2017 Cincinnati Bengals

farmer
SEOP

Re: 2017 Cincinnati Bengals

Post by farmer »

The Bengals made it to the stadium that the Super Bowl will be played at. Even though the Bengals didn't play. Should have kept Zimmer and got rid of Lewis

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Pathetic! Today showed they have packed it in! I got so sick of watching I had to turn it to the father/son golf challenge to see the Golden Bear play some golf. Marv wants out again, now will Mikey talk him into coming back again ?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

farmer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm The Bengals made it to the stadium that the Super Bowl will be played at. Even though the Bengals didn't play. Should have kept Zimmer and got rid of Lewis
The bungles wont even get the pleasure of firing Lewis, because he wants to leave on his own accord.Even he finally wised up and knows there is no hope for that crap organization. And they wont get anyone better to replace him. :lol:

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Read an article today that Marv is wanting a management position. Since they were in Minnesota that maybe he would talk with Zimmer.

The Bengals losing part owner Pete Brown maybe some more changes happen. It is time for a change. They have done a pretty good job the last 5 years drafting even though Ross didn't make it on the field much more than I did this year. The Bengals need to decide what they want to do with the QB situation who to keep and who to get rid of. Get rid of Pac Man. Get REAL HELP ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE. Go out and hire a very good line coach and PAY HIM WELL. Just for starters.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:38 pm Pathetic! Today showed they have packed it in! I got so sick of watching I had to turn it to the father/son golf challenge to see the Golden Bear play some golf. Marv wants out again, now will Mikey talk him into coming back again ?
I turned it off as well early in the 3rd. and me n mrs. bait watched the punisher. stick a fork in em, they don't even care right now. when they should be coaching and playing for their jobs with marv retiring. I want a proven winner.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Don't think the Bengals has a bad team at all , just needs new faces on the coaches side .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well marv is gone after the season. he may move elsewhere or to the bengals front office. I'd love to see that myself. he has been great for the bengals, but time for a change. I wish him nothing but the best. anybody have any ideas as to who they'd like to see inherit the bengals outside the organization. does anyone think they'll promote lazur or Gunther.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Marvin Lewis has said the reports of him leaving after this season were false.

When asked if he wanted to coach the Bengals next year, he responded "Sure".

Looks like Marvin will get a new contract extension. Isnt that what they do with coaches who have losing records? lol

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am well marv is gone after the season. he may move elsewhere or to the bengals front office. I'd love to see that myself. he has been great for the bengals, but time for a change. I wish him nothing but the best. anybody have any ideas as to who they'd like to see inherit the bengals outside the organization. does anyone think they'll promote lazur or Gunther.
they should take a ride up I-71N and take in the Cleveland Browns organization with the perception of looking at what NOT TO DO in the NFL

fortunate for OH we still get to be considered a football power state for the efforts of the pee wee , junior high, high school and college football programs.......but for some reason once you start getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport you love the state of OH falls off the map....maybe the two pro football organizations of OH should look into some of those ingredients for success at the lower level :D :D :D :D :D

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bengals are slipping back and didn't win a playoff game for all their regular season wins. It's time for a reset

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Hey bait what you think about Hugh Jackson coming back and coaching them if the Browns let him go ? A lot of people have suggested this could happen. I myself think it would be plum crazy, I mean I like Jackson he handles the media very well, but he is not head coaching material, maybe as an OC. A lot of people credit him for Andy Dalton's success ,but people seem to forget Gruden had him rolling before that. Red that wouldn't surprise me a bit, he wanted to quit years ago and Mikey wouldn't let it happen.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I expect to see Marvin get a front office job after this season.

