Cleveland Browns 2018

farmer
SEOP

Re: Cleveland Browns 2018

Post by farmer »

Browns have gotten back the spark they had at the start of the season. Not being held back with Jackson and the friction with Haley.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

lets that spark carries them through a good second half of the season....get some meaningful wins , knock some teams out of the playoffs and head into the off season with tons to build upon and continue to get better....the pieces are there

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Still have a bunch of draft picks and cap space. With Dorsey handling those, we can be much better in a couple of years. Lock Jimmy out of the office!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Hairball could be done at Michigan with that beat down at the hands of the BUCKEYES! Man, I hope the Browns dont hire him......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

We have to see if the Browns can build off this latest win. They travel to Houston, where they always have problems. The Texans are on a win streak but aren't flashy and under the radar. The only thing going for the Browns is Houston has a division game tonight so they will be on a short week.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns have a good chance to win more games. I am not a fan of keeping Williams as head coach. Keeping him as DC is alright.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I wanna see how the season plays out before I decide whether or not I'd like to see Williams stay as head coach. This team is playing hard for him, and seem to really believe in Kitchens as a play caller. Sometimes the big, splash hire isn't want you need, consistency is. If they continue to play hard, and win some games, I could see myself on the side of keeping Williams.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

farmer wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am Browns have a good chance to win more games. I am not a fan of keeping Williams as head coach. Keeping him as DC is alright.
You're either all in or not with Williams. I'm not saying I think he should be coach but if not, thank him and wish him well. What I'm seeing from the Browns right now I haven't seen since BELICHICK was coach.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

dazed&confused wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 pm
farmer wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am Browns have a good chance to win more games. I am not a fan of keeping Williams as head coach. Keeping him as DC is alright.
You're either all in or not with Williams. I'm not saying I think he should be coach but if not, thank him and wish him well. What I'm seeing from the Browns right now I haven't seen since BELICHICK was coach.
Just like Hue is a better asst than head coach. If the next coach would want Williams I would leave that as an option.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Browns getting stomped by Texans like I thought they might. Texans are a legitimate AFC Championship contender. I actually like it. Cocky Mayfield needed taken down a peg or two. Long way to go for the Browns. Message to Baker, shut up and play.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

What many players coming into the NFL are not use to losing games. Some will lose more games this year than they did while in college. As there is a lot more football this season. Baker has proved his point already and doesn't need to keep making comments. Just look a former Brown Johnny I am no longer in the NFL.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Packers fire McCarthy. Dorsey has ties to Packers. Head coach with Super Bowl on resume! Here we go Brownies, here we go!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Could be a good move. The Browns do have a good roster with offensive weapons. He should be able to add some excitement to the team and fans.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Mccarthy getting dissed for lack of offensive showings in light of today's fast break offenses. I'll take an offense that is efficient and disciplined.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm Packers fire McCarthy. Dorsey has ties to Packers. Head coach with Super Bowl on resume! Here we go Brownies, here we go!

RUUFFFF RUUUFFFFF

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:53 am Mccarthy getting dissed for lack of offensive showings in light of today's fast break offenses. I'll take an offense that is efficient and disciplined.

i don't care dazed that he is getting dissed......man can win and whens the last time a "known winner" has come to C-L-E???>>>>>........hope they look hard at him....not saying there isn't other options out there......but hes got to be one in the conversation......

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

He has win before. He has had some great players. Not a complete team at times with injuries and positions that are weak. Not comparing the two coaches but one coach who who stayed years in one place with more winning toward the beginning of his career is Jeff Fisher. Who didn't win the Super Bowl but came up inches short. He didn't have the teams in the later years at the Titans. Then thought was a great hire at the Rams and that went down hill quick. Then McVey came in and turned the Rams around. With a different view point

McCarthy won early with a team that was in good shape and had a QB take off. Some good years then going back. Many years not winning to their talent level. Coming up short.

To me not a slam dunk with some holes. Especially with his strained relationship with his QB. As well as his defense going backwards over the last few years. Some can be trouble with those running the team. Which he would have in Cleveland. I think he is to set in his ways. Who would he bring in on his staff? Did have have anything with getting rid of the QB coach last year?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

farmer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 am He has win before. He has had some great players. Not a complete team at times with injuries and positions that are weak. Not comparing the two coaches but one coach who who stayed years in one place with more winning toward the beginning of his career is Jeff Fisher. Who didn't win the Super Bowl but came up inches short. He didn't have the teams in the later years at the Titans. Then thought was a great hire at the Rams and that went down hill quick. Then McVey came in and turned the Rams around. With a different view point

McCarthy won early with a team that was in good shape and had a QB take off. Some good years then going back. Many years not winning to their talent level. Coming up short.

To me not a slam dunk with some holes. Especially with his strained relationship with his QB. As well as his defense going backwards over the last few years. Some can be trouble with those running the team. Which he would have in Cleveland. I think he is to set in his ways. Who would he bring in on his staff? Did have have anything with getting rid of the QB coach last year?
Good assessment and I like seeing it as well from your perpeestive. It’s good to have talk of having a new a coach (this time around) to time come in with finally some talent and guys wanting to be there. Not saying other coaches didn’t put all their heart into it. But whomever it ends up being , I sure hope he’s in it heart n soul with decision that works and and has chemistry with the players. We got some good pieces in place. I just hope we capitalize on this opportunity and add even more.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I think the next head coach should be a good manager. Not necessary to be the OC or DC. Seems that some can't handle that then have to give up control of offense or defense. Even the Steelers Tomlin was on defense but he went to manage instead of being in control of the defense. If you do it that way the team must pay their OC and DC very well. Like the Patriots have done. As well as just because the GM has a relationship with a head coach needs to have others in the process to help to see things from a different point of view.

I think that Joe Thomas should be involved in the coaching search. I like Mike Munchak as a head coach. He did not get much support at the Titans. The way he can coach offensive lines says a lot. A very good offensive line makes the OC and DC job so much easier to do. The Browns offensive line does need help. So the offensive line coach has to be an important part of whoever is the head coach.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

farmer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 pm I think the next head coach should be a good manager. Not necessary to be the OC or DC. Seems that some can't handle that then have to give up control of offense or defense. Even the Steelers Tomlin was on defense but he went to manage instead of being in control of the defense. If you do it that way the team must pay their OC and DC very well. Like the Patriots have done. As well as just because the GM has a relationship with a head coach needs to have others in the process to help to see things from a different point of view.

I think that Joe Thomas should be involved in the coaching search. I like Mike Munchak as a head coach. He did not get much support at the Titans. The way he can coach offensive lines says a lot. A very good offensive line makes the OC and DC job so much easier to do. The Browns offensive line does need help. So the offensive line coach has to be an important part of whoever is the head coach.
Well put!! Like I said before. We have some awfully good pieces in place and hope we can fully maximize this opportunity to go with it.

Return to “Pro Sports”