Who Will The Brown Take In The Draft? And will it matter?

farmer
SEOP

Re: Who Will The Brown Take In The Draft? And will it matter?

Post by farmer »

Kessler is a back up QB. I do not think Jackson helped him out much. More talk and poor play calling at times. Play calling not matching the blocking on the field.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns trade Kessler to Jacksonville for a 7th round draft pick. Getting something for a player they would get rid of anyway. Browns continue to make moves. At least they did not go for QB Kaep.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs
Josh Allen: 37
Josh Rosen: 29
Sam Darnold: 28
Baker Mayfield: 25
Lamar Jackson: 13

Josh Allen gets a big plus for his score over the other QB's. With his skills and smarts to be able to handle the NFL playbook and make reads. Lamar Jackson takes a big hit to lower his draft pick with the leak of the scores. Seems like Allen being the Browns pick more likely.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One reporter is hearing a lot from People in the know that the Browns will draft Barkley at #1 and a QB at #4. He did state that this is the Lying Season.

Going on different reports are reporting that Pats QB Brady may not play this season or this is his last season. So the Pats will be looking to trade up and draft a QB. Even if that is the case I could see the Pats trading up to #1 with the Browns with their recent past as trading partners. Then not drafting a QB but taking Barkley at #1 and drafting a QB later since they tend to develop QB's.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns trade QB Kevin Hogan to Washington. For a swap of 6th round picks. As Browns get the 188th pick for their 205th pick.
It is good for Hogan to get a new start since he wasn't in the Browns future plans. I think he can become a solid backup in the NFL if he doesn't get hurt.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If I were running the Browns draft, I'd already have the first card filled out in ink for Josh Allen. The 4th pick would be up for sale. I think in this draft you can drop back in the first round, pick an additional first round pick next year and get some quality players. I keep hearing about the need to get impact players. For an 0-16 team, aren't the free agent guys you picked up going to make an impact on a team that still will not contend for a playoff spot? Continue building the roster and not with fantasy analytics picks.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Players I can go after with additional picks? Derrius Guice, Connor Williams, and a decent corner.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jim Brown wants the Browns to pick Barkley at #1.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not surprising he would think that but I would be really surprised if they did. More likely they would take him at 4 . Pretty sure Dorsey wants that franchise QB at number 1.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Not sure Barkley will be there at #4. But the many Mock Drafts and rumors are all over the place. Reports are the Browns have not received a credible offer for the #1 pick but did not mention any offers for #4. Anything might happen or not happen.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well, they ARE the Browns. Mayfield? I'm not inclined to say he's another Johnny Manziel but he's definitely not the second coming of Brian Sipe (smallish QB) either. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. After a decent off season, a clunker of a draft to start the Dorsey regime

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Mayfield could be the QB has a ways to go. I hope Taylor picks up the system and shines with the weapons he will have. So Mayfield can work on his game. Ward is a good pick and need for the Browns. Now how do they follow that up with the second round picks.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I think in some way they need to get a lineman since Thomas retired. Perhaps Connor Williams but I don't take him with the 33rd pick. I know the Browns phone will be ringing for that pick. If you can identify someone you like in the 3rd and get another pick, I'd do that. No impact players left but plenty of solid players

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Then do the Brown's draft Mayfields team mate Brown at tackle. Who dropped fast in after the season workouts. There are plenty of solid players at many positions left. Time to draft the best fit.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Also, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield in the AFC North? Wow, how will that play out?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I think Brown is a better fit as a guard than left tackle in the NFL. If you're going with Mayfield, he'll make a lot of plays out of the pocket. Brown was serviceable in college but with DEs in the NFL running 4.4 40s, I don't see it.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

What if the Browns would've taken Barkley #1? It would've shook up the whole draft. Would someone have then paid a kings ransom for that #4 pick? If not, how about Barkley at 1, Chubb at 4, and then come back late in the round to get Lamar Jackson? How would we be looking at the Browns if that happened?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 am What if the Browns would've taken Barkley #1? It would've shook up the whole draft. Would someone have then paid a kings ransom for that #4 pick? If not, how about Barkley at 1, Chubb at 4, and then come back late in the round to get Lamar Jackson? How would we be looking at the Browns if that happened?
THE SCENARIO I WISHED FOR THAT FELL THROUGH....O WELL . USED TO IT BY NOW

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I liked the idea of getting Jackson at QB to work with Taylor. Barkley and the other WR's would make that an offense hard to stop. No matter who the Browns picked people would pick at every little thing that QB has done.
Brown at tackle was seen as a top 5 talent by some but closer look I believe also more of a guard

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Mayfield's passing pedigree was quite a bit better than Jackson's in college. Yea he played in the swiss cheese defense Big 12 but lets not forget how he shredded the great OSU defense (who demolished Darnold) and had a good game against Georgia's 6th rated defense. Jackson can pass but looks like he prefers running which will eventually get you killed in the NFL. People think Mayfield is too short but Dorsey pointed out he had the least amount of batted down passes of any of the other QBS. Don't know what to think of the 4th pick. Ward has good speed but his height could cause a problem against the big receivers in the AFC North, lets hope he don't turn out to be another Gilbert. I say take lineman now or a linebacker.

Return to “Pro Sports”