Dalton needs replaced asap. He is helter skelter at best. They are solid at RB and WR but their defensive backfield needs help. I am not a die hard Bengals fan or NFL fan, but I think the Bengals are only a few players and new QB/Coach away from being a playoff team consistently.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 am Hey bait what you think about Hugh Jackson coming back and coaching them if the Browns let him go ? A lot of people have suggested this could happen. I myself think it would be plum crazy, I mean I like Jackson he handles the media very well, but he is not head coaching material, maybe as an OC. A lot of people credit him for Andy Dalton's success ,but people seem to forget Gruden had him rolling before that. Red that wouldn't surprise me a bit, he wanted to quit years ago and Mikey wouldn't let it happen.
I don't like the idea at all. a couple years ago I'd have been all over that offer. but after seeing a couple years worth of browns success I'd cry if he did. we need to go outside our organization and start over with a hardnoser. cause we have lost so many games with some of the best talent the nfl had to offer. now between trades and free agency. I feel this team is starting over. the 1st thing I'd do would be to lay off a couple trouble makers, pacman and burfict. just had my gullet full of them. I'd give anything to see gruden come to coach there. but that won't happen. and for pete's sake look at the steelers success and roster. always chalked full of buckeyes on the roster. we pass everyone of em that comes up on the board. and this puts butts in the seat. look at pat elflein, wins the rimington award starting for the Vikings. and when bucks players get drafted they start, look at bosa. yet we avoid em like they're lepers with a sexually transmitted disease and have irritable bowel syndrome. I mean seriously.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

our 2 offensive tackles are way too heavy and poor foot and handwork. look at whitworth now with the rams, and zeitler as a brown. you can actually be too big n slow to be an offensive tackle.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bengals need an attitude change. I would not bring Hue back force a change that players. Players are to comfortable with this staff. They need to be held to a higher standard of play on the field. They have a lot of talented players but they have got to a point that it is easier to make excuses for their play. Marv maybe a good guy but he does not need to stay in management. Then the players will go to him to protect themselves and excuse their play.

Dalton has looked bad this year. I think a lot of that is the WR's not running the routes correctly. Yes the line play is bad. Some of his passes you can see he is upset when he throws them just to get rid of the ball. Start AJ and see what may happen. Is it just Dalton or blame spread around.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 am
cbolt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 am Hey bait what you think about Hugh Jackson coming back and coaching them if the Browns let him go ? A lot of people have suggested this could happen. I myself think it would be plum crazy, I mean I like Jackson he handles the media very well, but he is not head coaching material, maybe as an OC. A lot of people credit him for Andy Dalton's success ,but people seem to forget Gruden had him rolling before that. Red that wouldn't surprise me a bit, he wanted to quit years ago and Mikey wouldn't let it happen.
I don't like the idea at all. a couple years ago I'd have been all over that offer. but after seeing a couple years worth of browns success I'd cry if he did. we need to go outside our organization and start over with a hardnoser. cause we have lost so many games with some of the best talent the nfl had to offer. now between trades and free agency. I feel this team is starting over. the 1st thing I'd do would be to lay off a couple trouble makers, pacman and burfict. just had my gullet full of them. I'd give anything to see gruden come to coach there. but that won't happen. and for pete's sake look at the steelers success and roster. always chalked full of buckeyes on the roster. we pass everyone of em that comes up on the board. and this puts butts in the seat. look at pat elflein, wins the rimington award starting for the Vikings. and when bucks players get drafted they start, look at bosa. yet we avoid em like they're lepers with a sexually transmitted disease and have irritable bowel syndrome. I mean seriously.
well said

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Dalton has stretches where he is pretty good including this year, but he is like one of them roller coasters at Cedar Point so up and down, and when he is down he is reeeaaallly down! I agree time to start over at the QB position, I would love to see McCarron get a shot. He looked promising in that stretch a couple years ago when Dalton was hurt. The running back position is really strong, I like Mixon. Offensive line is like Dalton they have had their ups and downs this year just need to be more consistent. Defense has got to improve against the rush, they were dead last in the league!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bengals can never get a good enough offense to make up for a weak defense or a good enough defense to make up for the poor offense. Look at Baltimore always a good D and a so/so offense.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

true dat.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know how that happened, but cool getting a w.

Return to “Pro Sports”