2017 MARSHALL Football (Not That Anybody Cares)

Omega
SEOPS H

2017 MARSHALL Football (Not That Anybody Cares)

Post by Omega »

Marshall has quietly amassed a 6-1 overall record with a 3-0 tab in CUSA East action. The Herd has a shot at eight or nine wins and a bowl game, which would be quite an improvement over last years 3-9 record. That said, given the mediocrity of their schedule and weakness of CUSA, does anyone outside of the immediate Huntington area really care about the program?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/276

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: 2017 MARSHALL Football (Not That Anybody Cares)

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I stopped following Marshall when they left the MAC. The MAC now has a higher tv contract than CUSA. Oh the irony.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I still watch them when I can catch them on tv. been to many a marshall game. watched them win a national championship there one day. always have followed them. but like nybuckeye , they messed up bad when they left the mac. and hosed their fanbase bad. and like omega said it's a very weak conference. but I've always been a herd fan as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Marshall games is not a big deal on the local tv. Outside of Huntington just not a big deal. When Marshall sold out the fans who supported them for all the lean years by going to seat license. That lost a big group. Bringing in schools people have no clue about/ even knowing some were even a school sure doesn't help. Then earlier this year car break in during games as well as other crimes. Marshall is just not attracting the local crowd.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree, look at the stadium, in the mac folks could drive to every game. and back then marshall fans traveled by the herds. now they don't or can't. they cut their nose off to spite their face. couldn't see the forest for the trees kinda thing. the mac should have stayed their home. with some of the ooc games still being Virginia tech, west va, east Carolina and the like. there was hardly ever an empty seat in the place then.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

When Marshall left for CUSA. That year Louisville left and in following years the other big name schools. If those schools would have stayed that would have been a good move. Marshall just doesn't attract the fans. One thing that has hurt them over the past 20 years is the rise in speed limits on the highways making it easier to go see OSU , WVU or longer road trips to watch major college football.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Use to watch them alot. Have not seen a game in probably 3 years.

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I got to see them play middle tenn. last week. I hadda buddy in Huntington, he had a volkswagon van painted all up in marshall colors and logos. and when i'd go to marshall games with my ole boss. he would back the van up to the parking lot of a subway store in huntington and we'd pick up a six foot long sub he had pre-ordered. they slid it in from the back door and it would go all the way to the front seats. I know you're thinking that is only six foot longs , but you would be wrong. these things were like 6 inches wide and about 4/5 inches tall. and they were so stacked with stuff it was unbelievable. he had this board board they slid it in and out on. then we'd tailgate till the kickoff. those were awesome times.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and we sat in this group and someone would always bring this huge salami or pepperoni roll. big as a dang alladin thermos. when marshall scored they passed it around and everybody would bite a big ole hunk out of it.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Growing up my channels was 3,8,11,13 needless to say i had limited range on what i could watch

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

yea marshall is really in a bd bat where they ended up. but i am beginning to think several of these conferences the way they are aligned our not going to work out. I would like to see marshall back into the MAC. But for that to ever happen i think they would have to being there own dance partner. But i think they already have them in there league and that would be to bring western kentucky with them.

The other thing i could see happening is the big 12 finally realizing they cant make it with 10 teams as far as money goes and if American conference teams like SMU, Houston and Memphis and can keep there programs on a uptick i think a couple of them could get invites if that were to happen. Marshall would fit into the American conference fine and yes it is a league spread out everywhere but schools in American at least have some name recognition to them.

Return to “College Sports”