Who Will The Brown Take In The Draft? And will it matter?

mitchcope23
Waterboy

Who Will The Brown Take In The Draft? And will it matter?

Post by mitchcope23 »

??????????????

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Who Will The Brown Take In The Draft? And will it matter?

Post by Geronimo »

Trade down for the one pick ?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Not sure who they take. But IMO there is no team saving qbs in the 1st rd this year. You take barkley and chubb if left

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Browns front office is so incompetent as to winning, the draft is just a "hope springs eternal" thing for Dog Pound fans. The NFL needs to buy the franchise and put it on the auction block. Sorry Cleveland, no NFL for you.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

sign cousins, draft barkely 1, Fitzpatrick 4........not likely to happen for the brownies though

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Cleveland still have professional football?

As a life long Browns fan, as far as I am concerned, the real Browns are in Baltimore doing business as the Ravens.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

First is what are they doing with the QB? Trade ,free agent and or drafting. Drafting a lot of talk is Mayfield from Oklahoma. If that is so draft him at 4. Many saythat leaves Barkley at 1. If they really want Mayfield they could trade #4 pick to someone wanting a different QB. May package that with some draft picks to still get a high enough pick to get Mayfield and some other picks in the first 2 rounds. Or multiple teams trading then trading that pick. Maybe trading Kiser also.

Need to find out what Joe Thomas is doing. He has sure been going out talking on social media and sports shows. Need to get OT or 2 in the draft. Have to be able to block for whoever is QB to win. Some of Jackson's play calls took to much time to develop. As well as the look out blocks.

Make sure to draft players who do not have Big Red Flags. As well as draft players who have some smarts not like some in the past

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Mister Bee wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:37 pm Cleveland still have professional football?

As a life long Browns fan, as far as I am concerned, the real Browns are in Baltimore doing business as the Ravens.
true that

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OK, I'm a lifelong Browns fan, too. And my lifetime is probably a little longer then most who say that. When the Browns were good, they had a decent QB,a great running game and a decent defense. We have Kizer. He was abused his rookie year. Doesn't mean he is junk. I'd go get Bridgewater, deal out of the #1 pick for a fortune, draft Lamar Jackson in second round and get a great DB with #4 (Fitzpatrick), which allows you to use Peppers as he was intended. Need a replacement for Thomas. Get a great WR with an extra 1st round pick, and fill the darn holes in your roster. AND, I'd show Hue the door. Quit deflecting blame and develop some talent. Kizer could still be something you want. Plenty of good RBs in the 3rd round

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree with Bridgewater but I would stay away from Jackson, he seems like too much of a runner to be an NFL QB, plus his small frame will get him killed in the NFL with all that running around. The college QBs don't impress me all that much, Darnold was a beast last year but couldn't live up to that this year. Rosen just doesn't sound like he is thrilled with Cleveland. Hey Johnny said he would play for free! Jimmy could bring him back and save money for his truckstop litigation :lol:

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Cody Kessler should be there starting QB

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

cbolt wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:38 pm I agree with Bridgewater but I would stay away from Jackson, he seems like too much of a runner to be an NFL QB, plus his small frame will get him killed in the NFL with all that running around. The college QBs don't impress me all that much, Darnold was a beast last year but couldn't live up to that this year. Rosen just doesn't sound like he is thrilled with Cleveland. Hey Johnny said he would play for free! Jimmy could bring him back and save money for his truckstop litigation :lol:
I'm telling you I've got a feeling. Jackson sits for a year, bulks up and learns the pro game. Meanwhile, Bridgewater plays and helps steady the franchise. Even if Kizer needs to play, he will be improved. But Hue is over his skis as head coach. Trade #1 for a fortune and build around the QB position.

thekinggambler
Waterboy

Post by thekinggambler »

I hope they take the running back at one and then a QB at 4. I kinda hope they take Mayfield. The 2nd round they need to take wide receivers!!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The QB talk keeps changing from who you talk with and who are throwing smokescreens out. Barkley has gotten a lot of people talking about can't miss. But just like Gurley had been with the Rams as an alright RB until they got offensive line blocking. A RB needs blocking so that needs to be addressed. Kind of sounds like it will be Barkley at #1 and Mayfield at #4. That can change easily with acquiring a QB.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I still think the Browns will deal one of the 1st round picks if Dorsey thinks he can get a QB later. I'm not sold on any of the frontrunners as franchise QBs, which is why you select one at #1. If you deal 1 away, take Fitzpatrick at 4. If you deal 4 away, take Barkley at 1. The Browns simply can't run the ball and until they do, whoever they have at QB will struggle.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The trading of picks right now is like at a bar with the GM's all drunk making up stories. Seeing who they can get to jump. Dorsey has said he is open to talk. Been some big trades happening and some big time players going to be released like Sherman from Seattle and Matheiu from Arizona. Neither would want to go to Cleveland. Joe Thomas says he will have an answer if he will return by April 1. With all the QB's out there would be hard to see any of the starting the first game of the season for any team.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Trades today make the Browns better and gives options. Getting WR Landry from the Dolphins. Sending QB Kiser to the Packers for CB Randal. After trading for Bills QB Tyrod Taylor. Makes drafting RB Barkley closer to reality at #1. The #4 pick now may now be traded so the Browns can move back. Maybe allowing them to sit a QB to learn or even the option if they like QB Lamar Jackson who is more like Taylor than the other QB's.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree farmer that Barkley won't be very effective if he don't get better blocking. Crow had some pretty good games when he got blocking. Not sold on Taylor, he probably won't be much better than Kizer in a Browns uniform. Was hoping they could snag Keenum or Bridgwater instead. Neither of them would probably want to come to Cleveland anyway!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Taylor is a better QB than Kiser. They got rid of his WR's in Buffalo last season. He is more like what Dorsey had in KC with Alex Smith. A manager who can make some plays but will not force to many to make turnovers. Taylor learned that as a backup at the Ravens.
The Shelton trade to the Pats I don't understand. Played better last year than his rookie season. Seemed to be a dependable player. Could be more to this and could be setting up another Browns have been dealing with the Pats the last few years but did not the QB last year Jimmy G. Shelton should fit in well with the Pats.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Taylor may not excite people but he doesn't throw it to the other color uniform much. That alone is an improvement. Shelton didn't live up to the spot he was drafted at. We run the 4-3. He doesn't fit that style. Also, some of these trades were meant to send a message. Earn your pay or hit the road. Hopefully Hue gets the message, too

Return to “Pro Sports”