2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

Mister Bee
Varsity

2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

Post by Mister Bee »

The new look Buccos, minus McCutchen and Cole, are a surprising 5-1 to start the season.

As a long suffering Pirate fan I was disappointed that both of what appeared to be cornerstones McCutchen and Cole were dealt away in the off season for what appears to be not much. But, we will just have to let this play out.

Pittsburgh is young and it will be interesting to see how this teams gels.

Will Polanco finally live up to his billing and IF the Pirates are in the race come the trading deadline, will they deal him and SS Mercer or 2nd baseman Harrison to gain more undeveloped talent? I just don't see our front office or owner Nutting going out and getting anyone that will help make a playoff push.

I am guessing a .500 Pirate team at best.

Pirates will ask the starting pitchers to go 5 or 6 innings at most and then turn it over to the bullpen to seal the deal. Rivero as the closer appears solid but everyone else appears untested.

Still, I would rather be 5-1 than 1-5 which is what most everyone thought we would be at this point.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

Post by Mister Bee »

Bucs 8 Cubs 5

Nova goes 7 strong and the bullpen wobbles but gets the job done.

Bucco bats keep coming thru with timely hitting and we have 5 everyday players hitting .320 and above and none of them are named Polanco or Marte.

Yes, it is early in a very long season but we have a 3 game lead in the NL Central so I am just enjoying a very surprising start to the year.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Nationals 3 Bucs 2 in the first game of a 4 series set.

Bucs set a franchise record for most wins in April with 17 and ended April with a .5 game lead in the NL Central.

Bucco bats have been somewhat surprising at the start of the season but have cooled off in the past week or so.

Pitching, starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise while the bullpen struggled it has settled down in the last 2 weeks.

Starting 2nd baseman Josh Harrison sidelined for 6 weeks with a broken finger. Getting him back will be a plus as his spot is being filled by committee.

Off season pickups Colin Moran 3B and Corey Dickerson LF have also been a plus for us.

A lot of baseball to be played but to date, the Bucs so some promise.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Bucs take 2 of 3 from the Giants on McCutchen's return to Pittsburgh.

Bucs are a surprising 23-17 and a half game out of first in the log jammed NL Central.

The Chicago Pale Hose invade the Burgh Tuesday for a short series.

Raise the Colors Mate!

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Bucs take game 1 of a 4 series set vs the Swinging Friars by a 5-4 score.

Pirates (26-17)are in first place in the NL Central with a 1/2 game lead over the Brew Crew (26-18).

HOIST THE COLORS MATE!!!

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Avast Mates, the ship is sinking fast.

Bucs have lost 9 of the last 11. Relief pitching can't hold a lead.

Cubs take the first 2 games. We need a win tonight in the worst way.

Hoist the colors matey!

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Bucs 2 Cubs 1

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Bucs salvage a win in game 3. Lead by their SP Musgrove with 7IP and 1 earned run and a terrific slide into 2nd base that breaks up the DP and causes both benches to clear when Biaz takes exception on the slide. LOL.

Bucs travel to Ol St Louie for a 4 game set vs the Redbirds.

We need to do no worse then a 2-2 split.

HOIST THE COLORS MATE!!!

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

An unlikely 11 game winning streak has allowed the Bucs to creep back in the NL Central race.

With the trading deadline just around the corner, I don't see the Pirate being buyers but rather sellers. Look for SS Mercer and 2nd baseman Harrison and SP Nova to be on the trading block.

If Pirate fans had a say in it, we would sell our owner for someone who wants to try and win.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”