MY TAKE ON NFL PLAYER PROTESTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MY TAKE ON NFL PLAYER PROTESTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tom Osborne

11 mins ·

i think i have made my mind up i'm not likely going to watch any nfl football this year. it makes my skin crawl watching people turn their back on our flag, kneel or raise a hand. that to me is people wanting individual attention in a team sport. but who gets dishonored is every military person/family past, present and future. any and everyone who has ever served , or given their life for our country and our flag. please don't go there about race. there ain't a racist bone in my body. i watch the news i see the things happening on both sides. america is becoming so twisted and distorted we may be on the brink of another civil war as well as a nucleur war. then you'll have shootings and attacks because of protests. our flag is holy and sacred. the nfl needs to tell every player across the board. that before they sign their contract you face the flag, place your hand over your heart and you stand there till it's over. no kneeling no turning your back, or fist raised. if you do you are automatically fired.no matter how popular, whatever color i don't care, you're gone. and owed nothing more. you signed up to play here, you live here. those are the rules, break them you are gone, period. and if you hate it here, we'll hand you a pocket knife and give you a free trip to a middle eastern country. and you'll fly there with american troops that love our country. we will furnish you with your own parachute and explain how it works even. ozzie

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MY TAKE ON NFL PLAYER PROTESTS.

if this somehow turns racist just like I said on facebook. that is the polar opposite of my intentions. time people take a stand.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

there are thousands of ways other than this to protest injustices and wrong doings. and if it starts in college or high school ball, then i'll watch a movie instead.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I am disappointed in Hue Jackson. At first he said this wouldn't happen on his team and now that they are doing it he says well they can do it as long as its peaceful and not disruptive, I say bull take a stand and stick to it, don't let the players run the show! Making all this money just doesn't seem important to these players any more they rather do other stuff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I have many black friends and there is a big discussion about this on my facebook page. I have spoke with several today by phone. and I truly do have a clearer view of the reasons for the protests. and I definitely am sympathetic to them. but I still don't agree with how it's being handled.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I will not be watching nfl. Until roger goddell grows a pair and deals with this crap

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I understand what they are protesting. and I adopted a bi-racial child out of the foster system like 23 years ago. but there has to be other ways to go about it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 am I will not be watching nfl. Until roger goddell grows a pair and deals with this crap
I agree....He needs to deal with this before it get too far and cost him his job.
For everyone that doesn't stand you are disrespecting every soldier that has ever severed this country.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Browns players used the excuse they were praying,lol. It amazes me the only time they can find time to kneel down and pray is when the National Anthem is being played.Don't see why they can't stand and pray while looking at the flag! I been hearing talk they will start having the players staying in the locker room when the Anthem is being played, which I think is a great idea, but I am afraid they will find other ways to draw attention to themselves. I think they said the NFL had a big ratings drop after all this bs started so Goodell better do something before it is too late.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seemed like at one time it was just wide receivers making trouble.lol

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

noreply66 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 am I will not be watching nfl. Until roger goddell grows a pair and deals with this crap
I agree....He needs to deal with this before it get too far and cost him his job.
For everyone that doesn't stand you are disrespecting every soldier that has ever severed this country.
Yea it's straight bs they would'nt be so quick to knell if they was'nt blessed with an amazing life on the field and went and served. Hope they feel real great about shitting on people like tillman everytime they do this

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:38 am I understand what they are protesting. and I adopted a bi-racial child out of the foster system like 23 years ago. but there has to be other ways to go about it.

But honestly what are they protesting? We have all seen the videos If they would just stop or listen to the cops this poop would'nt happen man..
white people get shot everyday by cops and blacks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw a picture on facebook. cain't remember the browns players name. but it was a white cop sitting on a stool in uniform.
a person in all black was behind him with his hand holding the forehead of the cop. and had a red,white, blue vest on and had cut the cops throat/and was in mid execution. like an Islamic execution. that is exactly my point.don't pee down my leg and tell me it's a peaceful gesture. it is inevitable no matter what color you are, if you are drug dealing, pimping, thieving,looting,shooting at cops, pointing bb guns at cops that look like a glock, aattacking a cop trying to take his firearm, calling 911 to get the cops somewhere and then executing them. then there are bound to be sad results at the use of firearms and weapons. it is sad and everyone knows it.there are no good answers. I pray to our holy god everyday for our country. but there are bad people of all colors and all nations. this is all biblical about the fall of mankind. there have been black people shot like 22 rounds.---------------------------------- when a shot or 2 would have been effective.----------I have a bi-racial son I adopted 23 years ago. he has been pulled over numerous times just for having a white woman in the car. like they are checking on her safety. I don't want to go into all the injustices I've seen where cops were not found guilty. ----------------------- but there are good bad cops everywhere. just like there are good/bad people everywhere. --------------------------- I too think something needs done. ------------------------ but degrading/disgracing/ignoring or protesting the flag during a national anthem just does not sit well with me. especially when I see numerous disfigured veterans standing missing sometimes 2/3 limbs. therefore I see it as a disgrace. but again, that is my opinion. --------------- there have to be thousands of other ways.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

From former Brown and Hall of Fame RB one of the Best to ever play the game as well as activist Jim Brown. His take on the Kaep situation.

Jim Brown says he can appreciate Colin Kaepernick's desire to fight for a righteous cause, but the Pro Football Hall of Famer and iconic social activist disagrees with his method.

"I want to be in his corner, and I do think, 'God bless him,'" Brown told ThePostGame.

But kneeling for the national anthem the way Kaepernick did last season as 49ers quarterback isn't how Brown would show leadership.

"I'm going to give you the real deal: I'm an American," Brown said. "I don't desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I'm not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I'm going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I'll work out the problems, but I'll do it in an intelligent manner."

It's one thing to take a stance against police brutality and for the equal treatment of minorities as Kaepernick has. But it's another to do it in a way that mobilizes others to rally behind you.

"If you have a cause, I think you should organize it, present it in a manner where it's not only you standing or sitting on one knee, but a lot of people that is gonna get behind each other and do something about it," Brown said. "If I ask you one question: Who is Colin calling on to follow what he's talking about?"

Brown also made the point that it is tough to balance activism while playing pro sports.

"Colin has to make up his mind whether he's truly an activist or he's a football player," Brown said. "Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you're making that kind of money. ...

"You have to understand there's intelligence that's involved, OK? I can't be two things at once that contradict each other. If I sign for money, then the people I sign with, they have rules and regulations."

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

very good read. james Harrison of the steelers said. if you are a steeler and you're not standing you better have a broken leg. and if you didn't he'd break one for you. I admire that.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Steelers are tough. This is why the Browns will not beat the Steelers this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm Steelers are tough. This is why the Browns will not beat the Steelers this year.
Seems like all this people that have a problem with our flag have never been in the military.
Some are big money idiots.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:35 pm very good read. james Harrison of the steelers said. if you are a steeler and you're not standing you better have a broken leg. and if you didn't he'd break one for you. I admire that.
But, he never said that. Someone just made that up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Drumpf must be the Steelers spokesman.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Needs to stop whites and blacks alike die everyday at the others hands whether its by thugs or cops it happens

Return to “Pro Sports”