MARV LEWIS GETS A 2 YEAR EXTENTION

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MARV LEWIS GETS A 2 YEAR EXTENTION

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Re: MARV LEWIS GETS A 2 YEAR EXTENTION

Post by farmer »

Also resigns OC Bill Lazor. Not like the offense with the talent it had done much at all.
Would luv to have Matt Patricia from the Pats run the coaching staff. As well as force the players to play as a team or leave. Oh wellthe fans can't even be like the Cubs fans looking forward to next year. The Browns have more hope than the Bengals

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

More years of wallering around in mediocrity and underachieving, Thanks Mikey!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

matt patricia will be a head coach somewhere next year I spect. would have loved to have had him in stripes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

are the bengals showing signs of the front office ways like in Cleveland?????????????????????????/

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was thinking that after I posted my last rant. A more perfect job would be up there with Hue where he can win one game his first year and go winless the next and still keep his job. I even heard some people in the Cleveland media talking last night how Jackson has been doing some rumbling about how he no longer wants to be there. Jimmy must be watching Mikey on how to run a team.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Hey, winning and attendance do not enhance Mike Brown's profits or equity in the team. The Bengals are worth one billion dollars, and I doubt Mikey has much of his own money invested.

Side note: 2017 was the Bengals 50th season. It is sad to see what the franchise has become.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Marvs first few years was the bad drafts picks each year. Lately the drafts have been pretty good. To get depth to where just 3 years ago top 3 to even #1 in talent on paper in the NFL. That is part of the trouble of getting the most out of players on the field and making the right calls to win the games. Marv is a great guy will be an alright coach but his win percentage in big games is close to my wins in the NFL. Marv was brought in as a defensive mastermind of the Ravens His Bengals teams did not play defense until Zimmer came in. Then on a decline since he left. When he left the players and talent was still there. Marv is not the guy to lead this team. He has had a lot of his players saying he is the guy to led the Bengals. So keep him and get the same results as the players are not being pushed to improve on the field. Instead of the would have should have comments from the players and fans. Excitement for the upcoming season is very low.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

To think i really got into football around 2001 or so around age 13 i have never really seen a different coach lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 pm Marvs first few years was the bad drafts picks each year. Lately the drafts have been pretty good. To get depth to where just 3 years ago top 3 to even #1 in talent on paper in the NFL. That is part of the trouble of getting the most out of players on the field and making the right calls to win the games. Marv is a great guy will be an alright coach but his win percentage in big games is close to my wins in the NFL. Marv was brought in as a defensive mastermind of the Ravens His Bengals teams did not play defense until Zimmer came in. Then on a decline since he left. When he left the players and talent was still there. Marv is not the guy to lead this team. He has had a lot of his players saying he is the guy to led the Bengals. So keep him and get the same results as the players are not being pushed to improve on the field. Instead of the would have should have comments from the players and fans. Excitement for the upcoming season is very low.
you are absolutely right farmer. the talent has been there.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Omega wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:15 pm Hey, winning and attendance do not enhance Mike Brown's profits or equity in the team. The Bengals are worth one billion dollars, and I doubt Mikey has much of his own money invested.

Side note: 2017 was the Bengals 50th season. It is sad to see what the franchise has become.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Do not confuse on-field performance with profits. It's why the Browns field a dreadful team, have over $100M in cap space and still Jimmy Truckstop is cashing in. Why would he invest? It's stupid money and stupid football people are cashing in. THAT'S why the TV audience is declining. Not because of some Trumped up (sorry) thing about about players kneeling. (Did you notice that is waning? ) It's because owners are taking us sheep to the slaughter. I love football but until revenue = results on the field, this won't change.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

