WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

Post by Bleeding Red »

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-stat ... unishment/

Interesting read if you want to hear some inside scoop on what happened with the Board vs President Drake during the Urban deliberations.

Cliff note: Everyone opposed ANY disciplinary action against Meyer except President Drake and a couple of board members. Jeff Wadsworth was one of the board members that wasnt happy with only a 3 game suspension for Meyer (he wanted more) and ended up resigning his board chair the following week.

There is still zero evidence that Courtney Smith was abused and the investigation clearly says that Urban can be proven as knowing of any abuse or that he tried to cover it up.

The fact is, Urban was right in the presser he did on Monday. He should have let Zach Smith go before any more drama happened and he is only guilty of giving the guy too many chances, as we have seen Meyer do with countless players and coaches going all the way back to his days at Florida.

Jeff Snook is very credible also. He seems to have a very good handle on what goes on in Columbus as well as very dependable resources.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bosa has surgery. This is worrisome. I could see him not suiting up for another game with the Buckeyes.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Durn it. Gotta agree with ya

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I heard that last night about bosa on the Columbus news. makes my stomach turn. if he can't play this season he may head to the pros. would love to see him get a medical redshirt and stay 2 more years. but we all know that ain't likely to happen.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:12 am I heard that last night about bosa on the Columbus news. makes my stomach turn. if he can't play this season he may head to the pros. would love to see him get a medical redshirt and stay 2 more years. but we all know that ain't likely to happen.
Unfortunately Bait, that's not gonna happen. Just saw the updated early mock draft for next year's draft, and they have Bosa going #1.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

far as Bosa not playing again remains to be seen.......if this team continues to play and improve each week like they are capable of.... that puts the bucks right in the middle of the play-off talks and run for the national title.....which to me changes the way Nick Bosa approaches this........hopefully that is........we have to remember his brother Joey two-time all-American and NATIONAL TITLE CHAMP played on the team the last time we won it all......having said that, if the bucks are in serious contention for the title run I cant help but think Nick Bosa will do everything he can to follow in his brothers footsteps and be on the field contributing to the national title run....so he too can claim to be a National Champion....Nick wants it too the same as Joey did......and he does follow his brothers path.....he came to play for the scarlet n grey after his brother correct?..........so if he can.....I would assume he will do whatever it takes to help the national title run and get himself healthy to do so......these are world class athletes with access to world class healthcare.....if there is a way.....they will find it........LETS GO BUCKS!!!.......one week and one game at a time

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope he makes a full recovery, I know the guy wants to play and is chomping at the bit. he's not the kind to lay low and wait for the draft. he'd crawl to a game 1st. I hope it's a quicker recovery than expected. main thing I want to see him we;; again.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Saw the other day Barrett was cut from the practice squad. Looks like his coaching career might get started a little early.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well, I'd love to have him in buckeye land with the right supervision. I know urban loved him like a son. how many times have we seen this Heisman winning qb's and Heisman type caliber qb's that flat lit it up in college. that were multi faceted set records out the ying yang, and had sterling careers as college qb's. yet their skillset won't let them stick in the pros. sad really, under the right coaching I think barrett would make an awesome qb. we've seen this with so many qb's through the years. now if a running back wins it. he'll be a star in the nfl. but the jury is always out on a Heisman winning qb. and Mayfield is undersized as well as a winner. but has excellent escapability. so I hope he pans out for you browns fans. he's ate a few humble pies, and seems to genuinely be on the right path. so hopefully he doesn't turnout to be another johnny football.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:51 am well, I'd love to have him in buckeye land with the right supervision. I know urban loved him like a son. how many times have we seen this Heisman winning qb's and Heisman type caliber qb's that flat lit it up in college. that were multi faceted set records out the ying yang, and had sterling careers as college qb's. yet their skillset won't let them stick in the pros. sad really, under the right coaching I think barrett would make an awesome qb. we've seen this with so many qb's through the years. now if a running back wins it. he'll be a star in the nfl. but the jury is always out on a Heisman winning qb. and Mayfield is undersized as well as a winner. but has excellent escapability. so I hope he pans out for you browns fans. he's ate a few humble pies, and seems to genuinely be on the right path. so hopefully he doesn't turnout to be another johnny football.
Who was the last QB from OSU that even made an impact at all in the pro's ? Tom Tupa lasted the longest but he played backup for a few years and his main job in the pros was as a punter. Probably Mike Tomczak with the Bears and Schlichter before all the troubles who I still think is the best at OSU all-time, throw out these darn records. Rex Kern was a Db for a couple years in pro ball, Germaine got a small sniff with the Rams and Hoying went to the Eagles one year but Krenzel, Smith, Pryor (Who I always thought should have been a receiver anyway) and Barrett were never going to be pro style QB's. Just my thoughts. :cry:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

That YouTube video..."the punter who became a quarterback" is a good example of how well Tupa could've played as a starting qb in nfl

