2017 Cincinnati Bengals

cbolt
SEOP

Re: 2017 Cincinnati Bengals

Post by cbolt »

First time the Bungals have won out there since 1975!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

I’ve been a Marvin fan since day one and will always be in my eyes remembered for taking the bengals from a laughing stock to a respectable and competive franchise. With that said I think Marvin has taken them as far as he can. They need a fresh start. I think the bengals job is an attractive situation with a roster that has quite a bit of talent and the window of opportunity is still open. Hopefully the bengals can get the coaching situation right this offseason and make the right moves to help get them over the hump.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bengals have drafted some very good players recently but their big problem is not developing that talent. They seem to just stay the same. Just like former TE Gresham. Played pretty good his rookie season but dropping passes every year the Bengals could not keep him. Ross this year gets healthy and is inactive. Not heard of from a high first round draft pick who was suppose to be a game changer.
The players and Marv have grown to comfortable with each other and needs a kick start.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

farmer wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am The Bengals have drafted some very good players recently but their big problem is not developing that talent. They seem to just stay the same. Just like former TE Gresham. Played pretty good his rookie season but dropping passes every year the Bengals could not keep him. Ross this year gets healthy and is inactive. Not heard of from a high first round draft pick who was suppose to be a game changer.
The players and Marv have grown to comfortable with each other and needs a kick start.
I think Jackson has developed nicely and is going to be a stud at corner. I believe they said he’s giving up a 30 some percent completion percentage when the ball is thrown his way which ranks first in the league. Vigil Lawson Glasgow I think have all played pretty well this year as well. Offensively I think the bengals have something special with mixon the kid can do it all back their especially when the line opens up holes like they have the last couple weeks. Given time I believe Malone is going to be another Marvin Jones type.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jackson at the beginning of the season was mainly a special team. He is starting to play better but the last game letting Bell go by words just can not justify that. He is not much help on runs not just that play. Yes some players have gotten better but many have not. The two tackles were suppose to take over this year big disappointment. Even though Big O is playing better. They brought back Andre Smith who never was able to make the move up in his play. Which led him to leave then now back. He was going to be the plug in and play for 10+ years of good play like Joe Thomas of the Browns. Jeremy Hill at RB enough said. Dre Kirkpatrick makes some plays but gives up a lot and the penalties. Along with the maybe the runner will get tired of dragging me downfield and fall down.

Yes there are players that do get better but most seem content. Part of that is just an attitude change. Why it is a team game getting everyone to play at a high level all the time.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Just look at all the high draft picks and good players then look at the Bengals record shows they are not getting better.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

John Ross on IR out for the rest of the season well might as well missed it all.
Three games, 17 snaps, two targets, one run, 12 yards, one fumble. No catches.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I really thought this guy was going to make an impact with all his speed!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Just like what a lot of people thought of him getting injured. Speed is good but must be healthy and on the field. Hopefully next year will see him produce on the field.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Didn't watch the Bears today but they did score pretty good in the practice. Not sure when the Bengals will be playing their next game after this off week. Talent with disappointment, Offensive line is needed to win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the bengals are a freakin mess, I have watched the last couple of games after a lengthy vacation from pro ball. I find it easier to watch if you fast forward on nfl games past the national anther as hard and wrong as that is to do and say. the steelers game was brutal. and left shazier with a spinal injury and a host of bengals hurt as well. this game needs buttoned down by officials and regulated better. I'd get both teams at midfield and tell them ejections would be passed out like oreo's today if it ain't clean.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I think the next Bengals vs Steelers game needs to be treated like in baseball after a couple of batters get hit. Warn the players before the game if the cheap shot unsportsman like penalties happen that the player gets thrown out along with the head coach. Now that will shake up things since some players just do not care.

Steelers need to work on their defense to improve play as the inside LB's need to get better. As well as just work on things for the playoffs. This is Marv's last time to beat the Steelers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think marv is finally on the way out. and I just love the guy in a gm role or something similar. only belichick has been with his team longer at 18 years. marv has 15 in. but they are just not getting it done and have had as much talent as any nfl team. now we done traded a bunch of em off peko, whitworth, zeitler, sanu, burkhead, and too many more to count. we missed our best shot at a title, and have to be seen as in a rebuilding mode in my opinion. we need a qb, the defense has been obliterated with injuries. pacman is washed up. we need linebackers. Kirkpatrick and dennard have not at all panned out for their hype I think. and we have gio left in the backfield and a rookie from Wyoming. it ain't gonna get any better this year. we just looked hapless against a 3-9 beARS TEAM IN A LOSS THAT TOOK THEM TO 4-9.oops, lol. that's whatcha called aggravated typing I guess, with my handy dandy left index finger.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Some of those players left in free agency. This team 3 years ago was thought to have the best team talent or the top 2 in the NFL. With the defensive line talent they should be attacking more instead of hold the line. This team needs to make big plays that turn into points. The offensive line did play well last year and the changes this year made it worse. They need to find and pay very good money for an offensive line coach. I would hire Peko to come back and help in the locker room and on field go between the players and coaches. As well as him and his wife to help with players and families going out in the community. The game is played on the field but the off field stuff helps to keep them out of trouble while promoting positive interactions with the community.

The Bengals need a plan for the future. Since they will be drafting high that gives them options at QB and maybe dealing Dalton or McCarron. Moving away from Pac Man and dealing Kirkpatrick. Improving the O Line and maybe getting Ross on the field or cut him. They need to force players to buy in and produce on the field or they will be gone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great points, love the idea with peko.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If the Bengals draft shrewdly in the next few years, they can bounce back. If they don't, they could stay in the 5 to 6 win range. Can they keep their key players from free agency?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great question I think shy of a coaching change, free agents will want out. as much as a player may love the cincy area. they all want a chance at a ring. and who could blame them. careers are generally so short anyway. look at burkhead, now a patriot. and whitworth is on a amazing rams team now. sanu is a falcon, peko a bronco. you can't blame them. cincy has shown they are committed to not making a change. one would have to wonder. what if say aj McCarron left for the pats or steelers or rams or eagles. even if they remain a backup, they may win a ring right away.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 pm If the Bengals draft shrewdly in the next few years, they can bounce back. If they don't, they could stay in the 5 to 6 win range. Can they keep their key players from free agency?
Until ownership changes or has a change in attitude, the Bengals are destined to be a sub .500 ball club in the foreseeable future. I have always wondered what sin that Cincy fans may have committed to deserve both the Bengals and Reds ownership.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I heard that omega.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at least the reds have titles.

Return to “Pro Sports”