SEOP

Re: 2018 Pittsburg Steelers !

Post by Geronimo »

Give me a " D " I can believe in ?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Get back from the ledge guys. :lol: It's only pre season.You cant hardly practice any more and you don't play your starters or at least not to this point.Many other teams have way more problems than the Steelers.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

But when the D -backs look the same ,with different DB's the question will be there?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:03 pm But when the D -backs look the same ,with different DB's the question will be there?
I think we'll get a better overall look at the team Saturday.The starters will play most if not all the first half.Or they should.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Steelers acquire Ryan Switzer from Oakland for a 6th round pick. This will allow Switzer to take over punt returns from Antonio Brown to prevent him from injury. Maybe kick returns also. Switzer has good hands and runs good routes. As well as if the Steelers and Raiders may want to trade superstars in Bell and Mack.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That would make some news!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Who will get let go On the QB side ?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Steelers let go of Landry Jones. Dobbs showed a lot of improvement from his rookie season. Jones is a backup and good sideline player. The Steelers are looking for a replacement for Big Ben. So this makes sense for now and the future.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good move !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Bell no show today ?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I think Bell is wanting the big money the elite defense guys got. He is thinking/dreaming about what he can get. Not coming in for camp but then no show the week before the first game does not sit well with management. Let him sit out and take offers from other teams.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Trade him if your not going to give him the money !
Show up week 8 ? Then play hurt in the long run?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Pouncey and Foster two offensive linemen put their names to quotes for Bell not being there. HArd to run well when you tick off your offensive line.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

If I'm Bell, which I am not, I come in about three weeks from now, play out this season, take dives to avoid injury and ply the free agent market next year.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

If I am another team, I would have a hard time paying him top money after this charade. He is talented as all get out but is he worth all the baggage he brings with him? Also how many more good years has he got left in him? A running back's lifespan is short lived anymore.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Also can't forget him going thur the motions in the last playoff game. Great talent when on. It is more about money than the team game. Would be very hard to find a team to put up with him. He wants guarantee money but can't guarantee him being all in. I just hope Connor balls out as well as the backups. So the Steelers do not need him and get rid of him.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The weather can effect the game. With rains as well as being in the 60's. Turnovers and players keeping their feet is a big part of the game. Which makes either team can win if mistakes happen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Terrible !

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Bell tweets after the game an emoji with an eyeglass or whatever that is. Then when someone responds to him. He says he was not throwing shade at the Steelers. Just he never saw a tie. My opinion on that is if he is not signed and sitting out he should not be putting anything out there. Since he could be helping the team. Seems like he is trying to tick off the Steelers to go elsewhere. Which limits his options with his tweet.

Steelers to many turnovers. Third quarter they dominated. Only to give the Browns life. The Artie Burns baby fit will cost him money. The defense played well and all over the QB. They ran the ball good even though Connor fumbled once. Switzer is going to be a very good pickup for them. Just one game in the rain. Now just if the Bell Drama effects the team on and off the field.

Return to “Pro Sports”