BEING AN OHIO STATE FAN

abuck76
SEOPS HO

BEING AN OHIO STATE FAN

Post by abuck76 »

We went on vacation to Holden Beach.....family beach, not crowded.........building a sand castle with my 8 yr old grandson......I had my OSU t-shirt and ball cap on , and I heard a young couple walking along the beach say " O - H " !!......before I could open my mouth and return with a hearty " I - O "!!! , my grandson shouted " I - O ' !!!!!........Love that kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................... :12224

JChipwood
All Conference

Re: BEING AN OHIO STATE FAN

Post by JChipwood »

abuck76, Nice!!!!!!

Don't even know the boy but i love him too!!!!!!!!!!! I went to Colorado skiing with my son and of course wore my colors and had several O-H's yelled at me, amazing the following and pride that comes with us Buckeye fans. Good post!!!!

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

We were in Gatlinburg last October, checked in our hotel and took off to find a sports bar that would have the game on, found a BBQ place and had our colors on, walked in and were scanning for a table when we heard shouts of "We're over here!", and looked and one whole wing of the restaurant was filled with Ohio State fans. We met people from all over and had a great time, just like tailgating.
When we vacation at Hilton Head, one night is always reserved for Mangiamo's, a restaurant ran by a Buckeye alum. He has it decorated with anything and everything Ohio State and even Michigan logos in the bottom of the toilets. :lol:
Here's their website:

http://www.mangiamo.net/

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I was at Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago and was walking on the beach whenever I heard a band playing the "o-h-i-o version" of Hang on Sloopy above me on the pier!

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Great stuff!!!!!!!!! Let's hear more.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Are you all Alumni? Me, 1976... My license plate is ABUCK 76.......... :12224

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I have two grandsons. The one 8 and another not quite two. I saw this in a magazine where a dad bought an olympic swimsuit in an adult size. Then on his daughters birthday every year until she was 18, took a picture of her in it. Sooooo, I bought a Jack Tatum jersey for my 8 yr old grandson, and have been taking pictures of him since he was 1......... I bought a Laurinaitis jersey for my 1 yr. old grandson.........good pictures........good memories.............. :12224

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Had similar incident at Niagra Falls several years back. We walked into an Applebees on the Canadian side and I had on OSU shirt. I heard some yelling but did not pay much attention at first, and then I finally figured out someone was saying "OH" - my kids and I got it about the same time and replied "IO".

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i thought that was an ohio university bobcat cheer?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Oh please, the only thing OU has, and i have a degree from there too, is halloween....Obviouly you have never been to an OHIO STATE game, when the home side screams 'O', and the bleachers scream 'H' and the visitor side screams 'I' and the end zone screams 'O' and it keeps echoing for minutes.........Oh Baby!!!! there is nothing better than The Ohio State University..............O - H!!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I have never heard Ohio fans doing that cheer. They do a version that speeds up as it goes.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

The Ohio State University..............The University of Ohio............. :12224

bulldog21
JV Team

Post by bulldog21 »

The Ohio State University has helped me court women at OU Halloween, haha. I met some girls from SC last year who were visiting and were just mesmerized by the fact that I attend THE Ohio State University. Doesn't get any better, baby. Haha.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

qualified101 wrote:i thought that was an ohio university bobcat cheer?

i've grown up in Athens and now attend OU so, needless to say, i've been to many a-Bobcat game and i've never once heard it anywhere besides the Shoe.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Qualified is just upset over Duke's most recent football mishap, or wait, did I say football and Duke in the same sentence. He's just trying to stir trouble!! I hear the lacrosse team is throwing a party this weekend, anyone? anyone? Just kidding!!!!!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

they play football at duke?

ive been to many a bball game at the convo and they do use that cheer. really doesnt matter. i think the last time they played, dennis hopson and snoopy graham were enrolled. i believe it was an nit postseason game.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i'm not sure what you were smokin when you went to those games but i've been to countless OU games at the convo and no, we do not use that cheer.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Maybe Ohio State was playing at the convo................ :12224

earp
S

Post by earp »

I was in Palm Beach Florida a couple of years back and we went out to a bar that was right on the beach.I wore my Ohio State jersey that night and I told the people I was with WATCH! when I walk in here I will be an instant celebrity.They were like "Youre full of it!" Nobody cares about Ohio State here!As soon as I walked i the place I hear O-H! from like 20 people and of course then I said I-O! I saw my friends like 4 hours later and hadnt spent a dime while I was there.I even met a retired OSU professor that was in there that night,It was quite an evening out and the people that were with me were dumbfounded! :lol:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Its great to be a buckeye!!!!!.... My vanity plate also says 'ABUCK 76'.........We were in Virginia and a guy passed me but slowed down as he passed enough that I could see his Ohio State vanity plate..........he then slowed back to be even with me, grinned , gave me a thumbs up and honked his horn.......Yea, a Buckeye..... :12224

Return to “College Sports”