THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY vs Navy

ballparent
S

Re: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY vs Navy

Post by ballparent »

For those going to the game...plan to get to your seats early and enjoy TBDBITL entering the stadium and watch as John Glenn dots the I and the rush of a jet flyover. What a great way to start the season!

Go Bucks!!!!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I will say this...Ohio State needs to score alot of pionts to help with the computer pionts at the end of the year.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

I-O!!!

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
buckeyeshots wrote:This game won't even be close! However, all positions are very stout with the exception of our o-line. The hoggies up front will determine whether we go back to a BCS game or not. Only time will tell.

Who else is gonna be in the shoe on Saturday?!

The Buckeyes will be in a BCS game, it's the week they play in Pasadena that the O-Line
play will determine.

OSU plays USC at home, not in Pasadena...

BTW, Just got the word a couple of days ago that I will be shooting at all home football games once school starts (Illinois will be the first one). If you're going to any of those games, send me a PM and I will try and get a shot of you!

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

buckeyeshots wrote:I-O!!!

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
buckeyeshots wrote:This game won't even be close! However, all positions are very stout with the exception of our o-line. The hoggies up front will determine whether we go back to a BCS game or not. Only time will tell.

The Buckeyes will be in a BCS game, it's the week they play in Pasadena that the O-Line
play will determine.

BTW, Just got the word a couple of days ago that I will be shooting at all home football games once school starts (Illinois will be the first one). If you're going to any of those games, send me a PM and I will try and get a shot of you!

That's exactly right buckeyeshots, and how the Buckeye faithful have been waiting for that weekend in Columbus! First time we will get to check out the new lighting system at a night game which adds just another great element to the 'shoe. I got a first look at the Jersey Scrimmage a couple of weeks ago and it will be an added bonus, especially for those with seats in the South Stands. Go Bucks!!!!
O-H!!!!

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

THey've added a video board to the North stands as well... just not as big. They've replaced the led's in the score boards and everything looks new. Also, they've replaced the retired jersey's with new translucent plastic boards with the players name and retired number so that when it gets dark, they can flip a switch and they glow... same with the national championship years on the other side.

They've put a lot of money and thought into this opportunity. Let's hope they capitalize on it!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

My great grandfather was an officer in the Naval Academy and served in WWII. He also loved the Bucks. This would have been his dream come true.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

My brother is retired from the Navy. He is all Buckeye in football. That sounds like the great place to be with John Glenn dotting the i and a flyover. I remember Woody Hayes and Jack Nicklaus dotting the i , have any other non band members done that ?

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Yes there have been. These are all of the non-band members that have dotted the I: Woody Hayes, Bob Hope, Jack Nicklaus, James "Buster" Douglas, OSU Presidents Novice Fawcett, Gordon Gee and their wives, composer the late Richard "Dick" Heine, Ann Droste, wife of retired director and former OSUMB member Dr. Paul Droste, and retired OSU ticket director Robert Ries

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

buckeyeshots wrote:I-O!!!

seofan_via_dublin wrote:

play will determine.

I know where we play USC.
The Buckeyes will be in a BCS bowl, it's what week in January, that we are in Pasadena that the O-Line play will determine. The Rose bowl because they won the big ten title, or the National title game a week later in Pasadena because they beat USC and went unbeaten. Hoepfully that makes things more clear.

BTW: I'll be at the Illinois Game

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

-I-O

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I just want a W and no injuries.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Good game, Navy played very well, no one can take that from them,

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Navy kind of scared me there. They had all the momentum at the end.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Saw good stuff early from the Buckeyes,
none of that coming from the O-Line!!!

When the second half offense went vanilla and played
what we love to call Tressel Ball, the Midshipmen never gave up
and got themselves back in the game.

Anderson Russell, both of Navy's TDs through the air came off of
your defense. Oh, and I hadn't forgot that Texas won the Fiesta Bowl
on your wonderful D too.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Navy played very well. Hats off to them.

Ohio State needs to find some DB's that can cover in man.

I am more impressed with Navy's play and execution than OSU's.

The Buckeyes dodged a bullet.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They better get it right! They played sloppy and they overlooked a very good Navy team!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

It didn't look like OSU needs DBs that can cover in man, as Russell was the only one beat. However, when OSU is defending a typical offense, he is rarely stuck in man coverage. I don't think much can be judged from this game, especially defensively.

My thoughts on OSU and Michigan are the same. Next week won't tell us everything, but right now, we know very little. Let's see what we're all saying Sept 12 at 11:59 PM.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Orestes wrote:It didn't look like OSU needs DBs that can cover in man, as Russell was the only one beat. However, when OSU is defending a typical offense, he is rarely stuck in man coverage. I don't think much can be judged from this game, especially defensively.

My thoughts on OSU and Michigan are the same. Next week won't tell us everything, but right now, we know very little. Let's see what we're all saying Sept 12 at 11:59 PM.

I don't think we'll be saying much of anything next week after the embarrassing loss.

Praetorian
Waterboy

Post by Praetorian »

UGLY, but a it's a win. Better get things worked out before Saturday. Another loss on the big stage will put the final nail in the BCS coffin for the Bucks!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

WHS95FAN wrote:
Orestes wrote:It didn't look like OSU needs DBs that can cover in man, as Russell was the only one beat. However, when OSU is defending a typical offense, he is rarely stuck in man coverage. I don't think much can be judged from this game, especially defensively.

I don't think we'll be saying much of anything next week after the embarrassing loss.

No, I'll be on here whining and complaining. In my opinion, OSU showed flashes yesterday. JT took Pryor out with a 10 point lead in the first half. Then, OSU was up 29-14, and he went for it on 4th down rather than go up 3 possessions.

Clearly, JT approached this game like a controlled scrimmage and it almost bit him in the butt. I'm not saying they held back to confuse USC or anything, but I guarantee you, if they are up 20-14 in the 4th quarter against USC and have a shot at a FG on 4th down, JT will kick that SOB.

The game will come down to this for OSU.

1. No turnovers on offense, or at least, only minimally damaging turnovers.

2. Stop or contain USC's running game.

3. Pressure the true freshman QB (Barkley). Remember, that in 2006, RS Frosh Colt McCoy lit up North Texas and then looked like a deer in the headlights against OSU. (crossing fingers)...

Return to “College Sports”