Today's offensive rant...

Mister Bee
Varsity

Today's offensive rant...

Post by Mister Bee »

Is in my opinion, the unending coverage of the National Anthem from last nights game, which I watched zero of, and what are the players/NFL plans for this weeks Anthem and games.

NO highlights from the sports world for at least 15 minutes or more, depending on which show you watched and what little highlights they showed were terrible. I long for the days of the old SportsCenter and the highlights. Chris Bremen and his nicknames for the players etc etc.

We have a major scandal going on in college basketball and its like "whatever". No coverage.

Sorry folks but I like my sports without a helping of politics as the main course.

Even Aaron Rodgers, who has a weekly ticket give away (some sort of hide them and go look for them game), instead, he gives this weeks tickets to the local police departments to show that he supports law enforcement and he is thrown under the bus by some as not "buying total in" to what the players/NFL is trying to do. REALLY?!?!

Plus, the discussion of some folks in the stands yelling USA, USA as being un-American because is it yelling to be a disruption to the Anthem because it is supposed to be serious (please read this as sarcasm from those who made this statement) to supporting only the white side of the issue or the fact that some players were not a total buy-in on the protest because they didn't totally lock arms because they had a hand over their heart.

In my mind, the only time the Nation Anthem is political is during international competition when it is US vs THEM on the friendly field of sports competition.

farmer
SEOP

Re: Today's offensive rant...

Post by farmer »

I remember on Mike and Mike when the riots outside St Louis when happened. Saying that people want to get away from what is going on in the world. Sports offers a get away. They were happy to offer a get away with their show. Also there are reporters who can give a better story to what is going on. Sports are suppose to be fun for the players and for those watching.

Since that time news wants to slant the truth. They like chaos. Not the truth. Even when somethings are proved to had been wrong. That story is not reported or just a short story that most people do not hear about.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Espn is used for my catching up on college games and thats it

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Michael Bennett of the Seahawks who is very outspoken on the protests was involved in a situation after a Boxing Match in Vegas.

The Los Vegas Police released info on the findings of what happened with Michael Bennett.
The Las Vegas Police Department showed a video during the press conference and specifically pointed out it wasn't a race-related attack as many patrons in the area were also black, like Bennett. Lombardo took reporters through a step-by-step explanation of the video showing Bennett's movements and why police reacted to him.

Bennett was shown running behind the slot machines in a crouched down position and then he started to run for the exit. Officers chased after Bennett as he jumped over a railing.

Once Bennett was in handcuffs, a police officer said in the video, "We hear somebody shooting in there. Everybody's down, you're running."

Bennett said, "I was trying to get out."

The officer replied, "I understand but you've got to understand how that looks though."

After cops determined Bennett wasn't the shooter, they asked for an ID. He said, "Michael Bennett. Seattle Seahawks. Look it up."

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

^^^^^Just another over paid thug thinking they can get by with anything.. seattle look it up yea star power saving your ass

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Money has ruin the game !

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

As long as the NFL disrespects MY country and my flag/anthem, the NFL will no longer be invited into MY home.

Return to “Pro Sports”