What is going on at Western Carolina?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

What is going on at Western Carolina?

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

First Nick Aldridge left and now Cam Miller and another freshman player has also left. Here is the link to the story and all it says is that they were both suspended and both decided not to accept the supension, so therefore they are no longer on the team.

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/ ... 08aaa.html

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

What is going on? Sounds like some kids chose the "highway" over the "my way."

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i agree. what is goin on at western carolina

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

What's going on??? Larry Hunter is running his program!! Doesn't suprise me that Nick and Cam have left. Look at all the players in the last 10 to 15 years from Scioto county/Sotheast District that have gone on to play college sports. Not many have lasted 4 years in a program. Sorry but Scioto county/Southeast District sports programs don't have many D 1 players. I'm sure if Cam wants play college ball and go with the rules put down from the coach, he will get another chance somewhere

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

I haven't heard much about Cam, but I do know that Nick has landed at the school where he originally committed to, Cincinnati. I heard he's currently practicing with the team, and will be eligible to play around the January of next year. Good luck to both of these young men wherever they end up, and congrats to Waginger for hanging in there....

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Nothing that surprises me. These kids have the talent, but have and have had issues with behavior, discipline, and attitude.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Everyone is making blame on the school for these players leaving....they had to do something wrong to get in trouble to begin with. BUT here is a better question...why doesn't anybody make topics on how good Wagginger is doing at the same schools these three kids left anyone ever thought of that.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

All I know is that this doesn't help future southern ohioans who wish to some day play college basketball.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

winchell wrote:All I know is that this doesn't help future southern ohioans who wish to some day play college basketball.

I agree with that.

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

I noticed a while back that Waginger started the game at Illinois, is he still starting? He was one of the most enjoyable players to watch for the 4 years that I seen him play high school ball...It is said to hear about Aldridge and Miller....

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

It really is a shame when kids this talented go to the next level and just can't grasp the type of discipline it takes to be a division 1 athlete. Eventually everyone has to accept authority.

Much Obliged
falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Larry Hunter has always been a disciplinarian. He played at Ohio with discipline and he has coached with discipline. It is a shame that it had to come to this point for these three players. I don't know the story or the details but I am pretty sure that I'd side with Coach Hunter.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I agree, this hurts Southeastern Ohio sports programs. When did all this quitting start?? I believe if you start something you should finish, no matter what!!!!!!!

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I think student /athletes from this area that have coaches who instill discipline in them make it at the next level. But for some college age kids they get a taste of freedom and just can't step up. At the college level you have to have the athletic ability, the dicipline, and keep your grades up. Brigham had all that in high school. I heard from his Dad that he is doing well. His Mom even drives to his games. She hasn't missed one he said.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Spoiled High School players that have everything and are told they are the greatest at home and in high school. You take a kid that fights his way out of the bad sections of New York, Columbus and other large cities and they aren't handed everything and fight to get a better life. Again SPOILED!!!

Sounds to me like Hunter just needs to look else where for kids that really want a chance.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Sometimes Freethrow, but I know kids in this area that have had a bad home life and this was their chance but they just couldn't respect authority or have the discipline to show up for practice. The same can go for kids from inner cities, et. I guess you just have to want it bad enough, and want to work for it.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

winchell wrote:All I know is that this doesn't help future southern ohioans who wish to some day play college basketball.

That may not always be the truth, dont hold what two local players did against every other high school player in southeastern ohio back. You have to remeber he got Wagginger from Webster/Ironton, and another school down that way is getting a Burg play next year. There are kids here that want to work and get better.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

I think the issue was way too much partying and Larry Hunter will not tolerate that what so ever. It went on in High School and everyone knew it, and it seems to always be sweep under the rug. By doing this all they do is hurt the kid for life, so you can’t put all the blame on the kids. School Officials need to treat every kid the same and Coaches need to treat every player the same!

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

The shi$%er of the Aldridge situation is how he emerged from his entire self-induced debacle smelling like a rose.....getting a scholly to a Big East school.

Cronin dropped a pedestal in my book for that one.

Return to “College Sports”