2017 Cincinnati Bengals

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 2017 Cincinnati Bengals

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 am
cbolt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:16 am Hey bait what you think about Hugh Jackson coming back and coaching them if the Browns let him go ? A lot of people have suggested this could happen. I myself think it would be plum crazy, I mean I like Jackson he handles the media very well, but he is not head coaching material, maybe as an OC. A lot of people credit him for Andy Dalton's success ,but people seem to forget Gruden had him rolling before that. Red that wouldn't surprise me a bit, he wanted to quit years ago and Mikey wouldn't let it happen.
I don't like the idea at all. a couple years ago I'd have been all over that offer. but after seeing a couple years worth of browns success I'd cry if he did. we need to go outside our organization and start over with a hardnoser. cause we have lost so many games with some of the best talent the nfl had to offer. now between trades and free agency. I feel this team is starting over. the 1st thing I'd do would be to lay off a couple trouble makers, pacman and burfict. just had my gullet full of them. I'd give anything to see gruden come to coach there. but that won't happen. and for pete's sake look at the steelers success and roster. always chalked full of buckeyes on the roster. we pass everyone of em that comes up on the board. and this puts butts in the seat. look at pat elflein, wins the rimington award starting for the Vikings. and when bucks players get drafted they start, look at bosa. yet we avoid em like they're lepers with a sexually transmitted disease and have irritable bowel syndrome. I mean seriously.
well said

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Dalton has stretches where he is pretty good including this year, but he is like one of them roller coasters at Cedar Point so up and down, and when he is down he is reeeaaallly down! I agree time to start over at the QB position, I would love to see McCarron get a shot. He looked promising in that stretch a couple years ago when Dalton was hurt. The running back position is really strong, I like Mixon. Offensive line is like Dalton they have had their ups and downs this year just need to be more consistent. Defense has got to improve against the rush, they were dead last in the league!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bengals can never get a good enough offense to make up for a weak defense or a good enough defense to make up for the poor offense. Look at Baltimore always a good D and a so/so offense.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

true dat.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't know how that happened, but cool getting a w.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well now marv is talking like he ain't leaving.
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That great win over the dirty birds must have changed his mind, I am sure Mikey is jumping for joy! :oops: :roll:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ls-in-2018

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:58 pm That great win over the dirty birds must have changed his mind, I am sure Mikey is jumping for joy! :oops: :roll:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ls-in-2018
Done deal, we have Marvin to kick around for two more years:

http://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Ben ... e5967b95a1
Last edited by Omega on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Darn, I had a perfect person to replace him. But he has an appointment with Lake Erie

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

"My job is to win a World Championship," Lewis said, according to a tweet from the team. "We have a talented roster full of veteran leaders and emerging young stars and I am committed to making the necessary improvements to put this team in the best position to win.”

But he has said before it is not his job to get the players mentally ready to play.

Marvin Lewis the coach who does not live in reality but does great in the interview process. Much like the combine warriors who get drafted high and never do much in the NFL.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think he realizes he has the perfect job. If he were anywhere else he wouldn't last three years.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WOW ! Did not see that coming !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Did the Bengals break a lot of mirror's to get 7 years bad luck for each mirror. Even those Marv fans are wondering what is going on.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

farmer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 am Did the Bengals break a lot of mirror's to get 7 years bad luck for each mirror. Even those Marv fans are wondering what is going on.
7 years? We Browns fans must have wrecked the mirror truck!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

smart move by mic brown .. consistency is key in the nfl and marvin brings it to the table

marvin has the bengals like a reel tiger ,, lieing in the weeds while there pray is beating each other up in the playoffs and weighting to strike !!

2018 bengals go 10 --- 6 and win a play off game !!!

but only if they pick up an rb with grit like john kuhn

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:51 pm
farmer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 am Did the Bengals break a lot of mirror's to get 7 years bad luck for each mirror. Even those Marv fans are wondering what is going on.
7 years? We Browns fans must have wrecked the mirror truck!
that's funny, I wished I'd have said that about my bengals. well played.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

seopcommenter wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:49 am smart move by mic brown .. consistency is key in the nfl and marvin brings it to the table

marvin has the bengals like a reel tiger ,, lieing in the weeds while there pray is beating each other up in the playoffs and weighting to strike !!

2018 bengals go 10 --- 6 and win a play off game !!!

but only if they pick up an rb with grit like john kuhn
I figure we'll go 6-9 next year and he'll get a lifetime contract extended to him.

Return to “Pro Sports”