Raekwon McMillan Reportedly To Have Suffered Torn ACL

Omega
SEOPS H

Raekwon McMillan Reportedly To Have Suffered Torn ACL

Post by Omega »

Pro football fame and fortune can be fleeting. Prayers for the best possible outcome for this former Buckeye:

Miami Dolphins rookie linebacker Raekwon McMillan suffered an injury during Thursday's preseason opener against the Atlanta Falcons.
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald noted McMillan was removed from the game with the knee injury. Later in the game, Andy Slater of 940 AM in Miami reported the Dolphins fear McMillan suffered a torn ACL.
McMillan, 20, was selected by the Dolphins with the No. 54 overall pick in this year's draft. With Koa Misi's offseason spinal fusion surgery, McMillan came into the season with an excellent chance to earn a starting position next to Lawrence Timmons and Kiko Alonso.
Given that Timmons traditionally plays inside linebacker, however, McMillan has had to adjust to taking reps on the outside, as opposed to his more familiar position on the inside.

At Ohio State, McMillan was a tackling machine, accumulating 221 combined in his sophomore and junior seasons. He's shown solid instincts and the ability to play downhill, though his skill set suggested a move to outside linebacker in the NFL was likely.
Because both Timmons and McMillan have positional versatility, however, Dolphins defensive coordinator Matt Burke has the option to utilize both in various schemes and roles. That makes McMillan's injury a potentially major blow for the Dolphins.

With McMillan injured, Neville Hewitt or Mike Hull will likely take his place.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2723 ... vs-falcons

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Raekwon McMillan Reportedly To Have Suffered Torn ACL

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

has anything further been reported on this injury. that just breaks my heart. it's so easy to do. tore mine at 16 my sophomore year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:41 pm has anything further been reported on this injury. that just breaks my heart. it's so easy to do. tore mine at 16 my sophomore year.
It looks like a season ending injury

https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/8/11/ ... i-dolphins

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wow, omega . I just feel gut-kicked. that is so sad. and it will never be right again. even with the most successful re-hab. but hopefully he'll have a long successful career in spite of this setback.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wow the very first play, and accidental contact with a team mate at that. man.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Man! I feel bad for the guy, a heck of a linebacker.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was really excited about watching him. and I love the phin's new jerseys n helmets.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

sad

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “Pro Sports”