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:51 am well, I'd love to have him in buckeye land with the right supervision. I know urban loved him like a son. how many times have we seen this Heisman winning qb's and Heisman type caliber qb's that flat lit it up in college. that were multi faceted set records out the ying yang, and had sterling careers as college qb's. yet their skillset won't let them stick in the pros. sad really, under the right coaching I think barrett would make an awesome qb. we've seen this with so many qb's through the years. now if a running back wins it. he'll be a star in the nfl. but the jury is always out on a Heisman winning qb. and Mayfield is undersized as well as a winner. but has excellent escapability. so I hope he pans out for you browns fans. he's ate a few humble pies, and seems to genuinely be on the right path. so hopefully he doesn't turnout to be another johnny football.
Who was the last QB from OSU that even made an impact at all in the pro's ? Tom Tupa lasted the longest but he played backup for a few years and his main job in the pros was as a punter. Probably Mike Tomczak with the Bears and Schlichter before all the troubles who I still think is the best at OSU all-time, throw out these darn records. Rex Kern was a Db for a couple years in pro ball, Germaine got a small sniff with the Rams and Hoying went to the Eagles one year but Krenzel, Smith, Pryor (Who I always thought should have been a receiver anyway) and Barrett were never going to be pro style QB's. Just my thoughts. :cry:
Troy Smith was going to be the starter for the Ravens but got sick with Lemierre's syndrome. In came Joe Flacco. Troy never was the same.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Story about the OSU Marching Band. With 100 year old alumnus dottin the i.

https://news.osu.edu/ohio-state-marchin ... -saturday/

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Wow wish I would've napped after halftime.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

State 49 Tulane 6.

Big margin of victory that could have been much worse. Haskins had Heisman-esque numbers, but hey, it was against Tulane.

Yet with TCU in danger of losing to Texas at this moment, no one really knows how good OSU is. State's back seven on defense still did not look solid and penalties continue to plague the Buckeyes. Throw in the running game taking a back seat to Haskins and Weber banged up, the Penn State game looks to be a big challenge for OSU.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TCU is going down.....

#13 Virginia Tech lost to Old Dominion, that has nothing to do with OSU but man that’s crazy....

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well TCU got beat soundly by the Horns so they don't look so great now. With the BIG having a lackluster year so far Bucks might have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. :shock:. Thank Goodness Purdue beat BC today

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:32 pm Well TCU got beat soundly by the Horns so they don't look so great now. With the BIG having a lackluster year so far Bucks might have to go undefeated to make the playoffs. :shock:. Thank Goodness Purdue beat BC today
You might even have two P5 conference left out of the CFP. Notre Dame is the wild card.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I copied this from the topic I started about the penn state/ohio state game. without reading anybody else's comments I'm curious about how others feel about the game. I just didn't feel like retyping something similar here. sorry about the caps, honestly sometimes I do that and don't realize it when I'm typing, then I post it without looking. but I type with my left pointin finger and hit the caps button sometimes typing, anyhoo here is what I thought from yesterday. great win for the bucks.

WHAT SAY YOU ALL AS THIS TITANIC BATTLE AT HAPPY VALLEY GETS READY TO TAKE OFF. THE NITTANY LIONS ROLLED OVER THE FIGHTING ILLINI AFTER COMING FROM BEHIND. AND OHIO STATE PUT 42 ON TULANE BEFORE THEY COULD GET ALL THE BUCKLES SNAPPED ON THEIR HELMET. AND THEN STARTED MAKING WHOLESALE CHANGES AT THE HALF AND PLAYED EVERYBODY BUT THE CHEERLEADERS, AND RIGHT AT THE END SCORED 7 MORE TO MAKE IT 49-6. I THINK THEY TOOK THE FOOT OFF THE GAS TOO QUICKLY IN SOME RESPECTS. BUT GOT VALUABLE PLAYING TIME FOR BACKUPS, AND WERE SMART ABOUT INJURIES WITH A ''WHITEOUT'' COMING UP AT PENN STATE. I THOUGHT THEY HAD TATE MARTELL TRY TO DO TOO MUCH RUNNING WISE. AND THANKFULLY DEFENSIVE LINE IS OUR STRONGEST, DEEPEST PART OF OUR TEAM WITH BOSA OUT. HATED SEEING THEM SIDEWAYS PASSES STARTING BACK UP. BUT HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT A 49-6 WIN OVER A D1 OPPONENT. BUT THE RIGHT SPORTS BROADCASTER GETS AHOLD OF IT AND SAYS SOMETHING LIKE. ''AFTER COMING OUT LIKE WORLD BEATERS OHIO STATE SCORES 42 IN THE 1ST HALF ON TULANE, AND THEN TULANE GOT THINGS CORRECTED DEFENSIVELY AND WERE ABLE TO ONLY HOLD THE POWERFUL BUCKEYE TEAM TO ONLY 1 TD IN THE 2ND HALF'' THEN YOU GET ALL THE STYLE POINT PEOPLE SAYING DROP THE BUCKS DOWN. AND GEORGIA AND CLEMSON BOTH STRUGGLED TO WIN. WHAT SAY YA'LL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes that was crazy odu beating va tech. buffalo beat Rutgers. as well as a few others. I don't spect anyone saw that coming the monarchs over the hokies.

Return to “College Sports”