Dallas Cowboys center out neurological issue

farmer
SEOP

Dallas Cowboys center out neurological issue

Post by farmer »

Dallas Cowboy center Travis Frederick is out for unknown length of time. Travis says he has been diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder that causes weakness in various parts of the body and isn't sure on a timetable for his return.

Frederick said in a statement issued by the team Wednesday that he has received two treatments for Guillain-Barre Syndrome over the past 48 hours and that the treatments will continue for several days. According to the National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke , Guillain-Barre causes the body to attack a network of nerves around the brain and spinal cord.

farmer
SEOP

Re: Dallas Cowboys center out neurological issue

Post by farmer »

Reports out that Fredrick could be out just weeks not months. No timetable giving though.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This stinks as well as all of the other injuries they have.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Sure could have used him today. Prescott needs help to win games. Not a QB for players to know he will make plays. As Dez said they would have won if he was playing. Dallas and drama. Just hope Fredrick can enjoy life with or without football

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Guillain-Barre syndrome...nasty disorder. Ususally treated by intravenous immunoglobulin (s special process from donated blood). Recovery normally takes 6-12 months but has taken up to 3 years in cases.

A niece of a friend had it...hs and college tennis player. I know it rook almost 2 yrs but she os okay now

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Pro Sports”