great points dazed.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Reports are Bengals will be losing DC Paul Gunther to the Raiders. Who with the defensive players he has had should of gotten more out of. Having that D Line not attacking the QB most of the time. The talent they have should have been top 10 in sacks. One report said that Marv would have more control over who is on his staff. Already the O Line coach has left after 24 years. Big shakeups in coaches all over. Just do not see the proven ones having the Bengals very high on their list of teams to go to.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Cinn. Has a good team ,but sometimes change is the best for both sides !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:31 am
Omega wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:15 pm Hey, winning and attendance do not enhance Mike Brown's profits or equity in the team. The Bengals are worth one billion dollars, and I doubt Mikey has much of his own money invested.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Do not confuse on-field performance with profits. It's why the Browns field a dreadful team, have over $100M in cap space and still Jimmy Truckstop is cashing in. Why would he invest? It's stupid money and stupid football people are cashing in. THAT'S why the TV audience is declining. Not because of some Trumped up (sorry) thing about about players kneeling. (Did you notice that is waning? ) It's because owners are taking us sheep to the slaughter. I love football but until revenue = results on the field, this won't change.
I will agree with that

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we are going to be flat out starting over in my opinion. we better have a great draft.
I hate losing the o line coach more than Gunther.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

WR Coach James Urban goes to the Ravens.
A name for DC Ken Norton. Brings in a tough hard nosed coach. A new approach and kick in the pants some of these guys need. Also former Bengal Player Ray Horton who learned under Dick LeBeau.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Bengals get Teryl Austin from the Lions as DC. Teryl was a name being mentioned for some head coaching jobs. Maybe he is being brought in to take over when Marv leaves. If Marv ever leaves.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This season was defined by bad o-line play. Face it they missed on Ogbuehi and Fisher, I think I could bull rush Ogbuehi. The refusal to spend money in needed places and rely simply on draft picks and keeping their own has finally come to bite them in the butt. S. Williams and Illoka between the 2 they don't have a safety that could cover their shadow. Let the line fall to pieces and how they keep letting Bodine play center is beyond me, go back to when we were double digit wins it was the freakin o-line giving up fewest sacks in the league or close to it. Williams Jackson is a player, let Adam Jones go bye, now. Spend some money on free agents and stop relying on the fact you think you hit on every draft pick and keep them for cheap for 4-5 years and can continue to win year in and year out. It's very frustrating, get a playmaker at WR to go opposite green like we had in Marvin Jones and put Boyd or Ross (if every healthy, dumb pick) in the slot. You've got Gio and Mixon 2 big play RBs if we can block up front. For as bad as this team was we were really only 2-3 players away from double digit win season. By the way why draft a kicker 5th round, have a tight race in preseason and decide to cut him the kid that can hit from 55-60 yards out, WOW that one shocked me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

goose I agree with you about dang near everything you said. I been saying for a long time our o-tackles are too big to move and pretty unathletic in my opinion. I'd have parted with jones and burfict years ago. burfict is a top 3 linebacker if he just plays football and leaves it at that at the whistle. his trouble is now that he is concentrating more on football than antics. is that he plays so violently he continues to inure himself. and free agency has been almost non existent for bengals and their fans in these recent years. look at the players we have lost, sanu, jones, whitworth, zeitler, burkhead, the list goes on and on. we had the talent to play with anyone, just didn't have the coaching. I'm very frustrated by this latest extention. I never saw that coming at all. and i'll say it till I'm blue in the face, draft every buckeye you can get your hands on. can you imagine getting an elflein at center, a zeke as a back, etc. it's about winning and putting butts in seats. you gotta figure with Cleveland and cincy both being in ohio. probably 95% of the fans in either stadium are ohio state buckeye fans. just makes sense to me to draft em. whoever drafts them they are starting where they are picked when the season starts. and the bengals have a crazy, hungry, fun fanbase that craves a winner , and a title. ------------------- but just like I feel urban put jt above the team this year for jt's gain. I feel that brown is just as complacent with mediocrity and is unwilling to make a big change or go after a big hire, like a jon gruden or the like.

Return to “Pro Sports”