Kentucky basketball

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Kentucky basketball

Post by UK#1 »

how is kentucky going to do entering SEC play. been kind of a slow season so far but looks like they are finally starting to work together good. how far a run will they make in the tourny? surpised i havnt seen anyone talking about kentucky on here.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Kentucky basketball

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I'd say they will be lucky to go 12-6 in SEC play this year. They have great players, but don't have the TEAM they had last year. To many "me, me, me's" on the team this year. Even Calapari says that. Until they learn to play as a team and not worry about themselves they won't be very successful.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

i dont think they will lose that many game 2 maybe 3 at the most. u have to look at how weak the sec is this year. plus they have been playing better especially ryan harrow he is still nowhere near as good as the point guards coach cal usually has but he is improving.
Last edited by UK#1 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

Every time i watched them this year all i can do is shake my head. With that being said they should do fine in the SEC and will make a small run maybe a big run in the tourney if they play as a TEAM.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

After watching the Cats play against Louisville I would say they will be lucky to win the SEC. A very WEAK SEC. If Louisville's top 3 players dont each have 4 fouls early on in the 2nd the Cards would have destroyed UK. These kids 2 UK have no clue how to play as a team. Seems like they are all just trying to pad stats for yet another 1 and done team. They will be a 2nd round out come March.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

I think they go out in the Sweet 16 hard to live up to last years team

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

This class IMO isn't nearly on the talent level of the past 3 at UK. Good players, yes, buy the previous classes were loaded with unbelievable talent, especially last year. To me the big thing that's lacking for this team from the past few Is experienced leadership. Last year they had Darius miller who had been around all 4 years with alot of experience. They had doran lamb and Terrance jones return for their sophomore season. All 3 of these guys were starters on a season before who went to the final four. This year Cal is working solely with freshman for the most part and freshmen who aren't on the level of some of his classes, especially last years class and his first class with wall, cousins and Bledsoe. I feel calipari is a much better recruiter more so than a actual coach and wins pretty much with pure talent. Not a knock on calipari, it wins games but I think he's seen some of the downside this year.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

GoBuckeyes2786 wrote:This class IMO isn't nearly on the talent level of the past 3 at UK. Good players, yes, buy the previous classes were loaded with unbelievable talent, especially last year. To me the big thing that's lacking for this team from the past few Is experienced leadership. Last year they had Darius miller who had been around all 4 years with alot of experience. They had doran lamb and Terrance jones return for their sophomore season. All 3 of these guys were starters on a season before who went to the final four. This year Cal is working solely with freshman for the most part and freshmen who aren't on the level of some of his classes, especially last years class and his first class with wall, cousins and Bledsoe. I feel calipari is a much better recruiter more so than a actual coach and wins pretty much with pure talent. Not a knock on calipari, it wins games but I think he's seen some of the downside this year.
Next year's class could be the best of all of them if they land Wiggins and Randle(they are the favorites for both). Wiggins is the #1 SF in the country and Randle is the #1 PF. They already have the #1 PG, #1 SG, #2 SG, and #5 PF in the country signed.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The SEC is as weak in basketball as the Big ten is in football.
The Wildcats could run the table.

I am a little shocked to see all of the big name recruits still elect to go to Kentucky just to play in the weak SEC.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:The SEC is as weak in basketball as the Big ten is in football.
The Wildcats could run the table.

I am a little shocked to see all of the big name recruits still elect to go to Kentucky just to play in the weak SEC.
They view Kentucky as a first class ticket to the draft lottery. The school's history and strength of schedule are secondary. Orton and Bledsoe were both first round draft picks two years ago and neither contributed a whole lot for the Wildcats. That's a pretty good sell for a kid from lower or middle class families looking to make NBA money.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

still excited to see next years team and how this team does for the rest of the season. lot of controversy on one and done last year we saw the benifits this year we see the down side as a kentucky fan im fine with it as long as it keeps getting us wins but if those wins dont lead to more titles and final fours we will start to get more upset. and people comparing this years team to last year that isnt even fair to do this team has nowhere near the skill level last years team had

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Dakari Johnson just committed to Kentucky. That means they now have the #1 PG, SG, and C in the class already committed. Throw in Wiggins and Randle like I mentioned before and they have the #1 high school recruit at every position. I just saw a interview with both of the previously mentioned players and Kentucky is the heavy favorite for both. Wiggins's brother's favorite team is Kentucky and he might help influence his decision. Randle mentioned that if he could play in college with any of the current high school seniors he would choose to play with Andrew Harrison(Kentucky commit). This could be the highest rated class in college basketball history.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Kentucky can get their players to stay they would be in the final four about every year.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Dakari Johnson just committed to Kentucky. That means they now have the #1 PG, SG, and C in the class already committed. Throw in Wiggins and Randle like I mentioned before and they have the #1 high school recruit at every position. I just saw a interview with both of the previously mentioned players and Kentucky is the heavy favorite for both. Wiggins's brother's favorite team is Kentucky and he might help influence his decision. Randle mentioned that if he could play in college with any of the current high school seniors he would choose to play with Andrew Harrison(Kentucky commit). This could be the highest rated class in college basketball history.

If Wiggins is the kid from hunnington WV. I dont think UK will get him. He will go to FSU with his team mate.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

yes wiggins is the one from huntington I have my doubts if he goes to kentucky. sure kentucky is his brothers favorite team but his host family in huntington was also the host family for Gorgui Dieng from Louisville and he is trying to keep him from kentucky and if he has a team mate going to fsu it could keep him from UK

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Cant remember the kids name but his team mate has already signed with the Noles.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Other than his teammate signing there and all the girls the university threw his way during his visit I can't imagine why Florida State would be at the top of his list. They are not known for having an elite basketball program. I'm not really a Kentucky fan but they have proven they can get it done in the tournament with a young core.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

TribeManiac10 wrote:Other than his teammate signing there and all the girls the university threw his way during his visit I can't imagine why Florida State would be at the top of his list. They are not know for having an elite basketball program. I'm not really a Kentucky fan but they have proven they can get it done in the tournament with a young core.

The only reason I know anything about this is because I have a co worker that is a huge FSU fan. Im going off of what he has told me he has seen/heard through FSU scouting, etc.... However, I do know that the Noles have 2 top 100 recruits already sighed fron the 2013 class.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

first sec game tonight ready to see how they will do after they went through camp cal. vandy is always a tough place to play even when vandy is having a down year. heard kentucky is starting the big lineup tonight

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

UK#1 wrote:first sec game tonight ready to see how they will do after they went through camp cal. vandy is always a tough place to play even when vandy is having a down year. heard kentucky is starting the big lineup tonight
Will Noel or Cauley Stein play the four?

Return to “College Sports”