2015 Pittsburgh Pirates "Get On Board"

Black Panther
SEO

2015 Pittsburgh Pirates "Get On Board"

Post by Black Panther »

Another Season has arrived and what an opponent to open up with.....
Last edited by Black Panther on Thu May 07, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Re: 2015 Pittsburgh Pirates

Post by mister b »

Reds 5 Bucs 2

AARRGGHH!!! Shiver me timbers, mate.

A great pitching duel between Lirano and Cueto.

Watson has an off day in relief to take the lose for the Buccos.

Need a bounce back win on Wednesday.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Reds 5 Bucs 4 F/11

Very long rain delay before this starts. Only followed this thru 7. Don't understand why Liz was sent out in the 11th and why are we carrying 6 starting pitchers and 6 relievers?

In my mind I would have pitched Worley instead of Liz. Oh well.

Bucs need to avoid the sweep. AJ takes the hill for us.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I thought they would bring in Worley as well until I found out he's in the rotation now.I guess they still could have done it.Liz looks like he has good stuff...Reminds me body type and style wise of LaTroy Hawkins...That game was tough to take last night.Need a win today!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:I thought they would bring in Worley as well until I found out he's in the rotation now.I guess they still could have done it.Liz looks like he has good stuff...Reminds me body type and style wise of LaTroy Hawkins...That game was tough to take last night.Need a win today!
Yeah, found out later Worley is starting Saturday in Milwaukee. That explains it.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Reds 3 Bucs 2

0-3 to start the season. Not good. Had the lead the last 2 games only to find some way to lose it.

Scahill the hard luck loser as Polanco commits the fielding error in RF to allow the winning run.

Seriously, it starts in Little League, when the fly ball is below your waist you catch the ball with the palm of the glove up. Polanco tries to catch it, below his knees, with the glove palm down. Unreal. We even had the outfield playing in to prevent this.

Marte struck out 7 times I think in this series. Someone needs extended spring training.

AJ looked good, even after the rain delay.

Sailing on to Milwaukee for 3. Need to right the ship, fast. Locke on the hill Friday night.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The Pirates take two of three in Milwaukee.Beating the Brewers 10-2 in the series wrap up today."We Had 'Em All The Way!"
Last edited by Black Panther on Tue May 26, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bucs 5 Tigers 4 "We Had 'Em All The Way!"
Last edited by Black Panther on Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Tigers 1 Bucs 0 (again)

Pirate bats are missing but their pitching is outstanding as they continue to shutdown a very good hitting Tiger team.

We drop 2 of 3 to Detroit. Milwaukee visit the Burgh this weekend. Need to start winning some series.

Mrs B (the fine Pirate lass that she is) and I are heading to a Caribbean island in search of rum and Black Beard's lost treasure. So Black Panther will be at the helm.

Keep a weather eye on the horizon mate and steady as she goes.

LET'S GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

May the wind be in your sails my friend...Good news to report from the confluence of the three rivers tonight...Bucs 6 Brewers 3.And once again "We Had Em All The Way!"

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The Pirates sweep the Brewers out of Pittsburgh this weekend.The Pirates open a four game series with the Cubs Monday."We Had 'Em All The Way!"
Last edited by Black Panther on Tue May 26, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Ahoy mate!

Mrs B (the fine pirate lass that she is) and I, survived our trip to the Caribbean in search of Blackbeard's lost treasure.

Alas, no gold doubloons were found but we did find a sizable stash of fine rum to mark the occasion. Frequently.

The Buccos have a good road trip going (4-2) and are set to do battle this weekend in St Louis.

Pitching has been our forte but our offense is offensive.

AJ takes the hill tonight with an 0-1 record but a sterling 1.82 era. Our bats need to start producing some run support.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Cards 2 Bucs 1 in extra innings. Again

Bucs go 0-12 with RISP.

Pitching isn't the problem, its hitting, especially with runners on base.

Need to salvage a win on Sunday.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Cards 3 Bucs 2 F/14

Cards win all 3 games in extra innings.

Bucs are 2-15 in their last 17 games in St Louis. We went 0-7 with runners in scoring position. Both of our runs were solo shots.

Pirate pitching was very good. Run scoring production is terrible.

Buccos head home to start a 3 game series on Tuesday vs the Red Legs. We need to start winning series and of course, scoring runs to support a good pitching staff.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

These past three games have P##sed me off more than any I can remember in a long time.Very tough to take....

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mister B,Can Jose Tabata be called up? I think they made a big mistake in letting Snider go...Not good...

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:Mister B,Can Jose Tabata be called up? I think they made a big mistake in letting Snider go...Not good...
My understanding is this, he was designated for assignment last October so he was removed from the 40 man roster and cleared waivers. Since he still isn't on the 40 man roster the Pirates can place him anywhere in their minor league system but they still have to pay him his contract salary which is 4 million this season. He is due 4.5 million next year and the Pirates have options on him for 2017, 18 and 19 each include a 250K buyout for any of those years. He has just over 4 years experience and will be a free agent in 2017.

He can't be recalled to the Pirates since he isn't on the 40 man roster. Jaff Decker is on the 40 man roster at AAA Indianapolis with Jose and the Pirates would have to remove him to make room for Tabata. Jaff is currently on the 7 day DL and the Pirates appear to have more interest in him at this time.

I would have liked for them to have kept Snider too.
Last edited by mister b on Wed May 06, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

We need run production ASAP.

Cole takes the hill tonight for us.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Re: 2015 Pittsburgh Pirates "Get On Board"

Post by mister b »

Phillies 3 Bucs 2

Hard luck loss for Lirano (1-3, 2.96). Marte is to blame for this one. You have to know where the runners are and which base to throw the ball to. Marte didn't and he allowed the hitter to take the extra base and turn a single into a double. The batter should have been held to a single and this would have led to an inning ending double play but instead it led to a 3 run inning and a Phillie win.

Bucs are slowly turning it around and Cutch is starting to hit the ball to a tune of +.400 over the past 7 games and guess what, we are 5-2. Need to get Harrison going too.

Kang has been a pleasant surprise. So has Rodriquez and Cervelli.

No problems with the pitching staff. I will say this, if Melancon faulters in the relievers spot, Watson is the man.

Game 4 today. Bucs need a win to take this 4 game series 3-1 and head to the Windy City this weekend.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Re: 2015 Pittsburgh Pirates "Get On Board"

Post by Black Panther »

More of the same today in a 4-2 loss to phila.On to Chicago to play the cubs over the weekend.

Return to “Pro Sports”