Warriors v Cavs Part IV

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Warriors v Cavs Part IV

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

farmer wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:48 pm James is easily the best to ever play the game, but by going to the Lakers he has now played in his last Finals.
No he is not the best to play the game. He picked the players HE WANTED AS WELL AS THE COACH. This is a team game and he was unable to bring the attitudes around to play a team game.Then doesn't let the Cavs know before the draft so they could prepare the team for next season. Great talent not the best to ever play the team sport.
Farmer, sounds like you were hanging out side by side when all of this went down. Could this be true? Let me rephrase my original statement. "James is the best PLAYER of all time."

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

78 What are you smokin ! Don't open that can of worms ! To many great players!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:48 am
farmer wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:48 pm James is easily the best to ever play the game, but by going to the Lakers he has now played in his last Finals.
No he is not the best to play the game. He picked the players HE WANTED AS WELL AS THE COACH. This is a team game and he was unable to bring the attitudes around to play a team game.Then doesn't let the Cavs know before the draft so they could prepare the team for next season. Great talent not the best to ever play the team sport.
Farmer, sounds like you were hanging out side by side when all of this went down. Could this be true? Let me rephrase my original statement. "James is the best PLAYER of all time."
I could care less where he plays. Basketball is still a team game. Best player of all time would not cry as much as LeBron did in this years playoffs when a call didn't go his way.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

One could never definitively determine who the greatest player ever is. Too many great players playing in too many eras of the game.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

74% career Free Throw.
You can't forget before going to Miami not wanting to take the game winning shot in most games. James post season play this year was great but all time greatest is for the career not just a few season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

There is no way to declare one player from different eras the GOAT! Jordan did some did things better than Bronny, a couple things that come to mind is Jordan was a better defender off the dribble. I saw Bronny get smoked a few times guarding smaller quicker players on top. I never saw anyone blow by Jordan in his heyday. Also Jordan was a MUCH better free throw shooter and probably better outside shooter if you combine their whole careers. LA bron is a better player down low and is stronger muscling players around. Let's just say he is the best of this era and leave it at that. Bronny himself even said that at one point that you cant compare players from different eras. I knew this was coming for a long time so it doesn't shock or hurt me any, kinda sad because everyone knows the Cavs are going back to pre bronny now. Meanwhile Bronny's run of finals is over. No way are they getting by GS unless they get lucky and GS has a slew of catastrophic injuries! Bronny will come limping back and retire I am sure.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Odds that Cavaliers win 2019 NBA Finals. 100-1
Odds that Browns win 2019 Super Bowl. 66-1😄

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Demarcus Cousins signs a 1 year contract with Golden State All Stars.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Cousins took very little salary compared to what he could have elsewhere to join them. I legitimately think they could go undefeated, if there are no injuries. They are also talking about signing Jamaal Crawford, who was the NBA's 6th man of the year this season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

And the rich get richer! Must be pretty good for TV ratings because they been good.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

To be honest, I probably won't watch the NBA at all next year, unless I catch a Cavs game or two on TV or decide to watch the finals.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I know one thing the days of seeing the Cavs on those big national telecasts are over. About the only one I could see is when Bronny comes back in a Lakers uni. I will be curious to see how many people show up to the games now. It would be great if they proved us all wrong and were in contention for a playoff spot but I keep thinking how bad they were when Bronny was not there. :cry:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

LBJ was most definitely the CAVS...Celtics are the new beast of the east

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:53 pm LBJ was most definitely the CAVS...Celtics are the new beast of the east
This! Go Green!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

LBJ not a fan! And what he's doing for where he came from made me Change my mind about him !

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

GSW splash nation

Return to “Pro Sports”