Mayo vs Walker=Round 1

Tartanblue
SEO

Mayo vs Walker=Round 1

Post by Tartanblue »

Bill Walker vs OJ in the first round of the NCAA, this should be an exciting game to watch.

BigMcCauley55
S

Re: Mayo vs Walker=Round 1

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

its Mike B. and OJ MAYO the top two frosh in the land

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This is a great match-up and I am really excited to see the game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i'm takin billy walker and k st

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:its Mike B. and OJ MAYO the top two frosh in the land

Whats wrong with the Mayo vs. Walker? Did you forget they were high school teammates? Besides, Beasley is probably going to match up with Taj Gibson not Mayo.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

hammerdown wrote:should be fun to watch.

Indeed.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

brutally honest wrote:
BigMcCauley55 wrote:its Mike B. and OJ MAYO the top two frosh in the land

Whats wrong with the Mayo vs. Walker? Did you forget they were high school teammates? Besides, Beasley is probably going to match up with Taj Gibson not Mayo.

That was the main reason for the topic heading, but Mayo vs Beasley is going to be fun to watch on the floor also. I am going to take K-State in the game. Just think about a K-state vs Kansas rematch even in a later round.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

yea i knew they were highschool team mates and AAU teammates but i see a shooting dual between Mayo and beasly not a man on man match up

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

First - I was amazed that Bill Walker was still in school and on the team at Kansas State. In addition to the fact that Bob Huggins, his primary recruiter [for UC at first, but then KS], subsequently left Kansas State for WVU; didn't Walker suffer some kind of serious injury [ACL tear?] last year?
Second - I was really stunned to think of OJ Mayo and Bill Walker playing against each other since they spent so many years playing together! That had to add a whole new component to both of their games.
Third - It was obvious the game announcers had no knowledge of the connection between Mayo and Walker - understandable since their bio's list them as graduating from different high schools in different states - and I didn't hear their joint shared history mentioned until a post-game show.
There was a brief televised moment during the game of Walker going over to Mayo who was down on the floor and offering him a helping hand up. Touching and significant to anyone who knew of their connection and friendship.
Fourth - Walker's role as an "unselfish team-player" willing to support [and subordinate himself] to "superstar" freshman Beasley was mentioned repeatedly. Wasn't this the kid who was called a "thug, unwilling to abide by rules, collector of "T's", during his high school years at NCH? So has he changed/matured, or did he just get a lot of unnecessarily "bad press" during his time at NCH?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

It was mentioned for a second about them being teammates in school, they showed a picture of them in Trojan jersey's and said that it was from their high school days at North College Hill

Return to “College Sports”