Ezekiel Elliott Suspended For Six Games By NFL (Appeal Denied)

Omega
SEOPS H

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended For Six Games By NFL (Appeal Denied)

Post by Omega »

Last edited by Omega on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspended For Six Games By NFL

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think this is a bit excessive. nothing has even been proven yet. if he did it. he deserves it. the nfl is sending a big message it looks like.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

pro ball players and night life don't go together. do something with family and team mates.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This seems more to punish the Cowboys for other players actions. The taking so long to come up with this response is not right. Six games is to much. players get just 4 games for violating the drug policy.
This woman was proved to have lied about a lot of things and have no evidence of his wrong doing. One thing about all of this opens up for people to make up plans to get a player suspended. Makes it easier to set up a player.

Players are going to have to be on the watch now and need to not be in the middle of every party.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

It will get reduced to one game maybe two and wouldn't be surprised if they just took them all away. They probably made it so high knowing they would have to negotiate down with some judge. Elliott has a history of not following the law dating back to his college days, he needs to keep his nose clean from here on out if he wants the league to respect him and not keep lowering the hammer down.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 pm It will get reduced to one game maybe two and wouldn't be surprised if they just took them all away. They probably made it so high knowing they would have to negotiate down with some judge. Elliott has a history of not following the law dating back to his college days, he needs to keep his nose clean from here on out if he wants the league to respect him and not keep lowering the hammer down.
I think you are correct on Elliott having a history. Super alpha males seem never to avoid situations that can jeopardize their fame and fortune. Proven criminality does not have to exist under contracts with moral clauses. Urban Meyer must be a wizard at keeping his players and their digressions under wraps.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/jo ... ing/387731

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Heard Meyer say today he is worried about him. Probably should have worried about him more when he was blowing off court appearances and driving under suspension causing wrecks, but it is what it is.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He is costing himself big bucks.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 pm It will get reduced to one game maybe two and wouldn't be surprised if they just took them all away. They probably made it so high knowing they would have to negotiate down with some judge. Elliott has a history of not following the law dating back to his college days, he needs to keep his nose clean from here on out if he wants the league to respect him and not keep lowering the hammer down.
I agree with what you and farmer said bolt. get this young'un a chaperone if you have to. time to stay out of the clubs. and the night life needs limited to his home or friends. he has been outside the law a few times, which makes him a target, as well as an opp to not think clearly. but I think this will get appealed successfully and reduced, but nothing has been proven at this point. and I feel it's way too excessive at this point in the game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 am
I think you are correct on Elliott having a history. Super alpha males seem never to avoid situations that can jeopardize their fame and fortune. Proven criminality does not have to exist under contracts with moral clauses. Urban Meyer must be a wizard at keeping his players and their digressions under wraps.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/jo ... ing/387731

he certainly must omega and I admire him for that. he's a rock. and a players coach as well.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Elliott's suspension upheld by NFL but can play in 1st game:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas ... ion-upheld

farmer
SEOP

Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspended For Six Games By NFL (Appeal Denied)

Post by farmer »

More NFL BS allowing him to play because it is the Sunday night game and they want better ratings.
Still do not like the fact that no charges were brought against Zeke and no conviction. Then again Ray Rice and former Cowboy Hardy both skirted around the law. Even though they were guilty.

One thing not brought up is the vetting that the Cowboys and other teams had done looking into Zeke before the draft. Because the Cowboys should of had him help like they had to do for Dez to keep him out of trouble. I think that Zeke needs to have some rehab and therapy while he is out.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I don't understand it either farmer. In the investigation by the NFL they found the Franklin County Prosecutor thought something likely did happen but chose not to further pursue it. Just like the skipping of court appearances and driving under suspension they just didn't seem to care. I still think he will somehow get it reduced or delayed but we will see

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well a federal judge gave him a nice long delay likely to last all season long :roll: . Looks like Dallas season is saved. I had a feeling this would happen

Return to “Pro Sports”