Alliance Of American Football (Starts tonight)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Alliance Of American Football (Starts tonight)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Games are on CBS. CBSSPORTSNETWORK and on the NFL Network.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Alliance Of American Football (Starts tonight)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I got the whole season set to record. I'm ready to see what it's about.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I know nothing about it, do you.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I have read all of the rosters and know there is a Buckeye or a player from Ohio on every team, I believe.

Here is a link to some of the rules differences in the league.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Is anyone watching?
I am watching both games.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I watched the San Diego vs San Antonio.This was the first game after having a practice game. Low scoring game. No kick offs. So it is put at the 25. Gets the game moving faster as well as the 35 sec play clock. No TV timeouts for commercials. Gets the game moving. Also must go for 2 no kicking extra point.
Overtime will allow both teams to have the ball once, first-and-goal from the 10. Teams have to score a touchdown and go for two points while field goals are not allowed. Games can end in a tie after the overtime period.

Also having a Sky Judge who can stop play and reverse a call. As well as the plays needing review you get to hear what is being said. Even better it moves so much faster than the NFL turtle crawl replay.

The game the players move and look like NFL players. The QB play will improve with games played. The QB's did not throw the ball away or to no one like the NFL game has become. As well as their incomplete passes were closer to the WR.

Offensive line play was better for San Antonio and really needs improved for San Diego. Not the penalties on the OL for holding or illegal procedure. Not having the linemen stand at the line for a long time before plays help that.

WR's seem to be players working on their game. A lot of talent at TE.

Defense played well and tackled well. DB's showed some real talent needing game time. Many will get to play in the NFL.

Kickers for punt and FG's. Good place for some of the players moving from soccer or other countries to gain experience.

Game not the penalties in the NFL. The talking and the look at me players are not a distraction as the NFL has become. Not having the big stars gets the announcers not putting the players up as Idols who can do nothing wrong. Willing to call it like it is. Pointing out mistakes and who made the mistake. One great thing was actually showing the players going to the line instead of replays and showing fans or whoever. More on the game. One little problem is not knowing much about some of the players. Much like preseason NFL games but the quality of the game is better.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Watching now .. Wished we had team in Columbus

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bama15
Waterboy

Post by Bama15 »

Watched Both games last night. I'd say its like AAA baseball. Not that far from the top. The players not being "household names" makes it seem a little "less" perhaps, but overall the play wasn't shoddy by any means...... except San Diego's O-line :)

Lots of "oh I remember him now" moments which was cool. I'll keep watching. Enjoyed it.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree with a team in Columbus......correct me if I am wrong...but I have watched a few of these games over the last few days and WOW the hits I have seen....it’s not that every one is a ESPN Top 10....but what I did notice is the way they were hitting and not getting called.....looked like hits from jack lambert....and guys like em....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

AAF is closer to football than the NFL, when it comes to hitting.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Looks like they have put them in cities in warmer climates. Which is good for this time of year. Dome stadiums in the colder North good. Even if to rotate games around the country like the NFL goes to other countries.

Great thing is the uniforms are not hard on the eyes like the color rush and some college teams.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Stadiums look pretty empty. Hopefully they have a good t.v. contract or it might not last long. I read each player gets 75k a season

Michael Scott
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

mattash wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:48 am Stadiums look pretty empty. Hopefully they have a good t.v. contract or it might not last long. I read each player gets 75k a season
From what I heard about that doesn't matter. Because Silicon Valley is where most of the investors are from. As they are developing more interaction online and gambling apps. They are not paying the high salaries for NFL players.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 pm AAF is closer to football than the NFL, when it comes to hitting.

Agreed.....and liked it....ALOT!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I watched Atlanta and Orlando and found the game to be entertaining in terms of effort and pace of the game. The players actually seemed to be having fun and the 35 second play clock seemed to move the game a long quite a bit compared to the NFL or NCAA.

Will it last? I doubt it. But it will be a diversion until March Madness.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think if it survives a couple of seasons, it may take hold. I would start it in April when folks start to miss real football. And I'd like to see it borrow from Europe NFL and use fringe players from NFL teams with their logos on the uniforms. It has to start after March Madness and end before NFL training camps open. Also, would be great if a team played in Mapfre stadium.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This does give the players a chance to get invited to summer workouts. As well as giving the NFL teams a chance to have an idea if some of these players may help team before the draft. Also the stadiums would be easier to get. Not sure if the NFL teams are allowed in for practices or not. But could allow for good interaction. This could be a good way to get NFL backup QB's game time. Where some of the NFL backups are not close to being good. Even if they are a good guy and team mate. Easy to come up with ways to make it better. Just will wait and see what they do and how many players end up on NFL teams.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I will watch all four and hope those on here on watch, will post on the games.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What's the tv lineup this weekend?

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The AAF provides entertainment, but I personally think the level of talent and general quality of play is no better than what NFL Europe offered. The fact that spearing is apparently allowed already has the AAF going down an ill-fated path.

As for long-term viability... well, let’s put it this way: the XFL relaunches in 2020. One league will stay alive, the other will not.

Return to “Pro Sports”