FRANK ROBINSON DEAD AT AGE 83

Omega
SEOPS H

FRANK ROBINSON DEAD AT AGE 83

Post by Omega »

From the NY Post:

Frank Robinson, a star, trailblazer and one of the most decorated baseball figures in history, has died, MASN reported Thursday. He was 83.

Robinson, a Hall of Famer and the only player to be named MVP in both the National and American League, had battled cancer for years.

The longtime Reds and Orioles outfielder, who also played for the Dodgers, Angels and Indians, collected records and glory in his 21-year career, in which he won the Triple Crown and two World Series.

Before his 586-home-run career even ended, Robinson became the first black manager in Major League Baseball, when he was player-manager of the Indians in 1975. He would manage Cleveland, the Giants, Orioles and Expos/Nationals.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/07/baseball- ... ead-at-83/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: FRANK ROBINSON DEAD AT AGE 83

Post by Omega »

Time marches on for the boys of summer.

Warm summer nights listening to Waite Hoyt extol the exploits of Frank, Vada, Wally, and Gus. Sigh.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RIP FRANK

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Omega wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:36 pm Time marches on for the boys of summer.

Warm summer nights listening to Waite Hoyt extol the exploits of Frank, Vada, Wally, and Gus. Sigh.
I've still got a Gus Bell miniature bat my dad bought on my first trip to Crosley field a FEW years ago. Good memories. The Frank Robinson trade in 65' when he was in his prime to Baltimore for Milt Pappas in my mind is the WORST trade ever in the history of pro sports. The Orioles won the 66 World series and then to add insult to injury beat the Reds in 70. (RIP Frank)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Pro Sports”