Post by mattash »

Rooting for the browns this week

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
countywide35
SEOP

Re: Browns season on line vs Ravens 9-29

Post by countywide35 »

gonna be no easy task to beat the ravens that's for sure.....they took the chiefs to the wire but hey so didn't we the Rams....hopefully they can figure some things out this week......my goodness for the amount of money those guys get paid to manage and coach the team they ought a be able to...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Ok Browns fans, got to think about this question...is Mayfield more like Derek Andersen or Brian Sipe? Now think about that awhile before you answer.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It is really hard to say right now with the poor line play and Kitchens play calling. The play calling doesn't help out the line. As the defense can rush the passer. Right now it is Derek Anderson.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

First thing the Browns need to do is fire Kitchens. Does he get paid for every drink he takes of Core while he is answering questions at the presser? Yes, blame him for the play calling. His slap d*ck clown play calling is the reason they are 1-2.

Second, lose the vertical brown and orange stripes in the end zone. Tacky.

Last, ditch their uniforms, especially the all brown with orange numbers. DON'T wear orange pants. Go back to the classic Browns uniforms from the Jim Brown era, total class.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Ktichens calls plays for 8 games then becomes Head Coach. That was the only time even being an OC. After the last game he was asked about giving up play calling. HE said that is not even up to even thinking about. Just goes to show the way he thinks after unexcusable play calls against the Rams. At the end of the game he couldn't management the game and do the play calling. If he is going to do the play calling at least let DC former Head Coach Steve Wilks manage the game. Kitchens needs to give up some control. Strange the hire Kitchens for being a lot like Jackson who he is replacing.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Agree Kitchens has too much on the table to be managing the whole team and calling plays. As for Mayfield he reminds me more of Sipe with his short stature and accuracy of throws.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I, like a lot of other people, don't always like his cocky attitude, but it wouldn't matter if Tom Brady or Drew Brees were the QB for the Browns right now. If they don't have the worst offensive line in the NFL, I would have to think that they are one of the worst. I would also agree that his play calling ( Just this game alone ) has really placed a lot of doubt in a lot of peoples minds. I would hope that in the end that it would be Brian Sipe, at least we can hope that it would be.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

cbolt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm Agree Kitchens has too much on the table to be managing the whole team and calling plays. As for Mayfield he reminds me more of Sipe with his short stature and accuracy of throws.
As I said, think about the answer for Mayfield. Andersen had a meteoric season and everyone thought, here we go. Got our QB. Thud! Sipe was an afterthought for a couple of years, then got his chance. He grew into the role. So now, is Mayfield a meteor or someone who can grow into the role of leader? THAT was the question I was asking. Like I said, think about it.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

It is awfully hard to ask your QB AND your HC to learn on the job at the same time. Freddie, forget your ego and let Monken call plays. And I'd love to see less Mayfield commercials until he wins something.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Mayfield from last year to this year took a lot of time to do these commercials. As people thought he was great and the team would be one of the best in the NFL. The commercials will continue but one thing for sure is he is not buying his offensive line jet skis.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Maybe he could buy them cleats. Sure looks like they're on roller skates so far.😬

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we bengals fans are rowin right beside ya'll in the same boat. and I hope the brownies do win. but I have a feeling the bills will be too much this week for us who-deyers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Who-deyers take on the stillers Monday night ,bait. Call me crazy but I think the stripes might have a chance. As for this game I see Brownies going 1-3. Dirty bird defense will be too much for the Brownies offensive line i'm afraid.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well the AFC North is anybody's to get. Big win on the road at Baltimore. Can we steal one from 49ers or Seahawks? 9-7 might win the division this year

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well it took 4 games but the Browns we were expecting finally showed up. That was a complete team victory! Offense ,defense, special teams, it was all there today. Chubb looked like Jesse Owens on that toss sweep and Mayfield looked like the Mayfield of last year, offensive line was solid all day! Defense played their hearts out with most their secondary still out. Whitehead was a star today causing two turnovers. I'll have eat my serving of crow now er would that be raven? Great day to be a Brownies fan. Only thing I didn't like was why in Sam Hill were they throwing a pass right after the Ravens had just burned their last timeout? They just give them an extra timeout by doing that.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

dazed&confused wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:14 pm Well the AFC North is anybody's to get. Big win on the road at Baltimore. Can we steal one from 49ers or Seahawks? 9-7 might win the division this year
I agree with you. The schedule has not done the Browns any favors this year. They did look very determined today, if they can get some of there walking wounded back, they still might have a chance in the AFC North.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns hung on without the DB's. Still way to many penalties. Good to get the run game going to help out the offensive line.

Losing Landry with concussion if he misses games that will hurt. The biggest thing in the game was OBJ lost his ear ring. This is a big gift to the Raven low paid stadium worker who finds it. Good even though he didn't catch many passes that he did try to block for Landry on the long run.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

I still think Kitchens is a a$$hat as a head coach.

Return to “Pro Sports”