD SLICK FROM TURTLE CREEK!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Bolts 4 Pens 3 F

Series ties at 2-2.

Bolts get a very early goal on a tip and jump out to a 4-0 lead after 2 periods. If you work harder, you get lucky and the puck starts to find it's way into the net and this is what the Bolts did in the first 2 periods.

Pens pull goalie Murray, not entirely his fault the Bolts jumped out but I think Sullivan did this as a jump start for his team and it almost worked as the Pens nearly pulled off the comeback by out working Tampa and getting 3 goals and nearly sending into OT.

Its now a 3 game series and the home ice shifts to Pittsburgh. Look for Fleury to be back into the net the rest of the series for the Pens. Pittsburgh needs to get back to out hustling the Bolts and use their speed. I expected a 7 game series and I still think this is where this is going.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 2 Bolts 1 F

As expected, the series goes to 7 games and the final was a classic.

Pens get 2 goals from rookie Bryan Rust and rookie goalie Matt Murray stops all the Bolts shots except for 1.

The midseason coaching change and the youth movement under coach Mike Sullivan is paying dividends for the Pens.

Next up, the Finals vs the Sharks for the Stanley Cup.

Keep the name in mind, Joel Ward RW for the Sharks. The Sharks like to create traffic in front of the net and Ward had a great series vs the Blues getting 4 goals in the last 2 games via the redirected shot. Pens goalie Murray hasn't faced a team like the Sharks and the learning curve will be steep for him.

Game 1 is in Pittsburgh Monday night and the Pens could certainly use a victory in game 1 to jump start themselves as the drive to bring the Cup back to the 'Burgh begins.

"GET IN THE FAST LANE GRANDMA, THE BINGO GAME IS READY TO ROLL!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

:) Good Luck to the Black and Gold ! Bring home Lord Stanley's Cup From the HABS :D

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

d-5 wrote::) Good Luck to the Black and Gold ! Bring home Lord Stanley's Cup From the HABS :D
Thank you. We will need everything to bring Lord Stanley's Cup back to the 'Burgh.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 3 Sharks 2 Game 1

Pens come out firing the puck at Sharks goalie Jones and get an early 2-0 in the first period with the goals coming from rookie Rust, on the 2nd line (Malkin's) and rookie Conor Sheary on the first line (Crosby's).

Sharks come back in the 2nd with a powerplay goal and a very nifty wrap around goal to tie it up.

Pens continue to fire the puck in the 3rd on the Sharks goalie as they outshot the Sharks 41-26 for the game and their 10th straight game outshooting the other team. Pens get the game winner with 2:33 left in the game as Nick Bonino, on the 3rd line, the HBK line, gets his 4th of the playoffs and his 2nd game winner of the playoffs to give the Pens a 1-0 lead in this best of 7 series.

On Christmas Day, the Pens were 12th in the Eastern Conference and appear to be headed nowhere. Shortly thereafter, the Pens front office made a coaching change and brought up current AHL and former NHL head coach Mike Sullivan to give the team a new direction. With him, Sullivan brought up some excellent rookie talents that have helped the Pens revamp their team into a complete team that doesn't just depend on Crosby or Malkin to get it going. They also brought up a 20 year old goalie in Matt Murray to spell Fleury in the net and with Fleury suffering a concussion back on March 31, the Pens appear to have found their goalie for the next 10 years has he has been nothing short of spectacular in the net during the playoffs recording 12 of the Pens 13 wins so far.

Pens are now 3 wins short of the Cup but the Sharks are a very good team and I feel that this series will again go 7 games.

Game 2 is on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.

LETS GO HUNT MOOSE ON A HARLEY!!!

LETS GO PENS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Pens 2 Shark 1 F/OT

Another great game for hockey fans everywhere to watch.

Pens get the 1-0 lead on a tip in by Kessel but the Sharks continue to fight and get a 3rd period score to tie it at 1-1.

A tense rest of the 3rd period and we go to OT.

Crosby wins the faceoff in the Sharks zone by sending it to LeTang who passes to the rookie Sheary who gets his first OT winner and 2nd goal in as many games.

"GET THAT DOG OFF MY LAWN!!!"

Pens lead the series 2-0 and we head to San Jose for games 3 and 4. A possible series sweep? In the Crosby era, the Pens are 6-0 in series that they lead 2-0 but I just don't see a sweep in this series. Sharks are a good team. Game 3 should be a good one Saturday.

"HOP IN THE CORDOBA BABY, WE'RE GOING BOWLING!!!"

LETS GO PENS!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”