Cleveland Browns @ NY Jets MNF

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Cleveland Browns @ NY Jets MNF

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm taking a page from Tiger Bait and Bill Belichick. New topic, on to New York.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Cleveland Browns @ NY Jets MNF

Post by cbolt »

Must win for the Brownies or Freddies butt will start burning on that seat. Jimmy's trigger finger will be getting a bad case of poison ivy.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree with that...….all the hype to come out and look like nothing has changed...…hopefully this will fuel their fire and be a different team on MNF...…if not....kitchens fanny will most definitely be getting the heat from all directions.....personally I think its easier to win when not expected to win....the browns find themselves in a position they aren't accustom to and that's supposed to be winning ballgames...…

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I remember a hyped team with a young star QB who opened the season with a 31-0 loss. The QB threw 4 interceptions and the game snowballed on them. The winning team then became a favorite to win the Super Bowl. The team that won was the Buffalo Bills. The team that took the beating? The New England Patriots. They only went on to win the Super Bowl. Let's hold our powder. I'm concerned but not panicked.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Jets will over come the Cleveland hype and win 27-24.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:19 am I remember a hyped team with a young star QB who opened the season with a 31-0 loss. The QB threw 4 interceptions and the game snowballed on them. The winning team then became a favorite to win the Super Bowl. The team that won was the Buffalo Bills. The team that took the beating? The New England Patriots. They only went on to win the Super Bowl. Let's hold our powder. I'm concerned but not panicked.

good post

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I do not think much of the Jets coach. They picked up Bell but he didn't show much last week. Way more talk off the field. Both teams need to win to keep the fan base from getting down going 0 - 2.

Then this Beckham crap about still going to wear his watch after the NFL says no. Beckham thinks the NFL is doing this because it is OBJ. Maybe OBJ is tired of Brown being in the news. The Browns need to clean up the penalties. If not the Jets will win.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Brown's is a lock this week !

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Tennessee loses to Indianapolis! That wont give the Brownies any confidence boost. We will see how mentally tough they are.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jets are out at the airport checking the car rental stores to see if they have any players they maybe able to rent. The injury bug has taken out some quality starters already. The Browns need to be careful that injuries do not happen to them. As well as playing the game to get back at former Coach Williams. Also OBJ not putting on a show for the NY fans not playing football.

Browns take the game seriously they win by at least 2 TD's

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

hope you are right farmer......they need to come out with a point to prove tonight!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Wish list...a big TE, left tackle and a dynamic linebacker

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

With the starting QB's getting hurt the Browns need to go get Williams from the Redskins. To protect Baker. Before he is hurt. As long as they do not have to give up to much to get him.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Browns won but played a poor team in the JETS. A win is a win but hard to tell where they are at. Less penalties but still more than they should. But personal fouls are adding up. Kitchens is coming up short as a coach right now. The place kicking is getting good and the punter is a big advantage.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree farmer. Still not comfortable with where they are. They won and did what they should against a bad team down to their third string QB. The penalties are still a problem. That penalty against Garrett could have been a killer against a better team. Mayfield still seems to be struggling a little finding his reads.Batted passes were a problem tonight. The run blocking has to get better to take pressure off Mayfield, too many negative running plays tonight. The defense lets a third string QB go 20/25 for almost 200 yards in limited action. This team is not an AFC contender right now, imo. The schedule gets really tough the next 5 weeks and it will probably determine their season. They could easily be 1-6 by November.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

farmer wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm The Browns won but played a poor team in the JETS. A win is a win but hard to tell where they are at. Less penalties but still more than they should. But personal fouls are adding up. Kitchens is coming up short as a coach right now. The place kicking is getting good and the punter is a big advantage.
ole bait was played out from workin outside n fell asleep in the 3rd quarter. so I had no idea who won. glad the browns did though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

we did better.....at least against a team that we were supposed to be beat....a lot of positive out of this....but theres as much bad as good....need to go to work on the short week and improve.....have to give OBJ praise for the one handed catch in the 1st qrter…...awesome....we haven't saw a such a playmaker in C-L-E in forever...if ever

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I really don't understand some of the play calls. It's like we're trying to score a touchdown on every play. I could use more play action, shorter drops and misdirection to throw off the defense. Right now they're just teeing off on Baker. I have been saying I'd like to see more 12 packages with quicker releases. Also I don't mind if Baker takes off some if he can get 5-7 yards.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Having Chubb at RB waiting for Hunt to come later this season. This offense will have 2 very good backs. Running the ball helps the offensive line to pass block. Which helps Baker to feel more comfortable throwing the ball instead of thinking of where the defense is coming at him. Now the Browns face the top teams in the NFL for the next 5 games. Maybe they were holding back like a preseason game since it was the Jets.
Maybe the Browns could sign a basketball player to play TE for a few games in LeBron James. Feed the circus. LOL

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Njoku might need wrist surgery and also concussion. He's not the answer at TE for the Browns. I'd load up on that position. While we're at it, CJ Anderson is available. Power back. Let's beef up

Return to “Pro Sports”