Cleveland Browns 2018

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Cleveland Browns 2018

Post by cbolt »

Browns defense was lights out again after a subpar game last week! Schobert played like an MVP and Ward had a good game ( would be great if he tackled better). Browns offense struggled a lot with penalties and negative yardage plays but that was a tough defense they went against. They clamped down on Big Ben last week. But when they needed plays the most Baker and the Boyz got er done with clutch plays. Mayfield really showed his moxie today. The one interception he had wasn't even all his fault as it was obvious him and the receiver miscommunicated. Hyde ran hard and determined, the punter had a great game today helping the Browns pin the Ravens back. Peppers fair catches way too much on punt returns. I was really worried that kicker was going to choke again after missing an extra point. I don't blame him for the 55 yard bomb Jackson laid on him at the end of regulation. Jackson should have went for it there, but that knuckleballer to end it was really scary looking. It reminded me of the first Lancaster Logan game when the Lancaster kicker hit a low knuckleball from about 40 yards that split the uprights when time ran out to give Logan a heartbreaking loss in 2004. Cleveland finally has a GM who knows what he is doing the way these picks of his are performing. I see good things ahead for the Brownies. I still doubt they will have a winning record when it is all said and done but it will look like they made the Super Bowl after these pathetic years they have had. Next year playoffs! They have got to cut out these stupid penalties if they want to go to the next level. Also need to keep Mayfield healthy, he has meant so much for this offense! The defense seems to be playoff caliber right now, bend but do not break. just hope they can keep it up. They are ranked 23 right now which is kind of surprising but the Oakland game probably had a lot to do with that.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

here go brownies here we go ruff ruff!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Browns just aren't doing the little things that good teams do. Throw the special teams out of it, because we all know how bad that is. Little things like Gaines not making the diving pick which allowed the Ravens to pin the Browns deep, yet again toward the end of the game. Receivers continuing to drop passes. Our pass rush outside of Garrett was non-existant yesterday. Ogbah has to step up, because Garrett is just getting double & triple teamed because nobody else can't get to the QB consistently.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

There are lots of things to be optimistic about for Browns fans. I've just had Lucy pull the football away too many times to be giddy. Pieces are accumulating. The sad (or good) thing is that has only started happening the last year or so. So many wasted multiple first round picks, many who aren't even in football now, are testaments to the futility we have been through as Browns fans. We need more pieces but I need to feel the talent we have now is being developed beyond their raw talent. I still don't see many signs the coaching staff is getting all they can from the players. Penalties and poor special teams play are inexcusable. We can't rely on super plays from Mayfield and Ward to keep rescuing us.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:54 am There are lots of things to be optimistic about for Browns fans. I've just had Lucy pull the football away too many times to be giddy. Pieces are accumulating. The sad (or good) thing is that has only started happening the last year or so. So many wasted multiple first round picks, many who aren't even in football now, are testaments to the futility we have been through as Browns fans. We need more pieces but I need to feel the talent we have now is being developed beyond their raw talent. I still don't see many signs the coaching staff is getting all they can from the players. Penalties and poor special teams play are inexcusable. We can't rely on super plays from Mayfield and Ward to keep rescuing us.
that's well said

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

No TV in our area for the game. Probably a good thing. Like I said, don't drink the Kool Aid just yet. I hope I'm wrong but this coaching staff can't get out of it's own way. Lined up offsides on opening kickoff? Butts need to be kicked there.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

yes I agree dazed......maybe been for the best no TV in our area for the ballgame.......lined up offsides on opening kickoff?????......my goodness I did not know that..........still yet to see a good set of highlights from the game

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Disappointing effort by the Browns yesterday. They looked like the Browns of the past 2 years. They seemed disinterested for most of the game. Drops were again a problem, but Baker struggled. He seemed confused a lot. Defense had no answer for the run game. Just looked like a lack of effort.

Side note, I'd like to see Nick Chubb get more involved in the offense.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The WR position is thin with injuries hurts the offense. Maybe getting more out of multiple TE's and running the ball more. Maybe playing Duke Johnson at WR more to get him on the field. If still needing help maybe bring Peppers over for some plays. At least give the defense something to worry about. He sure has not done much on kick returns.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

This is the first game the Browns were not even in this year. So is it laying an egg on their part or did San Diego study tape and show other teams the way to beat the Browns? I didn't see the game so I can't really get a feel. I think this is where the Browns either learn and get better or fold like a cheap lawn chair.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 am This is the first game the Browns were not even in this year. So is it laying an egg on their part or did San Diego study tape and show other teams the way to beat the Browns? I didn't see the game so I can't really get a feel. I think this is where the Browns either learn and get better or fold like a cheap lawn chair.
Phillip Rivers said he knew exactly what the Browns defense was doing. That being said, I imagine Rivers knows exactly what most defenses are doing. SD is talked about as one of the top 5 teams in the league. Sure I would've liked a better showing by the Browns, but one blowout doesn't make me concerned that they're just going to lay down the rest of the season. Hopefully Mayfield get healthy, he wasn't the same after hurting his ankle. I don't know if Perriman will make a difference, but we really need help at WR right now.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Another partial game by the Browns. After the Safety they didn't do much in the first half. Started to turn it up and was playing good at the end of the game. Penalties gave away 6 first downs. Many after stopping them on 3rd down. Can't keep helping the other team out. Was a Pepper sighting returning kicks. Getting rid of Hyde and turning the running game over to a rookie who only had 2 or 3 carries a game. He did alright but took away Hyde as a veteran runner and locker room guy. Chubb is talented but he also shared time at Georgia. Offensive line does not seem to be getting better. As Zeitler is not close to what he was as a Bengal.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Had better things to do than sit and watch this continuation of Hard Knocks. They should still be filming Browns and label it The Reality. And hey, until he plays consistantly well, the jury is still out on Mayfield. One thing is for sure, the friction between Hue and Todd is reaching defcon 3. Both should be gone at season's end.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Browns lose like only the Browns can. Hue has to be on the way out. This team is much too undisciplined, and that falls on the head man.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Trying to guess what catastrophe befalls the Browns in Pittsburgh. Whatever it is has to be embarrassing. At least we don't have to play them anymore this year after Sunday. And we should have a better coach next year.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Report by CBS Sports says Todd Haley may be fired very soon. I'd say after this game and then Hue at the bye. Need a clean slate next year.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

There is no excuse for this. It must be over for this coaching staff. Haley can't call plays for Mayfield and Hue is no head coach. Jesus, Jimmy just can't get it right. You let your new GM hire his own coach.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The offensive line gets no help in play calling. Allowing the Steelers to have a free run at Mayfield without even being touched. Dupree had the snap count timed up to get the jump on Harrison. Putting Harrison at a big disadvantage for most of the game. The Browns get back in the game and the defense is wore out.
Might have made a little difference to score TD's instead of kicking FG's/ Then not able to convert kicks. Then the help by the officials before a Steeler TD. Moving the ball up a yard. To make the fourth down pass easier to get a first down. This season the refs have made some bad calls to go against the Browns. The Browns need a spark. Getting rid of Hyde has effected this team some.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Hue has been fired. Now go get Lincoln Riley.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OC Todd Haley also fired. Wow both are now gone. Now who replaces them.

Return to “Pro Sports”